ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Gonzaga

larlane

Freshman
Aug 29, 2001
UK will play at Gonzaga this year and in Rupp next year. In announcing the game, Calipari joked Few wanted to play UK, "but everything's gotta be on his terms."

"I thought we were Kentucky," Calipari said.

Feel free to discuss.

UK will play at Gonzaga this year and in Rupp next year. In announcing the game, Calipari joked Few wanted to play UK, "but everything's gotta be on his terms."

"I thought we were Kentucky," Calipari said.

Feel free to discuss.
They are KY and stuck with it. Cal is on a fast downhill slope.

From very casually skimming Rupp Rafters, I thought it sounded like he’s been cleaning up quite nicely in recruiting this year.

But I don’t know … I don’t even follow *IU* recruiting, so I’m open to correction and discipline.

Just landed the number 4 overall recruit in Justin Edwards, The best shot blocker in 2022, A top 10 player and number one PG in Rob Dillingham, and looking good to add the number one overall player DJ Wagner. But yeah.

Just landed the number 4 overall recruit in Justin Edwards, The best shot blocker in 2022, A top 10 player and number one PG in Rob Dillingham, and looking good to add the number one overall player DJ Wagner. But yeah.
Damn, that's impressive ... maybe even good enough to beat St Peter's.

Damn, that's impressive ... maybe even good enough to beat St Peter's.
How in the phuck did that UK team lose to St Peters? Purdue is always setup nicely for post season failure. But damn, UK had the player of the year, two very good PGs, a high level experienced shooter in Grady. Some long talent in Toppin and Brooks.

I hate them as much as the next IU fan, but something has turned sour for Cal recently. He was on a very, very good NCAA tourney results trend for most of his time at UK??

or lose to Robert Morris in the NIT
Those teams were flawed. Cal signed some highly ranked classes that didn’t fit together even on paper. They haven’t had a great run of balanced classes. This one will be I’m afraid. They haven’t had great guard play and their defense has been pretty bad.

Reactions: RunninRichie
How in the phuck did that UK team lose to St Peters? Purdue is always setup nicely for post season failure. But damn, UK had the player of the year, two very good PGs, a high level experienced shooter in Grady. Some long talent in Toppin and Brooks.

I hate them as much as the next IU fan, but something has turned sour for Cal recently. He was on a very, very good NCAA tourney results trend for most of his time at UK??
The common take over at Rupp Rafters is that you can pretty cleanly divide Cal’s time at UK in half. He had tremendous success initially but has underperformed in recent years (since 2014, 2016? Something like that).

The games are to be played at Rupp, but NOT on Gonzaga's home court. The game will be played at 12,000 seat Spokane Arena. Cal really fears the away game.
Chicken John should become the new face of KFC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT