ADVERTISEMENT

UK Coach Search Updates

First time I've ever been to Rupp Rafters even to lurk and they are tracking some plane flying from Waco to Lexington. Shit, they aren't any better than some of our guys. I remember reading some of that shit when AM ended up getting the job.

First time I've ever been to Rupp Rafters even to lurk and they are tracking some plane flying from Waco to Lexington. Shit, they aren't any better than some of our guys. I remember reading some of that shit when AM ended up getting the job.
That plane isn't BS. It's containing Drew and Joe Craft/Mitch Barnhart. Tons of media at the airport right now.

Drew is a good hire.

Not the home run Cal was in 2008, or what Hurley would have been this time around. Drew is good but there is some risk with him, not a lock to be successful.
I like the hire. Boosters have let it be known they will back Drew 100 percent in NIL and facilites. Joe Craft is matching Cal's NIL. Cal alienated a lot of boosters his back half at UK. Boosters are now coming back now that he's gone.

I like the hire. Boosters have let it be known they will back Drew 100 percent in NIL and facilites. Joe Craft is matching Cal's NIL. Cal alienated a lot of boosters his back half at UK. Boosters are now coming back now that he's gone.
At least you didn’t hire Sam Bowie…

I dgaf about this type of stuff like I used to so I wish you luck with Drew and future at Uk RR.. I stopped gvin a damn when IU decided they stopped caring a while back. Eitherway, I once shared the passion Uk fans have for their program and understand what it meant (I lost
it around 2017ish). Anyways Best of luck with Drew going forward! I hope your fandom and hungar for greatness again is filled with Drew going forward! I really mean that. I just hope this time next season IU will get back to caring again going forward!

Reactions: RunninRichie
i will go on the record and state I dont think this is a good fit.
Drew will win games, but the UK fan base may find his coaching approach to be a bit extreme.

Good for them if it is Drew. Guy won a championship in what was the worst DI basketball school of all time before him.

I think UK is waiting on Drew's decision, then maybe make one more stab at Hurley. If neither of those work out, then they set their sights on Billy D. There are SEVERAL backup options after that that are definite, like Pearl, Sean Miller.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I think UK is waiting on Drew's decision, then maybe make one more stab at Hurley. If neither of those work out, then they set their sights on Billy D. There are SEVERAL backup options after that that are definite, like Pearl, Sean Miller.
Some insiders(yeah I know🙄) at Baylor are saying he’s staying. Now UK fans are tracking the Craft plane to NJ. I’d say if this gets to Saturday then it’s looking like they all said no.

Reactions: RowdyHoosier
Some insiders(yeah I know🙄) at Baylor are saying he’s staying. Now UK fans are tracking the Craft plane to NJ. I’d say if this gets to Saturday then it’s looking like they all said no.
UConn parade is Saturday. Hurley is a low chance, but he is the home run hire that would be tough news.

Saw on the Coaching Changes twitter that they've said something to the affect that "IUBB is the one job we've always felt Drew would leave for, so get ready to do this all over next year". Can't imagine that happening, but can you even imagine!

Reactions: OpenWheels
Damn RR... way to represent KY nation. Dicks gonna be dicks.

Get ready for your 3rd or 4th or probably 5th choice. Can't wait for a 3 year re-build.
Damn… ol’ Running Richie swore it was Drew… as I said before, KY will end up with their 3rd, 4th or 5th choice.

“ Put your hands together and give a big bluegrass welcome home to Mark Pope!”

They might as well go get Pitino and be done with it. Hope he can last another 6 or 7 years. They would have to take his Son as an assistant but surely wouldn't have to commit to him being the coach-in-succession??

UK is in for a rude awakening. They have never gotten a first offer hire or gotten a coach who has won a championship. Fall back is tricky. Mitch doesn’t like Pearl or Beard. So is it Pope?
I just don’t see Hurley leaving UConn. UConn has become, IMO, a destination job with 6 national titles in 25 years. UCLA is the only school I can think of that had a run better than that. I just can’t see a coach winning back to back national titles at one college, then leaving for another college. Could maybe see Hurley leaving for the NBA at some point, but not a a different college job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT