ADVERTISEMENT

UK about to be in Payne????

It’s an honor to be mentioned since I’m one of the few uk fans here.

First off pat forde who wrote the article gets off on anything he can spin about uk

DeBose, according to the motion, also “acknowledged in an exchange of text messages with an assistant coach at the University of Kentucky that Nike was funneling payments to high school players through at least ten different EYBL coaches.”

• The motion states: “An EYBL coach expressed concern to Nike executives about the fact that players and family members were getting paid and that he couldn’t ‘see how this ends well for Nike or the EYBL. Some of us will be deemed guilty by association, others will be found guilty of failure to supervise.’ ”

That’s the gist of it. Payne basically knew what everyone had known for years now that shoe companies were funneling money to players to get them to go to certain schools. Payne along with everyone on the uk staff knows every move they make is watched closely. Payne basically said watch your back and we don’t want any part of it. If Kentucky was involved in any way, they would be the first team ousted we all know that. Plus, we aren’t exactly on nikes good side. Ever since cal turned down Phil knights pk80 tournament a few years ago the top 5 kids aren’t going to uk. We all know shoe companies steer kids in certain directions. Cal is not going to jeopardize Kentucky for one recruit. The article also mentions Romeo being offered 20k and Zion 35k from Nike. Obviously not enough for either. Enjoy the read yourself

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-avenat...zion-williamson-romeo-langford-012143278.html

It’s an honor to be mentioned since I’m one of the few uk fans here.

First off pat forde who wrote the article gets off on anything he can spin about uk

DeBose, according to the motion, also “acknowledged in an exchange of text messages with an assistant coach at the University of Kentucky that Nike was funneling payments to high school players through at least ten different EYBL coaches.”

• The motion states: “An EYBL coach expressed concern to Nike executives about the fact that players and family members were getting paid and that he couldn’t ‘see how this ends well for Nike or the EYBL. Some of us will be deemed guilty by association, others will be found guilty of failure to supervise.’ ”

That’s the gist of it. Payne basically knew what everyone had known for years now that shoe companies were funneling money to players to get them to go to certain schools. Payne along with everyone on the uk staff knows every move they make is watched closely. Payne basically said watch your back and we don’t want any part of it. If Kentucky was involved in any way, they would be the first team ousted we all know that. Plus, we aren’t exactly on nikes good side. Ever since cal turned down Phil knights pk80 tournament a few years ago the top 5 kids aren’t going to uk. We all know shoe companies steer kids in certain directions. Cal is not going to jeopardize Kentucky for one recruit. The article also mentions Romeo being offered 20k and Zion 35k from Nike. Obviously not enough for either. Enjoy the read yourself

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-avenat...zion-williamson-romeo-langford-012143278.html
If you are a UK fan, why are you here?

If you are a UK fan, why are you here?
I enjoy the conversation with my Indiana brethren. You guys are always fun to talk hoops with. The white trash sister loving inbred jokes make it even more of a good time

Ok, fair enough. UK has a strong history.
Thanks for your hospitality and not telling me to go f my sister. Some on here really hate me on general principle. This board has some good posters on it, but because I happen to be a uk fan I can’t talk sports responsibly.

I don’t join in on that. As I’ve stated before, jimbo found one post where I trolled an iu fan on the main board. I liked the big blue balls comment, that was good

You are a lying troll. The original thread topic stated: "Best and Worst big ten fanbases". You did not quote any other post. The thread is in the middle of page 3 of the "College Basketball Forum". Your post is as follows, answering the thread question:

"Wall2Boogie Well-Known Member:

Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up for football. I would put Wisconsin and you douchebags on their as well."

Your condescension, revisionism and lying has really been a negative to this board. Just own it and move on ....

Last edited:
You are a lying troll. The original thread topic stated: "Best and Worst big ten fanbases". You did not quote any other post. The thread is in the middle of page 3 of the "College Basketball Forum". Your post is as follows, answering the thread question:

"Wall2Boogie Well-Known Member:

Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up for football. I would put Wisconsin and you douchebags on their as well."

Your condescension, revisionism and lying has really been a negative to this board. Just own it and move on ....
Thanks for bringing up your favorite quote from me for the 600th time. Maybe if you’re lucky, you will find more jimbo. You’re still one of my favorite posters here especially since I feel the love from you every time you post about me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT