ADVERTISEMENT

Read an article about the scummiest college coaches. UK had 5 of 17

Shuski

All-Big Ten
Aug 28, 2001
UK not surprisingly ranks number one in having the lead by far of scummiest all time coaches although some had multiple places they have been scum.

3. Ridk PItino
5. John Calapari
7 Eddie Sutton
9 Adolph Rupp
12 Joe B Hall

Hall of Fame of scum UK.

UClA was second including
11. John Wooden

Indiana unfortunately has

13. Kelvin Sampson

Dave Bliss was number one and yes he was once an Indiana assistant under Knight.

glad to see Clem Haskins on this list.

Steve Fisher obviously deserves mention, but Bill Frieder started the crap in Ann Arbor. Roy Tarpley, Jobert and gang were showing up to games in the mid 80s in their brand new Caddy's wearing furs. And in Tarpley's case, doing mountains of blow before (and after) each game.
The life of Rumeal Robinson is actually a pretty sad story. From Maseratis and machine guns...to the federal pen. Sold his 89 championship ring to pay off debts. UM basketball was off the rails for many years.

UK not surprisingly ranks number one in having the lead by far of scummiest all time coaches although some had multiple places they have been scum.

3. Ridk PItino
5. John Calapari
7 Eddie Sutton
9 Adolph Rupp
12 Joe B Hall

Hall of Fame of scum UK.

UClA was second including
11. John Wooden

Indiana unfortunately has

13. Kelvin Sampson
What did Wooden do?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I don’t remember Bliss in trouble, I will net search.
Was Alford ever in trouble at New Mexico or Iowa or UCLA?

What did Wooden do?
He had a booster who allegedly bought the best talent available. Google the name Sam Gilbert.
I don’t remember Bliss in trouble, I will net search.
Was Alford ever in trouble at New Mexico or Iowa or UCLA?

Bliss tried to paint a player who had been murdered by a teammate as a drug dealer who got popped.

OP's link isn't working for me, so maybe the article sheds more light on each of them. But those are the high points, or perhaps low points.

He had a booster who allegedly bought the best talent available. Google the name Sam Gilbert.

Bliss tried to paint a player who had been murdered by a teammate as a drug dealer who got popped.

OP's link isn't working for me, so maybe the article sheds more light on each of them. But those are the high points, or perhaps low points.
Yeah think Happy from Blue Chips. Wooden was a fraud.

Reactions: GThomas
glad to see Clem Haskins on this list.

Steve Fisher obviously deserves mention, but Bill Frieder started the crap in Ann Arbor. Roy Tarpley, Jobert and gang were showing up to games in the mid 80s in their brand new Caddy's wearing furs. And in Tarpley's case, doing mountains of blow before (and after) each game.
The life of Rumeal Robinson is actually a pretty sad story. From Maseratis and machine guns...to the federal pen. Sold his 89 championship ring to pay off debts. UM basketball was off the rails for many years.
Wow. Didn’t know about that with Robinson.

True Crime Wow GIF by Dateline NBC

Rumeal Robinson also sold his adoptive mother’s condo right out from under her. IIRC, she took him out of Foster care when he was young, adopted him and THAT’S how he repaid her back. What piece of garbage he is!!!

The other posters pretty much covered everything about Wooden and Bliss. The article was by the grueling truth. Sorry my link did not work but just google the article. UCLA has had a few issues since Wooden with coaches on the list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT