ADVERTISEMENT

How to explain rebounding stats?

Epictetus

Freshman
Aug 30, 2006
IU is currently #317 nationally in rebounds per game. They are not physically limited compared to opponents. There is athletic talent up and down the roster. What accounts for the poor rebounding? It's not because they make such a high percentage of their shots; they are #352 in 3-point shooting %. Is there something about their offensive or defensive principles that prevents them from rebounding?

IU is currently #317 nationally in rebounds per game. They are not physically limited compared to opponents. There is athletic talent up and down the roster. What accounts for the poor rebounding? It's not because they make such a high percentage of their shots; they are #352 in 3-point shooting %. Is there something about their offensive or defensive principles that prevents them from rebounding?
I think most everyone, including seemingly our players, has been confused by what's going on on the defensive end, but it seemed to me started off switching way too often and it left guys confused and out of position for rebounds, capped by the embarassing 44-22 deficit vs UCONN. I thought it was obvious CMW challenged them and they responded vs Lville. Clearly should be a better rebounding team than we've been, but that was a positive step. Hopefully they build off it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT