ADVERTISEMENT

UGA with some blatant voter suppression

No, for the third time. I don't like Liberal policies, they suck. I don't give a shit what Trump has to say on Twitter, or what CNN says about him. Identity politics is not politics.

I vote for the policies I like, bottom line.
For the third time you don’t get any real news. You likely don’t even know what policies Trump has actually gotten through ( hint not much) if all you listen to are his lies saying what he’s going to do. You know, like that Health Care plan he’s been promising us for four years. Uh huh.

For the third time you don’t get any real news. You likely don’t even know what policies Trump has actually gotten through ( hint not much) if all you listen to are his lies saying what he’s going to do. You know, like that Health Care plan he’s been promising us for four years. Uh huh.
Lol at you again citing CNN as "real news". You know as well as I do why he's struggled to get policies passed.

Even if he does nothing it's better than the policies the left is trotting out there. If you want to know what Democratic leadership results in all you have to do is look at some of the cities across the US being run (and burned) into the ground by Democrats.

Absolute shitshows.

Why would you doubt that? I know many families who have done that trip. School districts used to have some Gettysburg and DC learning trips but it became too expensive for many families and too big of a liability.

Zeke, what I doubt is his biased reporting that his poor A student daughter was being indoctrinated by the liberal school system that was intent on teaching a history curriculum that the US was evil. In his version, he was able to save his daughter by providing a real education, unfiltered by bias. BTW, if he was so uninvolved in his daughter's education up to her sophomore year in high school, I highly doubt he turned it around on a dime to correct his neglect during the previous 16 years. For all we know, 76 is a lonely, childless man, creating a fantasy story to illustrate his disconnect to reality.

I have voted multiple times absentee in Indiana. All you have to tell them is you won’t be available to vote on Election Day. No valid reason is necessary. (At least in my county) And I can go to any voting center on Election Day or early voting. (Again, at least in my county) We’ve actually been able to cut down voting centers because of that and early voting. They weren’t all necessary.
Technically you have to tell them why you won't be available to vote on election day.

To vote absentee-by-mail in Indiana, a voter must be able to personally mark their own ballot and sign their name to the completed ballot security envelope and have a reason to request an absentee vote-by-mail ballot:

Are you in Indiana? There are certain guidelines and curriculum that must be met. Did she have a syllabus?

Since you asked a reasonable question, unlike the loser who injected himself into my conversation with Mc, I'll answer you:

This occurred in the early "90's" at an otherwise highly thought of school... I had/have no reason to not believe her version of what she was being taught and since it was nearing the end of the Spring semester I simply planned and executed the trip I recounted.

Like I said, she did really well until I took us to The Wilderness battlefield (which back then was little more than a couple of brick kiosks with informational tablets...,and a little out of our way). Both she and my wife staged a mini-rebellion at that site...; fortunately I redeemed myself, along with Civil War History by stopping at Gettysburg for 3 days on the route back home...

As to whether anyone on here believes anything I type is less than important to me..., and arguing about it is simply taking the bait from someone who evidently has no life of their own...

If I feel I have something of consequence to share I do so...

If someone has a problem with it, well, that's their problem...

Last edited:
Reading my OP, where did I say that? You are misreading what I wrote.
Well, the title of your OP was, "UGA with some blatant voter suppression" and then you posted, "Man I wish right wingers would put 1/10th of the vigor they project to protect 2A to protect the Constitutional right to vote."

Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant.

Last edited:
It corresponds with the right wing agenda. Lefties want the woke kiddies to vote and will do everything they can to encourage them. Righties, not so much.

They may not be right wingers, they might just be stoopid. But I repeat myself.
Probably plenty of Republican students at the UGA, I bet. I don't think this was any kind of attempt at suppression. I believe it was a misguided attempt at preventing large gatherings of students.

Zeke, what I doubt is his biased reporting that his poor A student daughter was being indoctrinated by the liberal school system that was intent on teaching a history curriculum that the US was evil. In his version, he was able to save his daughter by providing a real education, unfiltered by bias. BTW, if he was so uninvolved in his daughter's education up to her sophomore year in high school, I highly doubt he turned it around on a dime to correct his neglect during the previous 16 years. For all we know, 76 is a lonely, childless man, creating a fantasy story to illustrate his disconnect to reality.
Everything he said could be true. You have no way of knowing if it's true or not. Casting doubt on other posters like that is a dick move. Don't be a dick.

Lol at you again citing CNN as "real news". You know as well as I do why he's struggled to get policies passed.

Even if he does nothing it's better than the policies the left is trotting out there. If you want to know what Democratic leadership results in all you have to do is look at some of the cities across the US being run (and burned) into the ground by Democrats.

Absolute shitshows.
Where did I cite CNN?? He hasn’t gotten anything passed because he hasn’t tried. He had House and Senate for two years.,

Since you asked a reasonable question, unlike the loser who injected himself into my conversation with Mc, I'll answer you:

This occurred in the early "90's" at an otherwise highly thought of school... I had/have no reason to not believe her version of what she was being taught and since it was nearing the end of the Spring semester I simply planned and executed the trip I recounted.

Like I said, she did really well until I took us to The Wilderness battlefield (which back then was little more than a couple of brick kiosks with informational tablets...,and a little out of our way). Both she and my wife staged a mini-rebellion at that site...; fortunately I redeemed myself, along with Civil War History by stopping at Gettysburg for 3 days on the route back home...

As to whether anyone on here believes anything I type is less than important to me..., and arguing about it is simply taking the bait from someone who evidently has no life of their own...

If I feel I have something of consequence to share I do so...

If someone has a problem with it, well, that's their problem...
I wasn’t doubting you, as a teacher I was just interested. Since I’m in elementary I don’t know that much about high school curriculum. I’d highly suggest everyone check out outlines and history books especially in junior high and high school. I’d certainly add a reading list too, if you aren’t able to hands on like you did.

Reactions: 76-1
They were going to provide a shuttle for early voting? Really? Could be, but it sounds off to me.
The brou-ha-ha has been about polling places for early voting: https://www.ajc.com/politics/politi...-voting-on-campus/PCMMJ2MGQJGZPJ37TFU34AJSVU/

That might extend to November 3, too, I can't tell . . . https://www.cbsnews.com/news/university-of-georgia-football-in-person-voting-decision-criticism/

But the argument has been about access to polling places on campus for early voting . . . since that's all that anyone can do at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT