ADVERTISEMENT

Two of the first three weeks of the season could be interesting

The write up on us kind of jynxed us with the news on Dexter Williams a couple of weeks ago, "If they're able to stay healthy, they are capable of winning every game on their schedule"

I really like the way Dexter carries himself.

Hoping next year is a healthy and productive year for him.

Usually April Fools jokes are outrageous or unbelievable.
I see neither when I look at the list,a little off maybe but not outrageous.
Normally Coastal and Liberty would be unbelievable but not after the seasons they both had last year.
It’s not unreasonable to think we will be a top 15 team and it has us at 10,I guess I’m missing something.

The real way too early rankings had us at 10.

It was an April Fools joke, but geared to a specific fan base.

The real way too early rankings had us at 10.

It was an April Fools joke, but geared to a specific fan base.
Ok gotcha

Those 2 vs Iowa and Cincy will be great opportunities for IU to shine early. While still too early for predicting, Iowa is replacing a bunch of their front 7 on D. Their QB returns, but he had accuracy issues most of the season. Add in Captain Kirk teams often take a few games to round into shape, I like IU’s Chances whether it’s MP or JT at QB, combined with IU’s experienced D coming back.

Will be difficult to shut down Dual threat Cincy QB, but hopeful IU can slow him down enough that the O can keep up. This is a huge game for both sides. IU Students and fans need to turnout in force for this one as UC folks will be making the short trip for what they feel is a winnable game vs a (still hopefully) high ranked BT opponent.

If IU wins both, obviously a great start to what could be a magical year. If IU splits, Can still have a very good year. I’m torn here on which one would carry more weight (a Road Win vs a BT team, or a home win vs a highly ranked opponent in front of a hopeful packed house)? Lose them both and it’s probably, at best 8-4, 7-5 type season.

Those 2 vs Iowa and Cincy will be great opportunities for IU to shine early. While still too early for predicting, Iowa is replacing a bunch of their front 7 on D. Their QB returns, but he had accuracy issues most of the season. Add in Captain Kirk teams often take a few games to round into shape, I like IU’s Chances whether it’s MP or JT at QB, combined with IU’s experienced D coming back.

Will be difficult to shut down Dual threat Cincy QB, but hopeful IU can slow him down enough that the O can keep up. This is a huge game for both sides. IU Students and fans need to turnout in force for this one as UC folks will be making the short trip for what they feel is a winnable game vs a (still hopefully) high ranked BT opponent.

If IU wins both, obviously a great start to what could be a magical year. If IU splits, Can still have a very good year. I’m torn here on which one would carry more weight (a Road Win vs a BT team, or a home win vs a highly ranked opponent in front of a hopeful packed house)? Lose them both and it’s probably, at best 8-4, 7-5 type season.

Think what we saw last year from the D was not only no fluke, but most of them return a year older, wiser and stronger. Believe the D will be key to those two early season games being wins. On offense, Penix back and firing on all cylinders would be great (though I think Tuttle's spring helps him a lot and he's a real talent too). But biggest change I see should be a better OL (with spring/summer) and an improved running game due to our fantastic new returning RB coach McCollough. THAT could and will be a huge help for the offense if so. Could extend drives and help passing game, while better resting a tough defense to remain dominant too.

Iowa is returning a strong back 7 and yes, two linebackers depart, but one was a situational linebacker.

PFF rated one LB returning their best defensive player last year, despite he missed first two games. He hasn't started. But, two projected starters have starting experience.

Iowa returns all 5 starters in secondary. Iowa often goes 4-2-5.

Iowa loses 3 starters in D-Line for third straight year. 3 upper classmen return at DE and a junior with one start is projected as one of two new DTs.

Offense should be improved. Special teams has good potential again.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT