ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter is a mess right now

I crunched some stats… in 2017, Twitter supported ~32,600 users per employee. In 2021, that number shrank to ~27,500. I’d bet it was even worse by this spring or summer.

Why does it take more employees to support the same number of users? Where are the economies of scale? Are users suddenly harder to support if Twitter wants to monetize them effectively?

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
It’s hilarious. At the same he is trolling Trump and the Poster Child:

tenor.gif
Like I said , great look for a business guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
No it’s not
Ok, so what is it then? Seriously asking for an answer and discussion vs. a modern lefty one liner retort. (I’ve never voted Republican once in my fyi)

One of the most successful people on the planet buys a company and you thought he was going to show up and be a nice guy?

Reactions: stollcpa and ulrey
Ok, so what is it then? Seriously asking for an answer and discussion vs. a modern lefty one liner retort. (I’ve never voted Republican once in my fyi)

One of the most successful people on the planet buys a company and you thought he was going to show up and be a nice guy?
Do you think Zeke has a clue about how a business works?

Back to Elon. As a dirty liberal, here's something Tesla got right. Hopefully it changes the way cars are sold in the next decade. Looks like other auto makers are starting to see the light as well.

Dealerships are antiquated. I believe the reason they still exist are due to laws on teh book put there when we had an entirely different set of problems to deal with.

Reactions: Cortez88
Back to Elon. As a dirty liberal, here's something Tesla got right. Hopefully it changes the way cars are sold in the next decade. Looks like other auto makers are starting to see the light as well.

Dealerships are antiquated. I believe the reason they still exist are due to laws on teh book put there when we had an entirely different set of problems to deal with.

Car dealerships and realtors. Unnecessary, little to no value add in todays world.

Insurance agents might be next?

Car dealerships and realtors. Unnecessary, little to no value add in todays world.

Insurance agents might be next?
Moneyed powers made "realtors" a thing and created a message the one HAD to go through a Realtor for a land transaction. Much like Alpaca registry did for that industry to create a ponzi type value. They bought power in the US government, and in messaging to deliver their prescribed message to the lower class caste investors.
The interwebs and some people that thrive on finding a way "around" things in our legal system, have/are totally eliminating the value of those organizations (unwanted/ non value Alpaca's are now being put to death).
The moral of the story, be powerful, be connected, be focused and be within the proper powerful circles to effect what ever change that you want done, to be did!

Mostly people with a legal education know what levers to pull.
Us normal people have zero chance. zero. I don't think the founding fathers totally figured the human error in the legal profession. God gave us the AK 47.

Most of our commerce in goods has historically run through several levels.

Manufacturer> wholesaler/distributor> retailer> consumer

or the car dealership model

Manufacturer> retailer> consumer

The Internet broke this model in many areas. Ever watch Shark Tank? Usually (except for Lori -- she's all about getting into big box retailers) the advice is always to concentrate on web sales, direct to consumer, where the producer sells direct. Variations are the Amazon model, where the wholesaler/distributor acts as the retailer.

No telling where all this ends up. Lots of disruption and lost jobs at the retail level for sure.

Car dealers at least perform a parts & service function, in addition to selling cars. That's going to be interesting to watch. EVs just don't have anything close to the maintenance and repair requirements that normal cars do. If they can get their initial quality right for all the peripheral subsystems, there won't be much for parts & service operations to do outside of crash work.

Most of our commerce in goods has historically run through several levels.

Manufacturer> wholesaler/distributor> retailer> consumer

or the car dealership model

Manufacturer> retailer> consumer

The Internet broke this model in many areas. Ever watch Shark Tank? Usually (except for Lori -- she's all about getting into big box retailers) the advice is always to concentrate on web sales, direct to consumer, where the producer sells direct. Variations are the Amazon model, where the wholesaler/distributor acts as the retailer.

No telling where all this ends up. Lots of disruption and lost jobs at the retail level for sure.

Car dealers at least perform a parts & service function, in addition to selling cars. That's going to be interesting to watch. EVs just don't have anything close to the maintenance and repair requirements that normal cars do. If they can get their initial quality right for all the peripheral subsystems, there won't be much for parts & service operations to do outside of crash work.
I agree, now can you diagram the Pharmaceuticals stake holders org chart and the sales/ marketing waterfall flow? There seem to be some serious gray areas of just how that one works.

To start with, and what I was talking about when I wrote this thread, I would be smart enough to know there was a reason for the verification check. He did away with that and then had to backtrack. My guess is most of you could have figured that one out.

To start with, and what I was talking about when I wrote this thread, I would be smart enough to know there was a reason for the verification check. He did away with that and then had to backtrack. My guess is most of you could have figured that one out.
You give them too much credit

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Do you think Danc has a clue about how ANYTHING works? The guy that is duped by 2000 Mules? Yeah that’s the guy I’m listening to.
What has been proven wrong about 200 mules? What exactly? Please be specific, because I have not seen anything other than the data has been proven. What Exactly has been proven incorrect?

Reactions: DANC
What has been proven wrong about 200 mules? What exactly? Please be specific, because I have not seen anything other than the data has been proven. What Exactly has been proven incorrect?

That seals it! One side says one thing another side says it isn't true. What can be more concrete than that?

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Who started this thread????
Z4a. I skimmed through this thread, but didn't see anyone, even her, "tell Elon Musk how to run twitter". I doubt anyone has those kind of connections. I saw lots and lots of opinions on things, by lots and lots of posters, but I thought that was the purpose of this board. Silly me.
Of course, I see people expressing opinions on doctors, lawyers, scientists, politicians, coaches, GMs, teachers, stock brokers, historians, journalists, Founding Fathers, judges, musicians, and business owners, too, to name a few.
Is that different somehow?

Z4a. I skimmed through this thread, but didn't see anyone, even her, "tell Elon Musk how to run twitter". I doubt anyone has those kind of connections. I saw lots and lots of opinions on things, by lots and lots of posters, but I thought that was the purpose of this board. Silly me.
Of course, I see people expressing opinions on doctors, lawyers, scientists, politicians, coaches, GMs, teachers, stock brokers, historians, journalists, Founding Fathers, judges, musicians, and business owners, too, to name a few.
Is that different somehow?
Yes. Thanks for sharing.

I crunched some stats… in 2017, Twitter supported ~32,600 users per employee. In 2021, that number shrank to ~27,500. I’d bet it was even worse by this spring or summer.

Why does it take more employees to support the same number of users? Where are the economies of scale? Are users suddenly harder to support if Twitter wants to monetize them effectively?
Knowing nothing of the situation, my wild guess would be that users are in fact harder to support if Twitter wants to properly monetize them, because monetizing them means advertisers, and advertisers means restraints on content, and that means moderation, and that requires man hours.

Twitter's long term issue is that corporate America isn't all in on free speech. No one will want an ad for their product to appear near a "Hitler was right" tweet.

This is hardly new, corporate America fell all over themselves to sponsor Bob Hope. I must have missed, "Hi, I am Lennie Bruce for GM".

So if he wants GM to advertise, there needs to be assurances where GM ads are placed.
This is twitter’s problem.

The S is the Sedan. The X is the SUV and I think goes for $110,000. So a Lyric could compete.

But think image. Tesla's image has been next gen, cutting edge, wealthy, care about the environment.

The Cadillac badge doesn't quite say that. Cadillac makess some fine cars, they struggle not to be seen as "I live in the Villages"
The Tesla has been, to date, the only viable electric vehicle that’s worth a shit. It’s not only an image thing and the Model 3 costs less than new luxury cars that perform weaker.

Do you think Danc has a clue about how ANYTHING works? The guy that is duped by 2000 Mules? Yeah that’s the guy I’m listening to.
Clever retort. Nothing better than a "Oh yea, so are you" reply.

Moneyed powers made "realtors" a thing and created a message the one HAD to go through a Realtor for a land transaction. Much like Alpaca registry did for that industry to create a ponzi type value. They bought power in the US government, and in messaging to deliver their prescribed message to the lower class caste investors.
The interwebs and some people that thrive on finding a way "around" things in our legal system, have/are totally eliminating the value of those organizations (unwanted/ non value Alpaca's are now being put to death).
The moral of the story, be powerful, be connected, be focused and be within the proper powerful circles to effect what ever change that you want done, to be did!

Mostly people with a legal education know what levers to pull.
Us normal people have zero chance. zero. I don't think the founding fathers totally figured the human error in the legal profession. God gave us the AK 47.
Hey Joe, did IGW steal your computer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT