ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter is a mess right now

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
But it’s pretty funny. Elon is finding out why the verification process was important. Of course there was the Eli Lilly one announcing that insulin was free. That wasn’t funny and the real company had to respond. But today I have seen Kari Lake concede, Donald Trump say, I lost, and Pepsi say that Coke is better. It makes for entertainment, but this won’t stand. Does Musk not have any advisors helping him?

But it’s pretty funny. Elon is finding out why the verification process was important. Of course there was the Eli Lilly one announcing that insulin was free. That wasn’t funny and the real company had to respond. But today I have seen Kari Lake concede, Donald Trump say, I lost, and Pepsi say that Coke is better. It makes for entertainment, but this won’t stand. Does Musk not have any advisors helping him?
He's being disruptive. I don't really have a problem with it b/c I think Twitter could use a good tree shaking.

He's being disruptive. I don't really have a problem with it b/c I think Twitter could use a good tree shaking.
Well, at least two more apples have fallen....

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Musk fired the staff that would normally keep this kind of stuff from happening. He’s a tech genius, but I’m not sure he can handle social media, which is vastly different than rocket ships and EV’s.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and larsIU
I cannot get enough of the fake verified accounts. It’s good misinformation as opposed to the damaging misinformation out by extremists on both sides every day there.

Well, at least two more apples have fallen....
I'm not saying it's gonna work but considering what he's accomplished to date I'll give him some rope

Musk is finding out that the Peter Principle is real . . . and that Darwin was right.

No. No matter what happens now, Musk taking over Twitter was a win. If he kills it. Awesome. Someone needs to take a look at Tik Tok now and see if we can bury it.
Why? You don’t like the dances?

No. No matter what happens now, Musk taking over Twitter was a win. If he kills it. Awesome. Someone needs to take a look at Tik Tok now and see if we can bury it.
From what I heard in the news, Twitter has never been profitable. From what I know of what I've seen of Twitter, it's a platform for self-important twits and idiots who for some strange and inexplicable reasons think they're smart. 90 percent of what I've seen is trash. That includes 90 percent of President Trump's twit tweets before he was banned and 99.9 percent of the twits that dbm has linked here.

I liked the "verified" account of Elon Musk saying how he misses his dear old friend Jeffrey Epstein when times are tough.

The Turks were all over the twitter calamity this morning. Tesla's stock has plummeted and advertisers are abandoning the sinking twitter ship...

Just let me know when TWIT stock hits rock bottom. I'm not missing the boat this time dammit.

1. I think Tik Tok is used by the Chinese government to collect data on individuals for whatever reason and

2. I think Tik Tok spreads social contagion. The algorithm feeds you garbage and I think that is related to #1 as well.
I figure everyone has my data anyway. If you watch garbage you get more garbage. If you watch puppies and dances, you get more puppies and dances.

Reactions: sglowrider
No offense, but you would have to be pretty dumb to take anything Twitter related that serious at this point. If you can’t make sense of it, that’s on you.

Does anyone else remember when they found out their Internet browser was setting cookies on their machine without permission? And how outraged we were?
Ahh the prices we'll pay for convenience.

No offense, but you would have to be pretty dumb to take anything Twitter related that serious at this point. If you can’t make sense of it, that’s on you.
That's what you took away from her post?

Well . . . .

Well, Eli Lilly’s stock took A dive today due to yesterday’s prank, Dou t they are too happy.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Well, Eli Lilly’s stock took A dive today due to yesterday’s prank, Dou t they are too happy.
Big companies have used Twitter as part of their communications strategies. The Lilly fiasco will move them to consider publicly exiting Twitter. Not good for TWTR if that happens.

Twitter needed exactly what it’s getting. You want to bet some of your farm land on whether Musk fixes this and the new Twitter ends up a much more profitable company than the one he bought?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT