ADVERTISEMENT

Tuttle might be better than Penix

Beautiful spiral and seems to have pinpoint accuracy. Wow.
Honestly, while Tuttle was impressive for his first game. Penix would have picked that Wiscy secondary to pieces.

The speed of Tuttle's throws vs Penix is noticeable, and that's taking nothing away from Tuttle. But Penix has a much quicker release and can scan the field.

I'm very happy with the win - ecstatic! But I'm not ready to say Tuttle is better than Penix.

He was pretty damn good today. Not sure Penix wins that game. Tuttle's back pedal bought a lot of time against the rush and he threw some dimes under pressure. You really can't play much better than he played today.
This. He ran the offense very effectively and efficiently. Wisconsin defense is good.

Honestly, while Tuttle was impressive for his first game. Penix would have picked that Wiscy secondary to pieces.

The speed of Tuttle's throws vs Penix is noticeable, and that's taking nothing away from Tuttle. But Penix has a much quicker release and can scan the field.

I'm very happy with the win - ecstatic! But I'm not ready to say Tuttle is better than Penix.
True. Penix has an NFL arm but he sure has durability problems.

Reactions: BayernFan
Tuttle (and Ramsey) brings balance. For whatever reason Penix doesn’t. For a team who can’t run a lick we ran pretty darn good the last couple games.
The OL is improving and I bet no Spring practice lead to starting slow by the OL.

Yes and with a great competition at QB.
I don’t see how he’s ready in August with an ACL rebuilt twice. You could see his apprehension this year multiple times. I can only imagine what it’ll be like now.

I don’t see how he’s ready in August with an ACL rebuilt twice. You could see his apprehension this year multiple times. I can only imagine what it’ll be like now.
Let's just see how it shakes out, he deserves better than what he is getting in this thread. Jack had a great game, but it's one game. Micheal helped us to 8 wins last year and now to the best we have had since 67.

The TV crew showed that elite 11 group with Tuttle right there with Heisman Clemson boy. Tuttle may have huge upside still!

Love Penix play, but he's been wildly inconsistent. No doubt he has oodles of raw talent. Tuttle seemed very solid to me today. Seemed to get away better in the pocket as well and avoid sacks and negative plays.

Reactions: IUgradman
Love Penix play, but he's been wildly inconsistent. No doubt he has oodles of raw talent. Tuttle seemed very solid to me today. Seemed to get away better in the pocket as well and avoid sacks and negative plays.
Tuttle was not sacked once today which I thought was remarkable. He does an amazing job of feeling pressure. Thought he was better than Penix at this and was also a lot more mobile in terms of escaping pressure than Penix even though he is not as athletic.

I appreciated Tuttle’s no INT, managing the clock, big 3rd down pass for first on last drive. His TD pass to Whop was thrown before Whop had even turned left.

Tuttle was steady, he’s simply bigger than Penix too, could be more durable.

He “could” be a by RIF: arm skills of Penix, head game and toughness of Ramsey. #Elite11!

Tuttle was not sacked once today which I thought was remarkable. He does an amazing job of feeling pressure. Thought he was better than Penix at this and was also a lot more mobile in terms of escaping pressure than Penix even though he is not as athletic.
JT unloaded when he got pressured and more times than not he did something right, either connecting or getting rid of the ball. He looked like a veteran out there, not a backup in his first start.

Tuttle is very impressive, throws a nice ball. Getting him to Bloomington is one hell of a piece of recruiting by Tom Allen. Tuttle could be the starter at many, many programs.

Just very blessed to have him and yes, I think there could be a QB battle next fall!!

We must be realistic about Penix, the second ACL will no doubt take a longer rehab. It's possible it could be closer to 10 or 11 months before he is ready to play, that would put him out for a majority of next season since he got injured on November 28, He may not really be ready to play until the November games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT