ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
You left out the most important part of MTG's post. The FACTS added for context by people amused with her loose interpretat

Slightly OT, but did you hear about Chaya Raichik making a fool of herself at a "yuge" appearance on campus at IU? I swear I had poly sci courses in Woodburn or Ballantine where we'd break into discussion groups and have a bigger crowd than this...

And man is she stupid. Although Jim Banks could give her a run for his money, and people actually vote for him...

Par for the course. Want to make a conservative look like an idiot then ask them to define woke. They can't...they just know woke is evil/bad and it is all encompassing. It is nothing but a term used to focus attacks.

Don't have to talk about policy or ideas....just say you're anti-woke and you're in.

8myzkv.jpg

The feds looked at that and decided not to prosecute. The gravaman if Braggs case is that those payments should have been public and reported on campaign disclosures. That’s a crazy gross application of the law. The payments could not be made with campaign funds. Hush money is not illegal— even for a candidate.
By Feds, do you mean the Trumpers within the DOJ at the time? The ones Berman accused of corrupting the DOJ and turning it into Trump's private law firm?

He was after all the one who prosecuted Cohen...

Cite the state law he violated. There is none. The entire point of an NDA is to keep the issue private. If it were required to be disclosed no one would ever do them. Again, it's only a campaign expense if the only purpose for it was for the campaign. There are many reasons why someone like Trump would want an NDA.
Speaking of NDAs, Lachlan Cartwright has violated his to speak out...

Judging from your posts,they certainly knew how to reach their target audience...

It’s a stupid case in a terrible venue for him. He should just go enter an Alford plea and flip the script. Put the onus on this judge in an election year with the republican nominee for president over how he recorded stormy d’s buyout. He can then say he can’t get a fair shake in a state he’d lose anyway and didn’t want to waste time with this bs.

This is as ridiculous as the OJ trial. Bunch of liberal nutjob jurors doing whatever their political party wants them to do.

Dumbing this down he falsified biz records in violation of a state stat (misdemeanor) in order to hide payments to stormy d so that it wouldn’t have a deleterious impact on his election thereby influencing an election in violation of ny state stats (the felony)
Right. Payments to stormy are not a crime. Hiding them is not a campaign violation.

Right. Payments to stormy are not a crime.
Depends on when they were made and where. Although the SOL probably already ran on any prostitution charge.

Or are some still laboring under the myth that Daniels slept with Trump because she was attracted to him?

Hiding them is falsifying a business record. When done to dupe voters to enhance your election chances strike 2
I’ll spot you he paid stormy to keep her mouth shut. That’s not a crime so there can be no conspiracy.

If hiding bad stuff from voters were a crime, Biden, Blinken, and hundreds of other people ought to be charged for keeping Hunter’s lap top from the voters.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So the same act is 2 crimes. Has to be in furtherance of another crime. There is none.
I’ll spot you he paid stormy to keep her mouth shut. That’s not a crime so there can be no conspiracy.

If hiding bad stuff from voters were a crime, Biden, Blinken, and hundreds of other people ought to be charged for keeping Hunter’s lap top from the voters.
i don't know why this is so difficult.

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree
when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit
another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

the germane part is the "and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof."

the other crime:

§ 17-152. Conspiracy to promote or prevent election. Any two or more
persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to
a public office by unlawful means and which conspiracy is acted upon by
one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

so is it political of course but it is what it is.

now. i'm cutting out to see if my beloved xavi can put the psg project to bed once and for all.

the germane part is the "and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof."

the other crime:

now. i'm cutting out to see if my beloved xavi can put the psg project to bed once and for all.
Are you saying the second crime serves the purpose of the the “other crime” of the first, and the first serves as the “unlawful means” of the second? That looks like a circle jerk to me.

the other crime:

There was no conspiracy to promote or prevent the election of anyone. Trump's payment to Cohen was in 2017 well after the election. It was a personal expense and he recorded it as such. Nothing close to a crime here. Derschowitz said yesterday he's never seen a similar case in the history of the world, not just the USA, where anyone has ever been charged for anything similar. You got nothing.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
There was no conspiracy to promote or prevent the election of anyone. Trump's payment to Cohen was in 2017 well after the election. It was a personal expense and he recorded it as such. Nothing close to a crime here. Derschowitz said yesterday he's never seen a similar case in the history of the world, not just the USA, where anyone has ever been charged for anything similar. You got nothing.

I got nothing? I’m explaining to you how it works. If you take that personally you definitely have something

And why don’t you understand any of this? The statutes are available. Get off twitter

Good Lord you have it bad. How many times does McM have to answer the same question?

I got nothing? I’m explaining to you how it works. If you take that personally you definitely have something

And why don’t you understand any of this? The statutes are available. Get off twitter
It has become flat earther stuff now. I have a cousin who is a flat earther. Nice enough fellow. When he says "the math shows that the earth is flat", I ask him "have you done the math?" No. "Do you understand the math". No but I know it is true.....

It has become flat earther stuff now. I have a cousin who is a flat earther. Nice enough fellow. When he says "the math shows that the earth is flat", I ask him "have you done the math?" No. "Do you understand the math". No but I know it is true.....
Fascinating.

The Harvard and Yale Law grads and former SCOTUS clerks on Fox and CNN who have read the indictment many times still can't figure out what the crime is a year later. I get what he is saying but there's nothing close to a crime here. That's the question. What's the crime?

Hilary’s campaign hired Perkins Cole who hired Fusion GPS to compile the Steele Dossier. But they misrepresented the payments as legal expenses to obscure where the money went.

They paid a 113,000 dollar fine for campaign finance violations and that was it.

Someone explain to me why that’s nothing more than a fine and this nonsense in New York is a crime. I don’t get it.

Hilary’s campaign hired Perkins Cole who hired Fusion GPS to compile the Steele Dossier. But they misrepresented the payments as legal expenses to obscure where the money went.

They paid a 113,000 dollar fine for campaign finance violations and that was it.

Someone explain to me why that’s nothing more than a fine and this nonsense in New York is a crime. I don’t get it.

Because it's Trump. We're Caponeing him.

A jury of his peers my ass. Why wasn't this case moved to Staten Island where you'd have a 60/40 jury pool? Oh right.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
The alleged crime is falsifying business records. Bragg included the “as part of a hush money scheme “ to add sex appeal to the case. Paying hush money is not a crime. The access Hollywood tapes are not evidence of any wrongdoing. Paying Stormy Daniels is not part of any crime. It’s all just prejudicial garbage.

The Manhattan DA has up to a dozen prosecutors on this case, which is not about justice, but to affect Trumps campaign,. Meanwhile old ladies are getting mugged, the military must guard the subway, and petty crime is through the roof.

Democrat criminal justice is a joke.
Sorry do the crime do the time.

And Murt here are 3 former SCOTUS clerks telling why it's all BS. But I guess you know more about the law than them. Also, John Bolton, Turley, and Derschowitz.

On Fox…..I’m really surprised they could find someone to give your version. On Fox. Try going to MSNBC and hearing their version.

You left out the most important part of MTG's post. The FACTS added for context by people amused with her loose interpretat

Slightly OT, but did you hear about Chaya Raichik making a fool of herself at a "yuge" appearance on campus at IU? I swear I had poly sci courses in Woodburn or Ballantine where we'd break into discussion groups and have a bigger crowd than this...

And man is she stupid. Although Jim Banks could give her a run for his money, and people actually vote for him...

I didn’t. I’ll look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT