ADVERTISEMENT

Trump now has Kushner working on the Pandemic of 2020

What do you think about Jared Kushner as a senior advisor?

• Great choice

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Okay

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump probably could have done better

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Horrific choice

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Don’t know if you saw it last night but he was on television advising the nation during Trump’s press conference.

He got the job to create peace in the Middle East because he had gone to Israel as a tourist when he was a kid. In this case I suppose he has had the flu and survived.

Don’t know if you saw it last night but he was on television advising the nation during Trump’s press conference.

He got the job to create peace in the Middle East because he had gone to Israel as a tourist when he was a kid. In this case I suppose he has had the flu and survived.

I heard Kushner yesterday. I didn't hear one word about him advising the nation. Are you making it up or did you hear something different? I heard Kushner say he was assiting Rear Adm. John Polowczyk with material procurement.

Reactions: Ladoga and Lucy01
I heard Kushner yesterday. I didn't hear one word about him advising the nation. Are you making it up or did you hear something different? I heard Kushner say he was assiting Rear Adm. John Polowczyk with material procurement.

I don't get the desire to have Kushner speak at the press briefing. If you're going for clarity of communications, you don't add another voice to the mix, especially one as high profile as Kushner...unless you don't mind crowding out Rear Admiral Polowczyk.

I don't get the desire to have Kushner speak at the press briefing. If you're going for clarity of communications, you don't add another voice to the mix, especially one as high profile as Kushner...unless you don't mind crowding out Rear Admiral Polowczyk.

I dunno if whose voice makes a difference. I think you are being petty now.

I dunno if whose voice makes a difference. I think you are being petty now.

Ah...your lack of a coherent argument is apparent in your need to make this about me. You "dunno if whose voice makes a difference", so you decide that a point you don't like must be me "being petty". You should just stick with you don't know because that was the end of where you were right.

This is basic Communications 101. You don't add voices unnecessarily if you want your message to be clear. If you want Rear Admiral Polowczyk's voice to have authority, you don't undercut him with a higher profile voice "assisting" him, particularly in an environment where there are questions about the clarity of your communications.

See advise and advice

"You also have a situation where in some states, FEMA allocated ventilators to the states ... but the state still has a stockpile and the notion of the federal stockpile was, it's supposed to be our stockpile. It's not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use," said Kushner.

WTF?

Reactions: UhhOk
Classic example of incoherent posting: Kushner wasn’t advising the nation but it doesn’t matter whose voice... [...what? Was or wasn’t advising the nation...] :rolleyes:
Polite but steady golf clap for this post :)

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Reactions: UncleMark

Feature on the dismantled Pandemic Response team that Kushner is basically replacing...

"At his coronavirus press briefing yesterday, Fox News correspondent John Roberts asked President Trump about his 2018 decision to eliminate the National Security Council’s pandemic-response office. Trump lashed out, “You know that’s a false story, what you just said is a false story … You shouldn’t be repeating a story you know is false,” accusing Roberts of “working for CNN.” (The charge of committing legitimate journalism is the most serious Trump could think to hurl at a Fox News employee.)

The story is not false. Trump did eliminate the job of coordinating a national pandemic response. And the strongest evidence of the damage he did is that this job is now being performed by Jared Kushner.

In May 2018, the top White House official who was focused on pandemic response departed the White House. “The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded,” reported the Washington Post at the time. Trump and his allies — including then-NSC director John Bolton, who undertook the ill-fated move — have since tried to muddy the waters about these moves, emphasizing the fact that they merely reorganized the National Security Council rather than bluntly firing everybody involved in pandemic response.

It is true that they kept some global-health officials onboard. But one purpose of the reorganization was to deemphasize pandemic response in favor of other priorities. Nobody bothered to deny this at the time. “In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose,” an administration official explained to the Post in its 2018 story. “We lost a little bit of the leadership, but the expertise remains.” The pandemic-response office was created in order to give the issue high-level attention. Trump’s team downgraded the office because they thought it needed less attention. In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose, and they chose issues other than pandemic response.

The NSC’s remaining global-health staff did sound the alarm about the coronavirus early on, but its warnings did not register with high-level officials. Bolton’s supporters have tried to paint this as a vindication of his reorganization. See, the NSC was still on top of the pandemic! But the fear wasn’t that nobody in the administration would be aware of the next pandemic. It was that the people who would be aware wouldn’t have the leverage and stature within the White House to get pandemic response slotted to the top of the president’s priorities until it was too late. And that is exactly what happened."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...ponse-jared-kushner-coronavirus.html#comments

Feature on the dismantled Pandemic Response team that Kushner is basically replacing...

"At his coronavirus press briefing yesterday, Fox News correspondent John Roberts asked President Trump about his 2018 decision to eliminate the National Security Council’s pandemic-response office. Trump lashed out, “You know that’s a false story, what you just said is a false story … You shouldn’t be repeating a story you know is false,” accusing Roberts of “working for CNN.” (The charge of committing legitimate journalism is the most serious Trump could think to hurl at a Fox News employee.)

The story is not false. Trump did eliminate the job of coordinating a national pandemic response. And the strongest evidence of the damage he did is that this job is now being performed by Jared Kushner.

In May 2018, the top White House official who was focused on pandemic response departed the White House. “The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded,” reported the Washington Post at the time. Trump and his allies — including then-NSC director John Bolton, who undertook the ill-fated move — have since tried to muddy the waters about these moves, emphasizing the fact that they merely reorganized the National Security Council rather than bluntly firing everybody involved in pandemic response.

It is true that they kept some global-health officials onboard. But one purpose of the reorganization was to deemphasize pandemic response in favor of other priorities. Nobody bothered to deny this at the time. “In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose,” an administration official explained to the Post in its 2018 story. “We lost a little bit of the leadership, but the expertise remains.” The pandemic-response office was created in order to give the issue high-level attention. Trump’s team downgraded the office because they thought it needed less attention. In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose, and they chose issues other than pandemic response.

The NSC’s remaining global-health staff did sound the alarm about the coronavirus early on, but its warnings did not register with high-level officials. Bolton’s supporters have tried to paint this as a vindication of his reorganization. See, the NSC was still on top of the pandemic! But the fear wasn’t that nobody in the administration would be aware of the next pandemic. It was that the people who would be aware wouldn’t have the leverage and stature within the White House to get pandemic response slotted to the top of the president’s priorities until it was too late. And that is exactly what happened."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...ponse-jared-kushner-coronavirus.html#comments
Xi lied. People died.

"You also have a situation where in some states, FEMA allocated ventilators to the states ... but the state still has a stockpile and the notion of the federal stockpile was, it's supposed to be our stockpile. It's not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use," said Kushner.

WTF?

Check this out...

"Until Friday morning, the website of the Department of Health and Human Services, which maintains the stockpile, read, "When state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency."

But midday Friday, hours after Kushner directly contradicted the language on the HHS website, the text was changed without explanation. Retroactively matching what Kushner said, the website no longer says states can rely on the stockpile, but now says it exists to “supplement” them.

“The Strategic National Stockpile's role is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies," the website read on Friday afternoon. "Many states have products stockpiled, as well. The supplies, medicines, and devices for life-saving care contained in the stockpile can be used as a short-term stopgap buffer when the immediate supply of adequate amounts of these materials may not be immediately available.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kushner-says-stockpile-hhs-website-changed-echo-comments-190300125.html

Not only is this Administration populated by people with Draconian ideals, but apparently none of them (including Trump) understand the concept of video/audio tape, the "tweet history" aspect of twitter and similar social media, or how researching past history on google works. Did they really think that the previous wording of the website would just suddenly disappear and no one would be able to retrieve it?

Xi lied. People died.
Man you go all put to support your guy. Trump lied people died. For example, if he hadn’t been sitting on his information for weeks, perhaps he might have let New Orleans know that Mardi Gras wasn’t the best idea. But nope, end of February and they continued with it and now it’s a hot spot. Many, many deaths on Trump’s conscience, or they would be if he had one.

Man you go all put to support your guy. Trump lied people died. For example, if he hadn’t been sitting on his information for weeks, perhaps he might have let New Orleans know that Mardi Gras wasn’t the best idea. But nope, end of February and they continued with it and now it’s a hot spot. Many, many deaths on Trump’s conscience, or they would be if he had one.
I wonder if the Mayor of New Orleans has the internet?

I wonder if the Mayor of New Orleans has the internet?

Since you mentioned Mardi Gras... This is certainly an ironic tale, excerpted from a BBC account by Aleem Maqbool detailing the strange saga of Pastor Spradlin...

So 66 yr old Pastor Spradlin from Va travels to Mardi Gras every year, mainly to take advantage of the throng of humanity (and potential converts) gathered there...

This year he and his wife drove to NOLA, met up with 2 of their daughters, and together they played jazz as a family band in Jackson Square during the height of celebrations...One of the daughters recalled that they never gave a thought to the virus, it just never came up... The Pastor carried on his normal MG routine, visiting dives, clubs, and bars and preaching to anyone willing to listen...

At one point Pastor Spradlin became ill, but he tested negative for the virus. Since Pastor Spradlin was a Trump supporter he gravitated towards the belief that the virus was being overblown, and was an attempt by the media to "get Trump".

"Pastor Spradlin was one of those who became ill but tested negative for COVID-19. Even as he was sick, he posted on social media about "hysteria" surrounding the virus.

On the 13th of March Pastor Spradlin shared on Facebook a misleading post comparing swine flu and coronavirus deaths.

It suggested that Barack Obama and Donald Trump respectively had been treated very differently by the media and that it was a politically motivated ploy to harm President Trump."

The Pastor's son described conversations he and his dad had on the subject...

"Pastor Spradlin's son, Landon Isaac, 32, told me that he and his father had talked and agreed about what they felt was an irrational frenzy and fear-mongering about the virus, perhaps because it was an election year.

"I want to say outright though, dad didn't think it was a hoax, he knew it was a real virus," says Landon Isaac.

"But he did put up that post because he was frustrated that the media was propagating fear as the main mode of communication," he told me."

About a week later, Pastor Spradlin's health took a turn for the worse, so he and his wife decided to head back to Va. They never made it, as his condition deteriorated in NC. He had to be hospitalized with pneumonia in both lungs. And at this point he also tested POSITIVE for COVID-19. He ended up in the ICU and within 8 days he had died...

Ironically his family seems to be inclined to blame the "media" for the Pastor's reluctance to take the virus seriously.
His wife says that she "was frustrated with the way that the media was very agenda-driven - and it's on both sides. I feel like the coronavirus issue turned into something that was 'party against party' instead of one nation under God," she says.

His daughter said that the longstanding polarisation of the American media made it hard to know what to believe and what is political hype." She said that "mixed signals" and an inability to "trust the media" contributed to Pastor Spradlin's "confusion" about the virus...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...di-gras-hysteria-north-carolina-a9449631.html

While I wish the Pastor and his family no ill will, the idea that the media is "irrationally fear-mongering" is either something they originated themselves or an advocated position that they willingly decided to adopt. Doesn't make a great deal of sense to me to assign ulterior motives to"the media" and then blame that very perception for YOUR inability to believe the facts the media has presented...

Last edited:
Reactions: sglowrider
Screwed his bosses daughter....or at least watched it happen by a stand in.

Oh, how it could have been so much different....

Tom you know, would have brought Peace in the Middle-East, China Trade, Innovations Galore, $1T Infra Plan of the Century, Opioid Crisis Fixed, and obviously found the cure to the Covid-19 Pandemic by now.

tom-brady-trump-82.jpg

Its a shame we got that Jared Dorian Grey Kushner instead.

alex-vagner-59.jpg

13dc-kushner-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT