ADVERTISEMENT

Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress

Says they have emails and text messages, among other documents. Best of all, Jr and Ivanka involved also.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Says they have emails and text messages, among other documents. Best of all, Jr and Ivanka involved also.

giphy.gif

How can any self respecting elected official stand in support of Trump? I’ve already given up on the Trumpers on this site.

Reactions: MaxCoke
How can any self respecting elected official stand in support of Trump? I’ve already given up on the Trumpers on this site.

There are lots of rumours like with Lindsey. Open secret that he is gay but apparently there is stuff that includes Linsey which is beyond the pale... which explains his big support of Trump now.

I’ve thought that at least once a month for two years. And then we move on. The line of questioning that Klobuchar was directing at Barr makes it seem like she knew this was coming.

Nah....IF this report is true... this actually is something, and something very, very big. If.

Everything before has been a lot of noise (and minor smoke). This ain't that.

Nah....IF this report is true... this actually is something, and something very, very big. If.

I'm imagining Cohen sitting in a committee hearing giving testimony, and saying, "I lied to Congress. Several times. The President instructed me to."

Yeah, it's hard to think of that as a small thing.

Reactions: twenty02

I'm imagining Cohen sitting in a committee hearing giving testimony, and saying, "I lied to Congress. Several times. The President instructed me to."

Yeah, it's hard to think of that as a small thing.
Now Lanny Davis says Cohen is reconsidering testifying, as he is worried about safety of his family.

I’ve thought that at least once a month for two years. And then we move on. The line of questioning that Klobuchar was directing at Barr makes it seem like she knew this was coming.

There’s no doubt she’s either

A) clairvoyant
B) extremely skilled at seeing possibilities
Or
C) she knew a little something about this story

Pretty amazing that they pinned Trump’s pick for VP on one of the eventual impeachment charge. An AG that was likely picked because he has an extreme view of what a president can do, and how far he can go in his duties.

I’m in awe. Very, very well played.

I'm not sure I blame him.

I’m uncomfortable with him testifying, because of the ongoing Mueller probe. There’s no great reason for him to risk crossing up or jeopardizing part of the ongoing probe right now.

Mueller’s got the goods. That’s obvious. And it’ll come out in time. And it’ll be more than enough to get this POS out of office. I just hope they find massive wrongdoing in the transition team, and they take Pence out also.

Imagine how HRC would feel if she was basically cheated out of the presidency, and the first woman president is now... Nancy Pelosi. A la how Gerald Ford ended up in power.

Some heads around here would explode if that happened. Do you think she would pardon Trump if it went down that way? ;)

Reactions: DrHoops and MaxCoke

It’s based on texts/emails/phone calls/etc.

This is exactly what Nixon got impeached for back in the day.

Suborning perjury is serious and I think would could support impeachment if it occurred while Trump was in office. Usually it's the client who wishes to provide perjured testimony and the attorney has the ethical obligation to prevent it. When the attorney gives perjured testimony at the request of the client we have a different kettle of fish. Frankly I can't imagine the kind of inducement Trump would have to provide to any attorney for the attorney to lie under oath. Who said "everybody has their price"? I wonder what inducement Trump provided. I don't know if a simple "ask" is enough to convict. To impeach--maybe. We already know that Cohen is a tax cheat and a liar about matters disconnected from Trump and Cohen has his own ass to save. This is not a good look.

There’s no doubt she’s either

A) clairvoyant
B) extremely skilled at seeing possibilities
Or
C) she knew a little something about this story

Pretty amazing that they pinned Trump’s pick for VP on one of the eventual impeachment charge. An AG that was likely picked because he has an extreme view of what a president can do, and how far he can go in his duties.

I’m in awe. Very, very well played.

The clip in reference to Zeke's comment:

She had a little smirk going on there. Barr had no idea what was going on or about to hit him. You can see Barr's mind ticking over.
Some of those pauses seem pretty indicative of a person trying to figure out why this line of questioning is continuing.

Sen Whitehouse (former US Attorney, former Rhode Island Attorney General), who's been fairly cautious compared to some in the Dem caucus.

And Don Jr. committing perjury to Congress (a felony) is no doubt an underlying crime that was being covered up if the Buzzfeed story is true, at the very least, even if you don't believe "Russia collusion" is proven.

Obviously the story being proven true is a big if.

Reactions: MrBing
There are lots of rumours like with Lindsey. Open secret that he is gay but apparently there is stuff that includes Linsey which is beyond the pale... which explains his big support of Trump now.

Speaking of the Honorable Sen Graham... 14 current GOP Senators who were members of Congress during the Clinton Impeachment voted in some capacity to support Impeachment/Conviction. Among those is our old pal Lindsey,who actually served as a Prosecutor during Clinton's Senate trial. We may soon find out if Lindsey is a hypocrite...

“If you believe he obstructed justice in a civil rights lawsuit, don’t move the bar any more,” Graham implored the senators. “We have moved the bar for this case a thousand times.”

And this may have Corporal Bone Spurs quaking in his orthopedic boots...

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” he said at another point.mpeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...truction-bill-clinton/?utm_term=.ecf74675789b

Sen Whitehouse (former US Attorney, former Rhode Island Attorney General), who's been fairly cautious compared to some in the Dem caucus.

And Don Jr. committing perjury to Congress (a felony) is no doubt an underlying crime that was being covered up if the Buzzfeed story is true, at the very least, even if you don't believe "Russia collusion" is proven.

Obviously the story being proven true is a big if.

We already know that Cohen is a tax cheat and a liar about matters disconnected from Trump and Cohen has his own ass to save. This is not a good look.
*eyeroll* ..

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

One of the Buzzfeed reporters talks to NPR. Says they have other sources that verify their 2 law enforcement sources' story. The 2 sources have directly reviewed the evidence that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress, and this was directly from Trump to Cohen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT