ADVERTISEMENT

Trump at Arlington National yesterday.

She could be telling the truth, or she could be lying or mistaken. We really don't know but it does seem strange they would have invited Biden-Harris given the videos of them trashing Biden which Trump posted. I'm leaning toward mistaken, but we don't know.

Possibly. I'm leaning towards Harris-Biden admin not really wanting to attend since the exit was poorly planned and/or executed and Biden handled the transfer just as poorly. I agree it is odd they would invite the Harris-Biden admin, but maybe they felt it was respectful to ask the C in C.

Possibly. I'm leaning towards Harris-Biden admin not really wanting to attend since the exit was poorly planned and/or executed and Biden handled the transfer just as poorly. I agree it is odd they would invite the Harris-Biden admin, but maybe they felt it was respectful to ask the C in C.
I think the point is that Harris wouldn't even return their calls.

Right, he says it normally. McMaster says he signed an order for immediate withdrawal of ALL forces. There is at least as much proof of that as their is a residual force. Besides, how stupid would it be to release 5000 terrorists and leave behind Americans?
The US didn't release any prisoners. The 5,000 Taliban released were in exchanged for 1,000 Afghans, per agreement with the Afghan government.

"By August 2020, the Afghan government released 5,100 prisoners,[43] and the Taliban released 1,000.[44] However, the Afghan government refused to release 400 prisoners from the list of those the Taliban wanted released, because those 400 were accused of serious crimes.[45] Ghani stated that he did not have the constitutional authority to release these prisoners, so he convened a loya jirga from August 7 to 9 to discuss the issue.[46] The jirga agreed to free the 400 remaining prisoners.[45]"

The US didn't release any prisoners. The 5,000 Taliban released were in exchanged for 1,000 Afghans, per agreement with the Afghan government.

"By August 2020, the Afghan government released 5,100 prisoners,[43] and the Taliban released 1,000.[44] However, the Afghan government refused to release 400 prisoners from the list of those the Taliban wanted released, because those 400 were accused of serious crimes.[45] Ghani stated that he did not have the constitutional authority to release these prisoners, so he convened a loya jirga from August 7 to 9 to discuss the issue.[46] The jirga agreed to free the 400 remaining prisoners.[45]"

The release of 5000 was part of Doha, the US signed off on it in Doha to get the Taliban to negotiate with the Afghan government. Yes, they released the prisoners at terrible by their only significant ally, us.

You’re an exceptionally dishonest poster. A liar. Your own link says the US agreed to releasing the 5,000 Taliban and the Afghan government wasn’t a party to the agreement. The US forced Afghanistan to do it. Hell of a deal your hero negotiated. Hell of a deal.

Last edited:
The release of 5000 was part of Doha, the US signed off on it in Doha to get the Taliban to negotiate with the Afghan government. Yes, they released the prisoners at terrible by their only significant ally, us.
So why the complaints about Trump releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners. It was all part of negotiations. Israel releases Palestinian prisoners all the time.

But I know - much easier to blame Trump for negotiating than to try to justify Biden's inept blundering of the actual withdrawal. It's a nice attempt to deflect, but it's just too obvious what the progressive goal is.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
So why the complaints about Trump releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners. It was all part of negotiations. Israel releases Palestinian prisoners all the time.

But I know - much easier to blame Trump for negotiating than to try to justify Biden's inept blundering of the actual withdrawal. It's a nice attempt to deflect, but it's just too obvious what the progressive goal is.
Wait, all this time you guys say "we don't negotiate with terrorists" you guys are lying? Imagine if Biden released 5000 Iranians.

But here is the main point, why release 5000 enemy if you plan on keeping a SMALL American force behind. We were around 2000 left when Biden took office, so any more leaving and it would be a small force. And part of our agreement was to stop aerial bombing, which we had to the chagrin of the Afghan government.

So we were going to leave a token force behind without flying attack missions and increasing the number of enemy? Is that really your argument of what Trump's brilliant plan was?

Reactions: Bowlmania
Wait, all this time you guys say "we don't negotiate with terrorists" you guys are lying? Imagine if Biden released 5000 Iranians.

But here is the main point, why release 5000 enemy if you plan on keeping a SMALL American force behind. We were around 2000 left when Biden took office, so any more leaving and it would be a small force. And part of our agreement was to stop aerial bombing, which we had to the chagrin of the Afghan government.

So we were going to leave a token force behind without flying attack missions and increasing the number of enemy? Is that really your argument of what Trump's brilliant plan was?
A token force that would maintain an Air Base and provide Intel to the Afghans and provide moral support, yes. A sign that we weren't just cutting and running and leaving the Afghans alone. And not leave billions of dollars worth of material for the Taliban to use or resell on the open arms market.

Yes, that sounds like a pretty sound plan to me.

It amuses me that someone who had no problem flying planeloads of actual cash to Tehran is now criticizing peace negotiations with the Taliban. Truly amazing.

A token force that would maintain an Air Base and provide Intel to the Afghans and provide moral support, yes. A sign that we weren't just cutting and running and leaving the Afghans alone. And not leave billions of dollars worth of material for the Taliban to use or resell on the open arms market.

It amuses me that someone who had no problem flying planeloads of actual cash to Tehran is now criticizing peace negotiations with the Taliban. Truly amazing.
Whose plan was that? Not Trump’s. Why continue to lie?

You are willfully ignoring the point, I don't care that we negotiated with the Taliban, just it is a simple fact that if we intended to leave targets behind it was stupid to increase their size by 5000. If we were planning on leaving entirely, and McMaster says orders were signed and rescinded to leave in entirely before Trump left office, then it made no difference. They would be out anyway

There is no possible way Trump planned to release 5000 enemy combatants AND leave US targets in country or Trump is even stupider than I think. That is what we would be, targets. Beirut barracks part 2.

He planned to leave entirely. Find me one single quote of a residual force before Jan 20, 2021. Just one. Releasing 5000 is proof he wanted out. I have no real complaints on that as long as we're getting out.

You are willfully ignoring the point, I don't care that we negotiated with the Taliban, just it is a simple fact that if we intended to leave targets behind it was stupid to increase their size by 5000. If we were planning on leaving entirely, and McMaster says orders were signed and rescinded to leave in entirely before Trump left office, then it made no difference. They would be out anyway

There is no possible way Trump planned to release 5000 enemy combatants AND leave US targets in country or Trump is even stupider than I think. That is what we would be, targets. Beirut barracks part 2.

He planned to leave entirely. Find me one single quote of a residual force before Jan 20, 2021. Just one. Releasing 5000 is proof he wanted out. I have no real complaints on that as long as we're getting out.
Your logic is bizarre. Trump wouldn't leave troops there because 5,000 prisoners were released? You know the Taliban numbered far more than 5,000, right? But that has nothing to do with the fact he wanted to keep troops there for the reasons I posted. You just totally ignored those reasons, which is why I know you're being disingenuous here.

Trump didn't discuss his plans with me - evidently didn't even discuss it with the Afghan government. But again, what difference does it make when Biden was the one who fvcked up the withdrawal? You're just trying to post about Trump so you don't have to defend Biden and Harris.

Reactions: ulrey
Your logic is bizarre. Trump wouldn't leave troops there because 5,000 prisoners were released? You know the Taliban numbered far more than 5,000, right? But that has nothing to do with the fact he wanted to keep troops there for the reasons I posted. You just totally ignored those reasons, which is why I know you're being disingenuous here.

Trump didn't discuss his plans with me - evidently didn't even discuss it with the Afghan government. But again, what difference does it make when Biden was the one who fvcked up the withdrawal? You're just trying to post about Trump so you don't have to defend Biden and Harris.
So you just admitted you don’t have any idea what Trump’s plan was or if he even had a plan. You continue to lie about this nonexistent plan. You are a shameless liar.

Reactions: BCCHoosier

What the hell are you talking about about, read the thread, I said Biden screwed up. The withdrawal was done poorly. My self esteem is not dependent on Biden or Harris being perfect.

And if you go back over the years I have credited Trump for the plan the withdraw. Assuming he really meant to leave, it was a good idea and he deserves credit. Afghanistan is where empires go to die. We cannot nation build there, we could not find a good partner after OBL killed the one good leader in the entire country. Why on earth would Trump want to stay? Why would he sign a treaty effectively ending bombing missions and guaranteeing full withdrawal if he planned to stay and leave a token force behind? What good are planes not flying ground attack in that environment? He always planned on leaving, once he saw what Biden screwed up with he invented the token force. That is why there is no record of him saying it before. It is the only thing that makes sense. He planned to leave.

Biden should have thrown that air bombing part out the window and held onto Bagram. But he didn't and that is on him.

If Trump's plan was to fully leave as I believe, kudos to him. If he really planned to have Khe Sanh or Diem Bien Phu sitting there, he was quite stupid. Neither of those battles went well for the West even with massive air superiority. 1000 troops in Bagram surrounded by Taliban and ISIL would not have gone better

We planned to leave and knew either the Taliban or ISIL would win. We wanted the slightly less crazy side to win. As bad as the Taliban are, they are better than ISIL.

I heard on the news today that Harris was invited to this memorial. She never responded and did not show. So people are upset Trumps people took some pictures? My understanding is the familes of the fallen are not upset with DJT or his people.

The families are ticked there wasn't more coverage from the press. So they are not upset about pictures so why should anyone else?
There are 3 of the 13 killed at Abby Gate buried at Arlington. Three families do not have the right to grant permission for Trump to film in section 60, esp when other headstones are visible...

It was not their choice to make, and according to multiple reports Trump's CAMPAIGN STAFF was warned that photos are off limits in Sec 60. It violates Arlington policy, and also FEDERAL law...

Now if Trump was there as just another invited guest, then why was his CAMPAIGN STAFF involved? That automatically makes it political, which is prohibited...

When Hoover's family posed with Trump and Trump gave his goofy thumbs up, the grave stone of GB MSG Andrew Markesano was visible in the picture...His family did not give Trump permission to film, and they were not happy...

This Gold Star widow, who was a Marine herself, is also not happy with Trump's behavior. It is also the 2nd incident where she has taken exception with Trump's actions...

Reactions: ulrey
What is the line between political purposes and apolitical purposes. Is media of a President at Arlington not inherently political.

I’ve seen no proof either way that Joe was in section 60 when these were taken.

Seems like whether you think he was or not depends on your politics.

Seems like semantics to me though.

Joe clearly used ANC for political purposes, which seems to be what set a lot of people off in this thread.

I’ve seen no proof either way that Joe was in section 60 when these were taken.

Seems like whether you think he was or not depends on your politics.

Seems like semantics to me though.

Joe clearly used ANC for political purposes, which seems to be what set a lot of people off in this thread.
What section he's in seems kind of irrelevant to me. Bottom line is, he used video footage from his time in Arlington for campaign purposes.

I agree neither should do it, but both sides have done it. Just facts.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
What section he's in seems kind of irrelevant to me. Bottom line is, he used video footage from his time in Arlington for campaign purposes.

I agree neither should do it, but both sides have done it. Just facts.
Both Biden and Trump are draft dodging PsOS.

Both played sports with their medical conditions, and football was a sport both played which may explain a lot for both as far as hits to the head. I'm amazed that either's condition was fine for football in an era when coaches were a bit more sadistic, er, tougher, and suddenly they weren't fine for the military. So I think you have a good point.

I don't care for the term 'piece of shit' applied to humans, even though I've done it myself. To some, it may apply (like my ex-brother-in-law who left my sister when she was pregnant..... but I digress).

Dodging the draft doesn't make either one any different than millions of men of that era. I don't agree with it - never did. But that's why the lottery was implemented.

Too many people were fooling (or pretending to fool) their draft boards. The lottery took that away. And there was a huge clamor to end the war because of it. Anyone with money or connections could get out of the draft - not so with the lottery. I remember guys literally crying when they drew a low number.

I don't care for the term 'piece of shit' applied to humans, even though I've done it myself. To some, it may apply (like my ex-brother-in-law who left my sister when she was pregnant..... but I digress).

Dodging the draft doesn't make either one any different than millions of men of that era. I don't agree with it - never did. But that's why the lottery was implemented.

Too many people were fooling (or pretending to fool) their draft boards. The lottery took that away. And there was a huge clamor to end the war because of it. Anyone with money or connections could get out of the draft - not so with the lottery. I remember guys literally crying when they drew a low number.
WRONG! The lottery did not end deferments or medical disqualifications. Why do you insist in pulling things straight out of your bunghole. If you’re clueless just say you’re clueless or STFU.

Reactions: baileyiu
Not your best effort.... Your game has slipped since your return. Takes a while to knock the rust off being on the bench so long.
Can you answer the question, though? Rather the question was a good effort or not, doesnt change the validity of it.

Are you OK with non-citizens voting? Its a yes or no question---No essay needed.

WRONG! The lottery did not end deferments or medical disqualifications. Why do you insist in pulling things straight out of your bunghole. If you’re clueless just say you’re clueless or STFU.
Exactly, Trump would have been in the lottery and he got a "medical exemption". Money bought his way out.

Can you answer the question, though? Rather the question was a good effort or not, doesnt change the validity of it.

Are you OK with non-citizens voting? Its a yes or no question---No essay needed.
No who is?

Bro if Biden/Harris done this----they'd be applauded for their unconditioned loved of service members who have lost their life.

Such a one-way street here.
Someone mentioned that they put pictures on X. I don't know how the law deals with online actions like this. Is this really a campaign ad? Also did Trump's official X account put this up? See, I don't have X and can't answer these questions. To your point if Trump had received money through his sons from China and Ukraine then the press would be very upset with him. Biden did it and you can hear the crickets.

Someone mentioned that they put pictures on X. I don't know how the law deals with online actions like this. Is this really a campaign ad? Also did Trump's official X account put this up? See, I don't have X and can't answer these questions. To your point if Trump had received money through his sons from China and Ukraine then the press would be very upset with him. Biden did it and you can hear the crickets.
Pastor I don’t have x either. But I think you should get it. You need to be up to speed with parishioners so you don’t sound out of it to the next Gen at your church. Sure they hear your wisdom but you still have to relate.
You should see the church my minion goes to. It’s horrible. They have a band and food and people smile and laugh and joke. No 40 lb kids carrying 80 pound crosses doing the stations. I think you have to keep one eye on the oldies who favor the traditions and one eye on what these other churches that appeal to the millennials and Gen. Z are doing.

It’s something we should be spitballing about more on here

Excellent! Mike Johnson is attaching the SAVE act to the next funding bill. If no one is in favor or illegals voting there should be no objections from Democrats.

It came up that undocumented can use drivers licenses to vote. It appears in no state can an undocumented legally get a REAL ID drivers license. And the non-REAL ID license is stamped something like "Not valid for federal identification, voting, or federal public benefits purposes." You can see what states put on non-Real ID licenses at:

In fact, it is required by the REAL ID Act:

(11) In any case in which the State issues a driver's license or identification card that does not satisfy the requirements of this section, ensure that such license or identification card-- (A) clearly states on its face that it may not be accepted by any Federal agency for federal identification or any other official purpose; and (B) uses a unique design or color indicator to alert Federal agency and other law enforcement personnel that it may not be accepted for any such purpose.

In other words, isn't the problem sort of taken care of? If there are screw ups and non-legal documents are allowed through the gatekeeper, why would another law change that? If the Washington state voter registration already cannot legally accept a non-REAL ID license and they do, what difference will SAVE make?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It came up that undocumented can use drivers licenses to vote. It appears in no state can an undocumented legally get a REAL ID drivers license. And the non-REAL ID license is stamped something like "Not valid for federal identification, voting, or federal public benefits purposes." You can see what states put on non-Real ID licenses at:

In fact, it is required by the REAL ID Act:

(11) In any case in which the State issues a driver's license or identification card that does not satisfy the requirements of this section, ensure that such license or identification card-- (A) clearly states on its face that it may not be accepted by any Federal agency for federal identification or any other official purpose; and (B) uses a unique design or color indicator to alert Federal agency and other law enforcement personnel that it may not be accepted for any such purpose.

In other words, isn't the problem sort of taken care of? If there are screw ups and non-legal documents are allowed through the gatekeeper, why would another law change that? If the Washington state voter registration already cannot legally accept a non-REAL ID license and they do, what difference will SAVE make?
Yeah but this bill brings some teeth to punish those who register people to vote without Federal identification. Which is good. Clearly people have been accepting drivers licenses in some states as evidenced by the 7K undocumented just purged in Virginia.

Democrat election officials shouldn’t worry though as they aren’t registering without proof of citizenship.

Also ends same day registration. Good piece of legislation.

Yeah but this bill brings some teeth to punish those who register people to vote without Federal identification. Which is good. Clearly people have been accepting drivers licenses in some states as evidenced by the 7K undocumented just purged in Virginia.

Democrat election officials shouldn’t worry though as they aren’t registering without proof of citizenship.

Also ends same day registration. Good piece of legislation.
We don't know how many of those 6303 are undocumented. Just as someone can screw up paperwork and register someone without proper documentation, paperwork screw-ups can flag someone who is an American citizen as a non-citizen. So we don't know how many were undocumented.

Undocumented voting illegally already face up to 1 year in prison, a fine, and deportation. When we can't get Americans to show up and vote with no penalty, I'm not sure why any undocumented would show up and risk any of that when, as we know, the odds of their one vote meaning anything is near zero.

Excellent! Mike Johnson is attaching the SAVE act to the next funding bill. If no one is in favor or illegals voting there should be no objections from Democrats.

That's nice. He's attaching it to a CR that won't pass as Republicans can't pass bills in the House.

AS did Biden....
Bro if Biden/Harris done this----they'd be applauded for their unconditioned loved of service members who have lost their life.

Such a one-way street here.
So let's look at your apples to oranges comparison...

I watched both of the videos which claimed Biden was "campaigning". No sound, no attack on his predecessor...Just the sitting POTUS walking thru ANC on probably Veteran's Day or Memorial Day, respectfully laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I couldn't read a single name on a tombstone as Biden is walking, and as Biden stands reverantly he is flanked by General Austin. It's very solemn in line wih his official duties...

Trump took members of his campaign staff, yet he has no official capacity to act as a head of government. The family said they have performed the ceremony for 3 years, and all of a sudden they just decided to "invite" Trump in year 3? Why not years 1 and 2? And what about all the military personnel who died from 2017-2020? There were 65 of them, 45 of them from Afghanistan alone. Why were these 3 lone internees more special that the 65 who died under Trump?

I know the claim from the MAGA MIL says that Biden and Harris were "invited". But check out this tweet from another relative from one of the other soldiers. He's criticizing Biden, which is to be expected, just as some of the 65 who died from 2017-2020 would blame Trump and criticize him. But read what he actually says, where (and why) he says Biden and Harris were not called...

The WH says Biden/Harris weren't invited and this guy seems to unintentionally confirm that version of events. The MAGA MIL claims differently, so it appears someone is lying. We know that other families of buried heroes (some of whom died under Trump) were not happy, and no one consulted them about their loved ones being used as political pawns. There are only 3 servicemembers who died under Biden buried at ANC, and many more who died under Trump whose families did not approve of the photo op. And again, where are the accounts of Trump attending in years 1 and 2?

I think Adam Kinzinger nailed why people found Trump's politicing so distatseful...

So let's look at your apples to oranges comparison...

I watched both of the videos which claimed Biden was "campaigning". No sound, no attack on his predecessor...Just the sitting POTUS walking thru ANC on probably Veteran's Day or Memorial Day, respectfully laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I couldn't read a single name on a tombstone as Biden is walking, and as Biden stands reverantly he is flanked by General Austin. It's very solemn in line wih his official duties...

Trump took members of his campaign staff, yet he has no official capacity to act as a head of government. The family said they have performed the ceremony for 3 years, and all of a sudden they just decided to "invite" Trump in year 3? Why not years 1 and 2? And what about all the military personnel who died from 2017-2020? There were 65 of them, 45 of them from Afghanistan alone. Why were these 3 lone internees more special that the 65 who died under Trump?

I know the claim from the MAGA MIL says that Biden and Harris were "invited". But check out this tweet from another relative from one of the other soldiers. He's criticizing Biden, which is to be expected, just as some of the 65 who died from 2017-2020 would blame Trump and criticize him. But read what he actually says, where (and why) he says Biden and Harris were not called...

The WH says Biden/Harris weren't invited and this guy seems to unintentionally confirm that version of events. The MAGA MIL claims differently, so it appears someone is lying. We know that other families of buried heroes (some of whom died under Trump) were not happy, and no one consulted them about their loved ones being used as political pawns. There are only 3 servicemembers who died under Biden buried at ANC, and many more who died under Trump whose families did not approve of the photo op. And again, where are the accounts of Trump attending in years 1 and 2?

I think Adam Kinzinger nailed why people found Trump's politicing so distatseful...

Biden used the photo, the moment, in a campaign ad----How he done it---respectful, or not---he still done it. Being respectful, nice, doesnt excuse he still done it.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT