ADVERTISEMENT

$4.50 for a dozen eggs here in rural Kentucky

The working class will be in the food stamp line with these inflated prices.

Fvck you, Kamala and go IU football!
it really is crazy. i have an 8th grader. her and her crew are at the point to where they can go walk to our little downtown. grab lunch and an ice cream or starbucks. you can't give a kid a $20 anymore. it doesn't buy shit. now you have to at least give them $30 and that is literally just lunch and an ice cream. shopping, the mall, whole different ballgame.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 76-1, DANC and td75

Nice try. Eggs are so high mainly because of bird flu that started in 2022 and significantly reduced egg supply.

Nice try. Eggs are so high mainly because of bird flu that started in 2022 and significantly reduced egg supply.

look at 2022. and man those trump years were fantastic pre pandemic. really want to see something nutty look at the 70s

Unreal....Eggs here(So Indiana), at $3.79. Went to day, and bought this...

8 TV meals(4-$10)
Creamer
Coffee
Eggs
Waffles
French toast sticks
breakfast bars(10 pack)
2 , 12 packs of coke
Sugar
Grapes
Banana's
2 boxes of ceral

$93.48-----AFTER Kroger discount card; was $118.73

For The People Yes GIF by Kamala Harris

8 TV meals(4-$10)
Creamer
Coffee
Eggs
Waffles
French toast sticks
breakfast bars(10 pack)
2 , 12 packs of coke
Sugar
Grapes
Banana's
2 boxes of ceral

Bananas
Grapes
Hawaii rolls
Charcoal
2 New York strip
3lbs ground beef
74 dollars this morning

Bananas
Grapes
Hawaii rolls
Charcoal
2 New York strip
3lbs ground beef
74 dollars this morning
I didnt include gas----which wasnt that bad since i had 50 cent off....Still cost me $46 to fill up. @$2.28 per gallom. Again, that was with 50-cents off.

Grocery prices are absurd. They just are. Cereal at $7? Pack of lunch meat $5-7? Milk at $2.28 Grapes at $2 per pound....tomatoes at $1.99...

I mean it literally cost you $30 to make a simple fukin ham, cheese and tomato sammy...

Reactions: jet812 and ulrey
I didnt include gas----which wasnt that bad since i had 50 cent off....Still cost me $46 to fill up. @$2.28 per gallom. Again, that was with 50-cents off.

Grocery prices are absurd. They just are. Cereal at $7? Pack of lunch meat $5-7? Milk at $2.28 Grapes at $2 per pound....tomatoes at $1.99...

I mean it literally cost you $30 to make a simple fukin ham, cheese and tomato sammy...
This is Kamala Harris’ America

Publix doesn't list prices online that aren't in the flyer, and delivery prices are higher. I did look on Door Dash and I can get a dozen delivered for $2.57.
Eggs at $1.99 is bad....Eggs at $2.57 is ridiculous..

This has to change....And tbh, I'm not sure either candidate has a plan that will accomplish this.

Both suck

Reactions: ulrey
$2 from the farmer down the street. Better than store bought and last longer. He sells great produce and freezer beef too. Better prices and better quality than the store.

We want prices to go down? No politician is going to help, including Dip Shit Don. Start telling the big box stores to go f-ck themselves and find different means.

Reactions: Spartans9312
$2 from the farmer down the street. Better than store bought and last longer. He sells great produce and freezer beef too. Better prices and better quality than the store.

We want prices to go down? No politician is going to help, including Dip Shit Don. Start telling the big box stores to go f-ck themselves and find different means.
Not everyone has a "farmer down the street".

And don’t vote for progressives

Not everyone has a "farmer down the street".
If you live anywhere in the Midwest than you are not terribly far from a local person, farm stand, farmers market, ECT. You're in Borden? You have dozens probably.

However, My point was larger and not dismissive of high prices at the grocery store at all.

If you live anywhere in the Midwest than you are not terribly far from a local person, farm stand, farmers market, ECT. You're in Borden? You have dozens probably.

However, My point was larger and not dismissive of high prices at the grocery store at all.
Bitch that Fing farm stand doesn’t have edy’s, fruit loops, frozen pizzas, Starbucks, and all the rest. Not going through all that for a tomato like we’re living in the depression. Just don’t vote for progressive Covid lunatics and we can go back to normal

*best frozen pizza would be a good thread. They’re all pretty bad

8 TV meals(4-$10)
Creamer
Coffee
Eggs
Waffles
French toast sticks
breakfast bars(10 pack)
2 , 12 packs of coke
Sugar
Grapes
Banana's
2 boxes of ceral

You spent $20 on ****ing TV dinners. Learn how to cook some chicken thighs instead of all that processed food shit you bought. Your Coke and your shitty TV dinners probably cost 40 bucks at least. Drink some water. Brew some tea.

You spent $20 on ****ing TV dinners. Learn how to cook some chicken thighs instead of all that processed food shit you bought. Your Coke and your shitty TV dinners probably cost 40 bucks at least. Drink some water. Brew some tea.
Your handle is processed food shit! It is incredible how easy it is to fall into lazy processed shit tho. Whole Foods and a place called straubs does most of my meals (as you know they have everything) but fck sometimes it’s just easier to nuke something out of a box

Dive Brief:

• Egg prices are back on the rise as a devastating bird flu outbreak and swelling consumer demand eats into supply.
  • Wholesale egg prices surpassed about $3 per dozen in August, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, up from the usual $1 to $2 range. Retail egg prices were up 19% in August compared to last year, according to the latest Consumer Price Index data, while the broader grocery category increased only 1%.
  • Marc Dresner, director of communications for the American Egg Board, said highly pathogenic avian influenza, or bird flu, has forced egg supplies to be “less robust than normal.” At the same time, U.S. sales have jumped to levels not seen since the pandemic.

• Haha
Healthy choice meals-----for my wife..

Processed food, then tells me to make chicken thighs. The Healthy Choice meals are 10x better for her than chicken from Kroger, and its 110 different chemicals.

Have plenty of water.....And tea.

But thanks.

Healthy choice meals-----for my wife..

Processed food, then tells me to make chicken thighs. The Healthy Choice meals are 10x better for her than chicken from Kroger, and its 110 different chemicals.

Have plenty of water.....And tea.

But thanks.
I know boxes of rocks that are smarter than you

Your handle is processed food shit! It is incredible how easy it is to fall into lazy processed shit tho. Whole Foods and a place called straubs does most of my meals (as you know they have everything) but fck sometimes it’s just easier to nuke something out of a box
When both of us work 40+ hours a week.....then have our grandson on weekends----Not usually a lot of time to make a nice dinner; although we do try and have one night a week where we cook.

PLus, she likes the healthy choice meals---and its an easy fix----and an easy lunch.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT