ADVERTISEMENT

Trump at Arlington National yesterday.

What does that have to do with the actions of the Harris-Biden admin that I discussed?

Rib, in reviewing your posts in this thread now realize you believe Biden and Harris declined an invitation to join in the Arlington ceremony.

Welcome any evidence they were invited.

I know the drill, people like Mark Milley are liars

McMaster wondered why we negotiated a withdrawal and didn't just leave as Obama did in Iraq. Yet in Trump's negotiation we forced the Afghan government to release 5000 terrorists. I can imagine everyone's reaction if a Democrat ordered 5000 terrorists released.

If McMaster said we 'just left' Iraq, he's lying. We still have troops there.

Milley did not follow Trump's orders to pull out earlier. He should be court-martialed for that, but in your link he said we were pulling out too quickly. Look what he said on the 2 year anniversary of Abbey Gate. If he's not lying, what is it?

"Raddatz circled back to McKenzie's comments that it was a mistake not to evacuate more quickly.

"Do you agree with that?" she asked.

"Yeah, I agree with that," Milley answered.

"So that was a mistake," Raddatz pressed.

He said, "I think as you look back on it, I think that some decisions with respect to moving the embassy and Department of State could have been made a little earlier."

If McMaster said we 'just left' Iraq, he's lying. We still have troops there.

Milley did not follow Trump's orders to pull out earlier. He should be court-martialed for that, but in your link he said we were pulling out too quickly. Look what he said on the 2 year anniversary of Abbey Gate. If he's not lying, what is it?

"Raddatz circled back to McKenzie's comments that it was a mistake not to evacuate more quickly.

"Do you agree with that?" she asked.

"Yeah, I agree with that," Milley answered.

"So that was a mistake," Raddatz pressed.

He said, "I think as you look back on it, I think that some decisions with respect to moving the embassy and Department of State could have been made a little earlier."

He was not lying. We withdrew all US troops from Iraq in 2011. I said at the time that it was a mistake and we would have to go back in. That's exactly what happened. Because of the rise of ISIL we put troops back in, along with those of other countries, to defeat ISIL. Which we did.

Tip to the board - when DANC says someone is lying it's a near certainty that DANC is lying,

Last edited:
This story is all anyone needs to say about Trump and the military:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...disparaged-us-service-members-vete-rcna118543

John Kelly, whose son is buried in Arlington:

Trump privately made damning statements against U.S. service members and veterans, such as the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who had been a Vietnam prisoner of war, and former President George H.W. Bush, who was shot down as a Navy pilot in World War II. During a visit to France in 2018 for the centennial anniversary of the end of World War I, Trump also reportedly called Marines who died at Belleau Wood “suckers” and fallen soldiers at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery “losers.”

Kelly also slammed Trump as someone "who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women. A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about."

He continued, “A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason — in expectation that someone will take action,” an apparent reference to Trump's recent statements about Army Gen. Mark Milley, who just retired as the chairman of the Joints Chief of Staff. “A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly added. “God help us.”
Well said

Rib, in reviewing your posts in this thread now realize you believe Biden and Harris declined an invitation to join in the Arlington ceremony.

Welcome any evidence they were invited.

I posted a video, actually in response to you I think, of a family member stating they were invited. Is she lying?

What kind of sociopath stands behind a grave at Arlington with a big goofy smile and a thumbs up sign?

Same type that checks his watch twice at a military transfer.

And if you read what the families have said, they wanted this to be a celebration of their children filled with joy. Not defending Trump but that’s what the families said just to put it into context.

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
Nobody cares there were 45 soldiers lost in Afghanistan during the Trump administration? Or are you just a political hack?

Using casualty counts for political purposes if the lowest form of life.
There were no US troops killed by the Taliban for 18 months after Trump negotiated our withdrawal. Of course troops were killed when fighting was going on.

Biden lost 13 on the way out.

If you can't see the difference, you can't be helped.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Biden screwed up, that isn't hard to say. DANC said that Trump had a great plan. Yet no plan exists. Trump signed the orders to get out immediately when he lost. He did not have a plan.

AND he released 5000 Taliban the Afghans held prisoner. Somehow you missed saying that was a F@%! up. Do you suspect none of those 5000 gave any assistance to the attack?
That's bullshit, Marvin. Trump always said we'd have a residual force left to guard the Kandahar Air Base.

You're listening to Trump hating sources.

He is right in that many families will blame the president. My brother was mentally messed up in Vietnam, damn straight I blame Johnson. So I get why it isn't necessarily front page news, sort of dog bites man thing. But it is news, and certainly Trump is free to film their comments and use them in a commercial.

I don't recall the 83 Beirut bombing families being all over the news one year later before the 84 election. I would bet many blamed Reagan. The bombing happened Oct 23, 1983. If the families held events on Oct 23, 1984, they would have been covered in the paper on the 24th. Below is the NYT site map, it lists the various article titled that day. I do not see Beirut.

Americans tend to move on from events that don't strike directly at us. 9/11 involved everyone, it was remembered a loooonnggg time. Beirut, Abbey Gate, those are terrible in the moment, then the non-family moves on. I hear a lot of families of school shooting victims complain about that.
The lack of response to the 1983 Beirut Marine barracks bombing was shameful.

There should be a national day of recognition for it. But you know the reason it's not on the news - no one likes to be reminded that terrorists funded by Iran were responsible for it. For some reason, this country refuses to stand up to Iran. I honestly don't get it.

Reactions: IUINSB
That's bullshit, Marvin. Trump always said we'd have a residual force left to guard the Kandahar Air Base.

Link it. You have a seriously bad habit of saying things that you wish were true about Trump but isn't true. In other words, you're a serial liar and I'll consider this another example unless you've link proof. I can't find anything other than Trump negotiated a COMPLETE withdrawal and Pence claiming that the Trump administration wouldn't have botched it (wishful thinking, like yours).

I posted a video, actually in response to you I think, of a family member stating they were invited. Is she lying?
She could be telling the truth, or she could be lying or mistaken. We really don't know but it does seem strange they would have invited Biden-Harris given the videos of them trashing Biden which Trump posted. I'm leaning toward mistaken, but we don't know.

You really do not understand what the problem is here. You don’t want to know the actual truth. Pastors should care about the truth. Why don’t you?
So what is your main problem with what Trump did? He spent two hours with grieving families and was given permission to take pictures. The families were good with this. So why are you upset about it? Please explain.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Link it. You have a seriously bad habit of saying things that you wish were true about Trump but isn't true. In other words, you're a serial liar and I'll consider this another example unless you've link proof. I can't find anything other than Trump negotiated a COMPLETE withdrawal and Pence claiming that the Trump administration wouldn't have botched it (wishful thinking, like yours).
He’s been saying that recently on the campaign trail. That a residual force would have maintained Bagram.

I don’t know if he said it while President.

That would be an awfully awkward situation to have soldiers sitting a Bagram while the Taliban swept back across the country.

Or maybe that force would continue acting as advisers to the Afghan military in which case it’s not much of a withdrawal or end to the war at all.

Here's the Doha agreement. Clearly states removal of all troops from all bases within 14 months.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
So what is your main problem with what Trump did? He spent two hours with grieving families and was given permission to take pictures. The families were good with this. So why are you upset about it? Please explain.
I'm not upset about it. It bothers me that you keep getting the issue wrong. Why is that? Please explain. Is it willful or are you just ignorant. It pretty much has to be one of those two.

He’s been saying that recently on the campaign trail. That a residual force would have maintained Bagram.

That would be an awfully awkward situation to have soldiers sitting a Bagram while the Taliban swept back across the country.

Or maybe that force would continue acting as advisers to the Afghan military in which case it’s not much of a withdrawal or end to the war at all.
That's who I figured DANC got it from. I wanted DANC to admit it. He always believes everything Trump says and repeats it as fact. Trump is revising history and not for the first time or the last time. It would have been smart to maintain a safe haven until the last American, Afghan (interpreters - I hope the two who helped us in 2011 got out) and finally, the military withdrew.

Reactions: Digressions

He lies and makes shit up and his supporters just parrot it as truth.

Yes, maintaining a residual force to help keep the Afghan military maintain some order. When they saw all our troops bugging out, they quit.

I'd add that JD didn't ever see combat. He was in communications. Not saying there's anything wrong with his service, but he likes to pretend he was on the front lines when that is the farthest thing from the truth.

Alexander Vindman, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, wrote on X, formerly Twitter: "Vance enlisted & served 4 yrs, including 6 months in Iraq in 2005 as a reporter w/ a Public Affairs section of a Marine Aircraft Wing.
And yet, people in his unit were killed.

You go to a combat zone and then you can criticize anyone else who was there.

Stop disparaging honorable service.

Where do you moonbat twinks work out? Do you practice your wingnut schtick in front of the mirror while curling five Lb dumbbells?
Lesbians-Getting-Ready-for-Valentin0665394431499687433.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
I'm not upset about it. It bothers me that you keep getting the issue wrong. Why is that? Please explain. Is it willful or are you just ignorant. It pretty much has to be one of those two.
You said you didn't have a problem with it. The families invited Trump and wanted to take pictures with him. So what is wrong with the issue. I am not sure you get it either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
He lies and makes shit up and his supporters just parrot it as truth.
Come on man. Harris supporters are doing the same thing. It happens every election by both parties.

It’s just how it is. Harris is lying every time she flip flops and says she’s not flip flopping.

Vance faced the flip flop on his feelings on Trump head on.

You said you didn't have a problem with it. The families invited Trump and wanted to take pictures with him. So what is wrong with the issue. I am not sure you get it either.
It is the part about making it a campaign ad. And having a goofy smile with a thumbs up sign at a cemetery. The pic wasn't in front of Magic Kingdom.

You can't be this obtuse without it being on purpose.

I'm trying to be nice to you, but you're being extremely obtuse or disingenuous and I don't want to call a Pastor a liar. I'd like to think you're just ignorant. You have proven ignorant (not an insult) about tons of issues on this forum.

There are no problems with taking pictures with and for the family. However, it's not permitted to film in Area 60, and it's not permitted (it's a violation of the law) to film for campaign ads anywhere. Area 60 is where the recently interred are. Pictures for family OK. Filming for campaign ads is NOT OK. And make no mistake, that's exactly what they did, and they've released those ads on Tik Tok - probably elsewhere too, but I've not seen them. If you don't understand this, there is no hope for you, and I don't want to see a response.

Last edited:
Right, he says it normally. McMaster says he signed an order for immediate withdrawal of ALL forces. There is at least as much proof of that as their is a residual force. Besides, how stupid would it be to release 5000 terrorists and leave behind Americans?

Come on man. Harris supporters are doing the same thing. It happens every election by both parties.

It’s just how it is. Harris is lying every time she flip flops and says she’s not flip flopping.

Vance faced the flip flop on his feelings on Trump head on.

I'm well aware of that. It's no excuse for people on here to be repeating the lies.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yes, maintaining a residual force to help keep the Afghan military maintain some order. When they saw all our troops bugging out, they quit.
Which was not in an official plan. All you got is Trump revising history. You're lying by repeating lies - not for the first time and not for the last. You cannot be rehabilitated.

I noticed that you've repeatedly ignored the fact that Trump had 5,000 Taliban prisoners released. He's one hell of a negotiator, isn't he?

Reactions: UncleMark
Can't find this anywhere except a couple of wingnut sites. I'll wait for the real story. The idea that Trump would do something about it is just you thinking your Lord T is omnipotent.
Two people from the USS Wasp were attacked in Istanbul. Not yet clear if they were Marines, Sailors, or one of each. They were rescued from the crowd (youth members of opposition party) and 15 people were arrested. Don't know if the US personnel were injured or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT