ADVERTISEMENT

Trivia question about firings...

IUcolorado

Freshman
Sep 23, 2016
How many D1 programs in the last 20 yrs have fired both the football and basketball coach in the same year? The B10? I really dont have the answer.

Glass has either made some slick moves...or we just fell off the cliff. Too early to tell, but man his job is on the line now, if it wasnt already.

Up until now I believe Glass has done a good job running the complete department. But our two cash cows just received shock treatment. I sure hope he has a plan.

I agree that this is a huge moment for Glass but the Wilson firing was a no-brainer. When you have multi allegations of abuse of injured players, you simply can't mess with that. Not saying any of those allegations had merit but we've seen what happens when other universities sweep those kinds of allegations under the rug. And since IU football isn't a top tier program, it didn't make sense to ignore them and keep Wilson. I do love the fact that Glass said resources will not keep them from getting the guy they want. I read that as they are backing up the Brinks truck to get either Donovan or Stevens. That's what we should have done when Knight was fired instead of trying to be politically correct.

I agree that this is a huge moment for Glass but the Wilson firing was a no-brainer. When you have multi allegations of abuse of injured players, you simply can't mess with that. Not saying any of those allegations had merit but we've seen what happens when other universities sweep those kinds of allegations under the rug. And since IU football isn't a top tier program, it didn't make sense to ignore them and keep Wilson. I do love the fact that Glass said resources will not keep them from getting the guy they want. I read that as they are backing up the Brinks truck to get either Donovan or Stevens. That's what we should have done when Knight was fired instead of trying to be politically correct.
The football firing remains highly questionable. IU didn't try to sweep anything under the rug. Allegations were investigated. Twice. By a law firm. And they concluded no such abuse occurred. Both times. Have heard from several people that Wilson questioned Glass's commitment to the program enough that he was happy to take the cash and get away.

The football firing remains highly questionable. IU didn't try to sweep anything under the rug. Allegations were investigated. Twice. By a law firm. And they concluded no such abuse occurred. Both times. Have heard from several people that Wilson questioned Glass's commitment to the program enough that he was happy to take the cash and get away.

You might be right but a coach that never had a winning record in the 6 seasons isn't worth risking lawsuits over.

It's not questionable at all. Wilson opened up the university to lawsuits, had a drinking issue, other personal issues, and yet Glass tried to help him out for 6 years. Eventually you can't keep that crap up. We've got Outside the Lines snooping around now because of him. And I liked the guy, but you can't pull that crap, especially when you peak at 6-7. Allen will do fine. At the very least, he clearly knows his Xs and Os and can coach up 3 star talent. You don't take two separate defenses from the 100s to the 40s-30s in one year if you don't know how to coach.

Also, KW got a big new contract and raise, and there's a $53 million hole in the SEZ right now, along with a stadium renovation, that screams "commitment" to me.

Reactions: 82hoosier
How many D1 programs in the last 20 yrs have fired both the football and basketball coach in the same year? The B10? I really dont have the answer.

Glass has either made some slick moves...or we just fell off the cliff. Too early to tell, but man his job is on the line now, if it wasnt already.

Up until now I believe Glass has done a good job running the complete department. But our two cash cows just received shock treatment. I sure hope he has a plan.
You're doing this over here too? We just missed the NCAA tournament for the 3rd time in a few years. I liked Crean, but you can't do that and expect to keep your job. And there's no reason we can't get 6-7 wins again in football, despite your bizarre fits on the football board. No one is expecting 10 wins.

It's not questionable at all. Wilson opened up the university to lawsuits, had a drinking issue, other personal issues, and yet Glass tried to help him out for 6 years. Eventually you can't keep that crap up. We've got Outside the Lines snooping around now because of him. And I liked the guy, but you can't pull that crap, especially when you peak at 6-7. Allen will do fine. At the very least, he clearly knows his Xs and Os and can coach up 3 star talent. You don't take two separate defenses from the 100s to the 40s-30s in one year if you don't know how to coach.

Also, KW got a big new contract and raise, and there's a $53 million hole in the SEZ right now, along with a stadium renovation, that screams "commitment" to me.
I was addressing the issue of alleged abuse, which was investigated twice, with no evidence that Wilson did anything wrong.

As for his drinking, it was an issue from the minute he arrived, yet Glass rewarded him with a new contract. It was poorly managed, and Wilson had had enough and got away to a better gig with a chance to actually win games.

You're doing this over here too? We just missed the NCAA tournament for the 3rd time in a few years. I liked Crean, but you can't do that and expect to keep your job. And there's no reason we can't get 6-7 wins again in football, despite your bizarre fits on the football board. No one is expecting 10 wins.
What the hell are you talking about??? I ask a simple question that you and no one else has bothered to answer. I take that to mean you dont know either and your just making noise...for reasons of your own...petty though they may be...

You obviously have no clue to what I was saying...thats okay. I never liked Crean...but wanted him to succeed. I liked Wilson...but trust Glass...as far as that goes.

And this is that moment. And you know not one bit more about what happens next in both programs than I do. You have nothing to be self righteous about...or do you?...vbg

Allen will do fine. At the very least, he clearly knows his Xs and Os and can coach up 3 star talent. You don't take two separate defenses from the 100s to the 40s-30s in one year if you don't know how to coach.

Well, there is "knowing how to coach" and there is "winning football games at Indiana". Those are not the same. It takes a superb coach to even get to 0.500 in the league at Indiana. Wilson, in my opinion, was pretty darn good. I would bet money Allen will not do better.

Reactions: IUcolorado
Politically correct? The players demanded Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT