ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Galloway to IU

Hunter was ranked 60th on rivals. Ty Jerome was 53rd and Kyle Guy was 41st. It was a top 10 class.

And Archie Miller has had a top class but you refuse to give him any credit. Hunter was 91st in the 247 composite and redshirted his freshman year. Still doesn’t refute the fact that Virginia’s 4 year aggregate recruiting ranking 58th. Virginia is nowhere close in being considered one of the best recruiting teams. You would scoff at that and say Archie Miller isn’t getting it done. In fact you already have.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Virginia and Nova have easily been the best two teams in college basketball the last 4-5 years. None of those teams have come close to averaging an aggregate top 25 recruiting class in that time frame. Try again.
Again you are avoiding the names I said. Your teams “may” be the exception to the rule with the exception that Villanova who has signed 5 5 stars since from 15-19 classes.

Again you are avoiding the names I said. Your teams “may” be the exception to the rule with the exception that Villanova who has signed 5 5 stars since from 15-19 classes.

Duke and Kentucky haven’t been to a F4 since 2015. Michigan State class rankings from 15-18 were 25, 3, 49, 17, nowhere close to being “one of the best” of the three 5* MSU landed in that time frame, two went to the draft before last year and the other got hurt early in the season. But yes keeping pushing a narrative that doesn’t exist. The teams that are consistently performing are the teams who get old and stay old.

Duke and Kentucky haven’t been to a F4 since 2015. Michigan State class rankings from 15-18 were 25, 3, 49, 17, nowhere close to being “one of the best” of the three 5* MSU landed in that time frame, two went to the draft before last year and the other got hurt early in the season. But yes keeping pushing a narrative that doesn’t exist. The teams that are consistently performing are the teams who get old and stay old.
Great we need more Trey Galloway! Iu is back baby! Smh

Reactions: Wall2Boogie

Three of the 5* Villanova has landed came after their two national titles. Jalen Brunson was the only 5* on their first national title team and was their 7th or 8th man. Context matters.

And Archie Miller has had a top class but you refuse to give him any credit. Hunter was 91st in the 247 composite and redshirted his freshman year. Still doesn’t refute the fact that Virginia’s 4 year aggregate recruiting ranking 58th. Virginia is nowhere close in being considered one of the best recruiting teams. You would scoff at that and say Archie Miller isn’t getting it done. In fact you already have.

You weren't on here last year, but I did give Archie credit. it was a great class, especially for it being his first full class. You see, that is difference between you and myself. If he has a top class, I give him credit. If has an ok or bad class, I don’t try to put lip stick on a pig and lie to myself.

You never claimed Galloway was going to be as good as Hunter, Ty, Edwards, or Guy. You claimed he was the next Dakota Mathis and all teams need a Dakota Mathis to win. You're just providing examples of teams that had much better players, than Dakota Mathis, which is my side of the argument:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Courtsensethree
I’m Mark Galloway everyone. What a douche you are.

So in the last 5 minutes I’ve been accused of being a Purdue fan as well as a state winning basketball coach. Make up your mind fellas.

Stop being an as@hole to your son and saying he is going to be the next Dakota Mathis. Tell him he is going to be the next MJ, Larry Bird, or Zeke. Dream big!

Edit: or Thunder Dan Majerle! I did proudly own his USA jersey.

Last edited:
Three of the 5* Villanova has landed came after their two national titles. Jalen Brunson was the only 5* on their first national title team and was their 7th or 8th man. Context matters.

I also think that one of their five star freshman that came in last year couldn't make the rotation and has already transferred.

So yeah, that was worth it for them.

You would have dismissed Carsen Edwards just as you did Galloway because he was ranked outside the top 100. In fact 6/10 consensus first and second team all-american’s last year were ranked outside the top 100 and only 2/10 were 5*. You don’t have any kind of knowledge or understanding of the game and rely on recruiting rankings from guys who haven’t played a day in their life.

To go even further, some of the best players on the planet right now were four, three and zero star recruits.

From Khwai to Steph to Russ to guys like Vic, Paul George, Heyward, Draymond, Klay, etc.

Rankings are great guidelines in mass but saying one specific kid is better than another because one is ranked higher is a fools game other than maybe 3 or 4 kids per class at the most.

Five stars don't stick around.

Five stars are typically underclassmen.

It's really hard for a team featuring underclassmen to win in college bb in today's environment.

To go even further, some of the best players on the planet right now were four, three and zero star recruits.

From Khwai to Steph to Russ to guys like Vic, Paul George, Heyward, Draymond, Klay, etc.

Rankings are great guidelines in mass but saying one specific kid is better than another because one is ranked higher is a fools game other than maybe 3 or 4 kids per class at the most.

Five stars don't stick around.

Five stars are typically underclassmen.

It's really hard for a team featuring underclassmen to win in college bb in today's environment.

Coincidently: every player you mentioned had a 26+ PER in their final year of college. Except Westbrook.

In support of some of the more hardcore fans eg prankster and iugradmannetc: You have to admit that getting Galloway is not like landing calbert, Buckner, Alford, Langford etc etc etc. You have to have the horses in college basketball to really compete. Eg look at Sean Miller.

The problem is that since Iu can’t land ANY immediate impact players people have come out of the wood work with the “get old stay old” philosophy. That’s not Sean millers philosophy who Archie emphatically mentioned (Sean laid a pattern that he Archie would follow) in his acceptance speech. Why flip the script now?

Iu fans are getting excited over an at best 4 year role player. Peegs even said at one time about 4 months ago he wasn’t sure that Leal or Galloway would even get an offer! Now people are super excited he committed.

That means the options are extremely limited for Iu. The program is so far down it’s exciting for some to land a role player. It’s totally ridiculous and sad. If you think for one freaking second this is how Iu returns to greatness your sadly mistaken.

Some on here just get excited over mediocrity. Sue me for not getting to excited. Maybe next year Iu fans won’t have to explain away the worst January basketball in the history of the program.
Dumb post, and then you doubled down by quoting Peegs.

In support of some of the more hardcore fans eg prankster and iugradmannetc: You have to admit that getting Galloway is not like landing calbert, Buckner, Alford, Langford etc etc etc. You have to have the horses in college basketball to really compete. Eg look at Sean Miller.

The problem is that since Iu can’t land ANY immediate impact players people have come out of the wood work with the “get old stay old” philosophy. That’s not Sean millers philosophy who Archie emphatically mentioned (Sean laid a pattern that he Archie would follow) in his acceptance speech. Why flip the script now?

Iu fans are getting excited over an at best 4 year role player. Peegs even said at one time about 4 months ago he wasn’t sure that Leal or Galloway would even get an offer! Now people are super excited he committed.

That means the options are extremely limited for Iu. The program is so far down it’s exciting for some to land a role player. It’s totally ridiculous and sad. If you think for one freaking second this is how Iu returns to greatness your sadly mistaken.

Some on here just get excited over mediocrity. Sue me for not getting to excited. Maybe next year Iu fans won’t have to explain away the worst January basketball in the history of the program.

Really dumb post. You could argue that Sean Miller is the most underachieving coach of this decade. Outside Kentucky and Duke, nobody has recruited the level of talent that Sean Miller has and Sean Miller has failed to reach the F4.

I do remember Archie saying that he was committed to locking down the state and in that regard he’s passing. I don’t ever recall Archie mentioning that he was going to chase stars and likely get his basketball put on probation like his brother is about to have happen to him.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
DrP22 posted in good faith and nothing he posted was inflammatory or derogatory. You could try adding to the discussion and explain why you disagree with his opinion.
He quoted Peegs, and that immediately made it dumb. If DrP22 has an issue with my post, let him take it up with me pusscakes.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
That is correct, way to keep up. Until that LOI is signed it is not official.
“Official” and “commitment” aren’t the same in the world of recruiting, something that those of us who follow it know quite well. Since you don’t, your presence here serves no purpose whatsoever.

He hasn’t put up great numbers ever..
He hasn’t put up great numbers ever..

Why not let Trey play his senior year before drawing conclusions about “no great numbers”? TG has strong AAU numbers on a solid team, BTW.

Also, before you contrarians condemn Archie’s 2020 class, why not see how it plays out. There is upto 3 more spots to fill. I really like the TG commitment and the program personnel direction.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Why not let Trey play his senior year before drawing conclusions about “no great numbers”? TG has strong AAU numbers on a solid team, BTW.

Also, before you contrarians condemn Archie’s 2020 class, why not see how it plays out. There is upto 3 more spots to fill. I really like the TG commitment and the program personnel direction.
But he hasn't landed a recruit in almost 3 whole days! Time to start panicking again.

“Official” and “commitment” aren’t the same in the world of recruiting, something that those of us who follow it know quite well. Since you don’t, your presence here serves no purpose whatsoever.
Since a commitment isn't official until the LOI is signed (Eric Gordon says hi) then it doesn't really matter. Galloway could change his mind tomorrow, is he still then counted as a commitment? The answer is no, and since you are an obvious troll, your presence is no longer wanted here. So fly away, little troll, and take your other trolls with you so that real IU fans can talk to each other.

Since a commitment isn't official until the LOI is signed (Eric Gordon says hi) then it doesn't really matter. Galloway could change his mind tomorrow, is he still then counted as a commitment? The answer is no, and since you are an obvious troll, your presence is no longer wanted here. So fly away, little troll, and take your other trolls with you so that real IU fans can talk to each other.
So, you’re posting in a thread wherein you’ve admitted you’re both ignorant of and uncaring regarding the outcome. You also liked a post hailing him as a “great get”, even though you’ve repeatedly said IU hasn’t ‘gotten’ him. The only troll here is you. You add nothing but annoyance.

Deep thoughts, on a free message board? You really need to find a hobby outside of these boards.

Don’t sell yourself short. I really enjoyed your posts on commitments. Those were some deep thoughts. Out of curiosity do you wear sports jerseys and backwards hats?

MV5BMmVmYzQ5ZWQtYzk5ZS00ZWIxLTk0ZjEtMTQ4OTdkYWNlNzE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjYyNDMwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Don’t sell yourself short. I really enjoyed your posts on commitments. Those were some deep thoughts. Out of curiosity do you wear sports jerseys and backwards hats?

And wrist bands. Don’t forget about the wrist bands.

Of course. You can’t have the handle “Hoosierchamps” and not dress the part.

I see Woody Harrelson in “White Men Can’t Jump”.

1. What's my age?
2. Who said I wear jerseys? Is that what you got from my post? I thought I was obvious that I was pointing out how you and Pranky were cybercanoodling. I'll type slower next time.

1. 65-75 year old Caucasian male
2. I took it as an admission of guilt
3. Technically you didn’t type anything. You posted a picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT