ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Yelling in Dude's Face

Just not a fan of the hooting and hollering all the time. Especially against the worst team in our league. Didn't mind it against OSU as much. If he shows up and shows out Thursday, then celebrate. Not so much against Neb.
He was frustrated with being hacked all night by Nebraska and showed emotion. He made a mistake and got a tech. Not a big deal.

Do you feel the same about a player that makes a big play then runs over and screams at the opposing team's pep band?
Sure, scream at the fans, our bench, their bench, etc. Don’t yell at another grown man in his face unless you are ready to throw hands. Good for the Nebraska kid for not reacting.

Reactions: mk24
Dt6RK99U0AAHgjx.jpg
Thank you for posting that. A great moment. And damn what a stud Calbert was!

Reactions: .Gerdis
It was a helluva play, but no reason to go nuts and yell in the dude's face. Next time down their big guy takes Trayce down. Had to watch it multiple times to see how dirty and dangerous that play was. Basic hip check/undercut on a dunk. I hope TJD starts to understand the yelling, flexing, and other theatrics aren't needed when you're as good as he is.
Act like you have been there before.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and mk24
Totally disagree. I hope IU teams going forward show more emotion and play with more fire. It happens in all sports. No big deal.

showing emotion and poor sportsmanship and totally different things.

taunting and putting down an opponent is big for players today, and not just kids.

that's not emotion, that's immature punk ass bad sportsmanship.

and the kid who elbowed Trey in the face should have been ejected.

Reactions: mk24 and Crayfish57
It was a helluva play, but no reason to go nuts and yell in the dude's face. Next time down their big guy takes Trayce down. Had to watch it multiple times to see how dirty and dangerous that play was. Basic hip check/undercut on a dunk. I hope TJD starts to understand the yelling, flexing, and other theatrics aren't needed when you're as good as he is.

didn't work out so great for Zander vs PSU either.

Reactions: mk24 and 4IUSox2
2 plays later JG did the same thing and nothing was called. Seemed like a hometown ref kind of thing to me. Just like having our whole team in foul trouble all game

I love Trayce, love the fire, love the passion. I HATED the stoic, "I don't give a crap" look of Romeo/Phinisee and that group, where they thought it was cool to act like they didn't care.

That being said...it's kind of irritating watching Trayce make a play, scream "And one", flex, and then go to the line and miss his free throw.

I really believe Trayce was just yelling and the dudes face happened to be there, I agree it had to be called but I don't believe it was a deliberate act.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I blame ESPN's top 10 list of plays for this type of thinking. Kids don't see the big picture as far as team success. They just want to make the list. They also don't show the humility they should that good sportsmanship demands. I truly wonder if there is a lot of psychological stuff that is going on with young men or women who act like this. In other words, making a great play should be about how it helps the team and playing your part instead of making yourself feel better.

I blame ESPN's top 10 list of plays for this type of thinking. Kids don't see the big picture as far as team success. They just want to make the list. They also don't show the humility they should that good sportsmanship demands. I truly wonder if there is a lot of psychological stuff that is going on with young men or women who act like this. In other words, making a great play should be about how it helps the team and playing your part instead of making yourself feel better.
A guy who celebrates an emphatic dunk has psychological problems?

You're making way too big of a deal on this.

Celebrating is one thing. But yelling in the other player's face is different. If a person is confident about themselves then when they beat someone they don't have to do that.
If TJD got in players’ faces on a regular basis, I would consider it a problem. In this particular case, he had received more than his share of cheap shots, including on that particular play

just curious what your sphere of influence is, hoping its small
actually because of the pandemic we have put our services on Facebook Live. My sphere is bigger than it was before. Most people like my ideas or at least respect me for them. Of course where I don't do well is the Trustee Board Meeting. I am not a guy who is a jack of all trades so I don't know at all what I am doing when it comes to fixing things, fixing them as cheap as possible etc. So I have asked God to give me people who are good at those things I am not. So far the Lord has come through.

actually because of the pandemic we have put our services on Facebook Live. My sphere is bigger than it was before. Most people like my ideas or at least respect me for them. Of course where I don't do well is the Trustee Board Meeting. I am not a guy who is a jack of all trades so I don't know at all what I am doing when it comes to fixing things, fixing them as cheap as possible etc. So I have asked God to give me people who are good at those things I am not. So far the Lord has come through.
Joesph was a carpenter

To Me this is like the running back who scores a Touchdown on a 1 Yard Goal Line Plunge and then spikes the ball like He scored on an 80 Yard Run. You were supposed to make the play. There is nothing unusual about it. Now if TJD could score a basket with his right hand, hit a three pointer, make an assist pass to a cutter, or out of the post Diagonally to a Shooter, that would be worth a Celebration.

To Me this is like the running back who scores a Touchdown on a 1 Yard Goal Line Plunge and then spikes the ball like He scored on an 80 Yard Run. You were supposed to make the play. There is nothing unusual about it. Now if TJD could score a basket with his right hand, hit a three pointer, make an assist pass to a cutter, or out of the post Diagonally to a Shooter, that would be worth a Celebration.
can you break down the roster and let us know what each player can celebrate?

This is one of the most "message board" posts i've ever read. Come on man.

can you break down the roster and let us know what each player can celebrate?
I think you are reading too much into my post. My point is We are talking about a Player Who Scores 95% of his points with shots within 5 Feet of the Basket and from the free throw Line. He dunks the ball at least 3 times per game. If your position is that You should applaud the unusual and out of the ordinary, than the other Plays I mentioned should catch your attention.

Reactions: mk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT