ADVERTISEMENT

Traffic Questions

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
While they put the last piece in the East End Bridge, still can't use it to go from Louisville to I-65.

Anybody drive I-65 from Louisville, KY to Columbus, IN recently?
How much construction?

Anybody drive Hwy 37 from Paoli to Bloomington lately?
Is the North Paoli construction done?
Is the I-69 construction from Third Street to Hwy 45/46 bad enough to cause backups?

Anybody drive Hwy 135 from Palmyra to Salem lately?
Is that under construction anywhere?

How about Salem to Mitchell on 60?
I'm assuming both INDOT and God have still not remembered that stretch of road?

My apologies to the folks who travel 37 from Indy to Bloomington.
My only suggestion is to vote better. Maybe elect a road engineer.

As of about a week ago the Paoli construction was not done. I have never had any trouble going through there on the weekend other than going 20 mph instead of 30 mph and those annoying signs that tell you that you are speeding. You can bypass it. When you get to the stop sign at the 150/56 intersection instead of turning left and going towards the square go straight on 56 and take NE 3rd St. which will be the second left. It's in a curve surrounded by guardrail so be careful. You will go down a hill then back up and then when you get to the bottom of that hill turn left on Oak St. and that will bring you to 37 at the end of the construction.

Here's a route I took recently. I-65 to highway 250. Takes you to Brownstown. Nice flat highway with tons of passing opportunities. Jump on 50 then hit 446 to Bloomington. Scenic and IMO Same time.

While they put the last piece in the East End Bridge, still can't use it to go from Louisville to I-65.

Anybody drive I-65 from Louisville, KY to Columbus, IN recently?
How much construction?

Anybody drive Hwy 37 from Paoli to Bloomington lately?
Is the North Paoli construction done?
Is the I-69 construction from Third Street to Hwy 45/46 bad enough to cause backups?

Anybody drive Hwy 135 from Palmyra to Salem lately?
Is that under construction anywhere?

How about Salem to Mitchell on 60?
I'm assuming both INDOT and God have still not remembered that stretch of road?

My apologies to the folks who travel 37 from Indy to Bloomington.
My only suggestion is to vote better. Maybe elect a road engineer.
I just drove to Indy last week. 65 to Columbus should be OK...there are a few very short lane changeover spots, but on a Saturday it shouldn't be an issue.

My go-to route to B-town lately, is to take 65 to 250 to 39 to 50 to 446...similar to what Titleist posted above. Also do you use the Waze driving app? If not you should...it's steered me out of a lot of traffic issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT