ADVERTISEMENT

So, I Met The Coach Today

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Had a choice between helping the bride do chores or inventing a reason to go somewhere.

I chose the latter.

Made a trial run over the new bridge to I-65, to Hwy. 60, to Salem, to Mitchell, to 37, to Old Walnut to the Stadium. 103 miles. 2 hours, 6 minutes. 60 to Salem was traffic heavy. No likee.

Hoped to sneak into the stadium and see a scrimmage - since there was no info on the IU site about whether the public was invited or what times anything happens, I took a shot. Was willing to look lost and get tossed. But - got there late. No team on the practice field. No noise from the stadium. Walked around. Checking out the bricks outside the NEZ and out walks Coach Allen.

Said hello, he walked over and we talked a few minutes. Very genuine guy. Very nice. Same in person as you see on TV. MUCH more personable than my first face-to-face with Coach Wilson (don't know if you've heard, but Coach Wilson could be kinda surly). Seemed pleased with the scrimmage. Didn't press him for info - everybody needs a break from

Trip home was through Paoli. 107 miles, but only 2 hours 1 minute.

This leaves me needing to predict traffic to set new records.
Not sure I'm up to it.

Can still maybe save a minute by going back to 65 to Columbus, 46 to Nashville/Bloomington, but Leaf Lookers are always a threat during the season. May test that one for the Spring Game.

It was good to feel the stadium.

Had a choice between helping the bride do chores or inventing a reason to go somewhere.

I chose the latter.

Made a trial run over the new bridge to I-65, to Hwy. 60, to Salem, to Mitchell, to 37, to Old Walnut to the Stadium. 103 miles. 2 hours, 6 minutes. 60 to Salem was traffic heavy. No likee.

Hoped to sneak into the stadium and see a scrimmage - since there was no info on the IU site about whether the public was invited or what times anything happens, I took a shot. Was willing to look lost and get tossed. But - got there late. No team on the practice field. No noise from the stadium. Walked around. Checking out the bricks outside the NEZ and out walks Coach Allen.

Said hello, he walked over and we talked a few minutes. Very genuine guy. Very nice. Same in person as you see on TV. MUCH more personable than my first face-to-face with Coach Wilson (don't know if you've heard, but Coach Wilson could be kinda surly). Seemed pleased with the scrimmage. Didn't press him for info - everybody needs a break from

Not sure I'm up to it.

Can still maybe save a minute by going back to 65 to Columbus, 46 to Nashville/Bloomington, but Leaf Lookers are always a threat during the season. May test that one for the Spring Game.

Loved the report and the made up reason to leave: good stuff. I will tell you though, all practices other than the spring game are closed, and today's scrimmage was in Mellencamp.

I chose the latter.

Not sure I'm up to it.

Would practice have been open? If not, I would wonder why? Spring ball. When the SEC spring games are replayed on tv all summer long, it just get their fan bases more interested. And if coaches are afraid of secret information being stolen why would Ohio State "invite" 100,000 to the spring game? IU would do well to do everything possible to increase campus and local community interest.

Would practice have been open? If not, I would wonder why? Spring ball. When the SEC spring games are replayed on tv all summer long, it just get their fan bases more interested. And if coaches are afraid of secret information being stolen why would Ohio State "invite" 100,000 to the spring game? IU would do well to do everything possible to increase campus and local community interest.
Are you serious? Most schools' practices are closed. That is pretty standard. The SEC does not show practices all summer long. They do show spring games, and ours will be on the BTN. Yesterday wasn't our spring game.

The one significant edge that we have going into our opener with "the" O$U is their lack of a clear understanding of how we are going to attack them.

There's multiple questions I'd love to know the answers to about what's going on this spring but I'm more than willing to wait until August 31st for clearity if means we'll beat those #%^#^~¥, four letter word chanting, worthless nuts on national tv.

Even with Kevin Wilson on staff they don't know as much as they think they do about us as long as no one is feeding that turncoat Dakich any "inside" info. I wouldn't let that clown step foot inside the stadium if I was in charge.

I'd even make the Spring game primarily a matchup between our 3's and 4's running last years O so as to mask any individual tendicies and techniques of our 1's & 2's that aren't already on tape (if the decision were up to me).

I chose the latter.

Not sure I'm up to it.

!65 to uniontown to Brownstown then take 50 to 446. try it you will like it

The one significant edge that we have going into our opener with "the" O$U is their lack of a clear understanding of how we are going to attack them.

There's multiple questions I'd love to know the answers to about what's going on this spring but I'm more than willing to wait until August 31st for clearity if means we'll beat those #%^#^~¥, four letter word chanting, worthless nuts on national tv.

Even with Kevin Wilson on staff they don't know as much as they think they do about us as long as no one is feeding that turncoat Dakich any "inside" info. I wouldn't let that clown step foot inside the stadium if I was in charge.

I'd even make the Spring game primarily a matchup between our 3's and 4's running last years O so as to mask any individual tendicies and techniques of our 1's & 2's that aren't already on tape (if the decision were up to me).
Not to worry. Dakich is irrelevant. Allen is smart. Spring game will be vanilla.

So you're saying having Dakich at a practice would be like having a Russian agent sitting in on our security briefings?

So now I have a better idea about the spring game: it is an opportunity to fool the spies from Ohio State by showing them what IU will not do in week 1. But Ohio State will not know that unless they follow this website. So they will think they will know what IU will run of offense but they will be wrong. And naturally the defense will display formations and coverages that they will not use either. So the whole spring game will be a charade. IU will know that Ohio State thinks they will know for the August game. Unless Ohio State knows that Indiana knows that they think Ohio State knows. Hmmm..... But if Indiana knows that Ohio State thinks they know about what Indiana thinks Ohio State know......

65 to Columbus - through Brown Co. and Gnawbone - beats the other from the Jeff/NA area every time...unless you are going to Kirkwood or somewhere past the Red Lobster turn.

So now I have a better idea about the spring game: it is an opportunity to fool the spies from Ohio State by showing them what IU will not do in week 1. But Ohio State will not know that unless they follow this website. So they will think they will know what IU will run of offense but they will be wrong. And naturally the defense will display formations and coverages that they will not use either. So the whole spring game will be a charade. IU will know that Ohio State thinks they will know for the August game. Unless Ohio State knows that Indiana knows that they think Ohio State knows. Hmmm..... But if Indiana knows that Ohio State thinks they know about what Indiana thinks Ohio State know......
Yes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT