ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Salem, IN Folks

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
My go-to route for football games has been Highway 60 through Salem to Mitchell.

Now, INDOT and other e-maps show about 75 giant red X’s and closures in Salem, and also on 135.

Can I get through on side streets and 60?

Is 135 OK between Palmyra and Salem?

News reports say closure last until 2023!! Boo! Bad! Unconstitutional!

Help a brother out.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Can you take 64 to highway 37 at the Tell City exit. Going North on that route isn't bad with no construction to be had the last I knew. French Lick you would cut across to 37 going to Bloomington. The extra miles could be countered by less time on the route.

My go-to route for football games has been Highway 60 through Salem to Mitchell.

Now, INDOT and other e-maps show about 75 giant red X’s and closures in Salem, and also on 135.

Help a brother out.
We went that way two weekends ago and while there is a closure on that main drag through Salem, there’s side roads that take you around.

Can you take 64 to highway 37 at the Tell City exit. Going North on that route isn't bad with no construction to be had the last I knew. French Lick you would cut across to 37 going to Bloomington. The extra miles could be countered by less time on the route.
Too far. I’d take 150 to Paoli.

Reactions: TomEric4756

Help a brother out.
There is a marked detour around the closure and it adds little time.

Simple detour. May add 5 minutes tops.

Go 3/4 around the square and head up Market St, past the park and 4 way stop, turn right on Tarr Ave (by IMI), turn left back onto 56 (next to Casey's Store & Nice's Diner). Stop in at Nice's if you want a great breakfast!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT