ADVERTISEMENT

Traditions

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
A lot of time is spent on this message board talking about creating new traditions and things to get fans excited or get them to stay at games, etc.

It’s games like Saturday, where things may happen organically end up becoming traditions, even if it only lasts for a few years. It could be a song that’s played. It could be a chant that the students start. Let’s hope it’s a great day and the only way that a tradition is born out of Saturdays with a victory.

A lot of time is spent on this message board talking about creating new traditions and things to get fans excited or get them to stay at games, etc.

It’s games like Saturday, where things may happen organically end up becoming traditions, even if it only lasts for a few years. It could be a song that’s played. It could be a chant that the students start. Let’s hope it’s a great day and the only way that a tradition is born out of Saturdays with a victory.
And let's hope that tradition is not an entire section of men and boys taking off their shirts and twirling them over their heads.

• Haha
Reactions: midwolfe
Some traditions do just come about organically but there are some things that you have to help along. My one daughter went to Iowa State and they do a few things during the games. One is the Cyclone Warning and siren but the two that stand out are playing Sweet Caroline and then when they play Juicy Wiggle. The thing about the songs is they play them at the same time each game. They do the same at their basketball games with the same two songs.

What I notice at the IU game is the music they play jumps around so there is no consistency when we go through the game. Pick a song that you want to be your transfer song from the 3rd to 4th quarter and over time the crowd will join in because they know its coming and can anticipate it.

I think IU does a good job with the Marching 100 at the start of the game and the new entrance by the team to Thunderstruck but after that everything just seems to occur haphazardly. I do like the honoring of the hero of the game they do and I also appreciate when you see players on the other team also clapping for our veterans. We do have some traditions that happen, they just aren't some of what we see in other stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT