ADVERTISEMENT

The Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group . . .

Draft Old Style $2.50
$1 long necks and a steak, baked potato and green beans for $5, if memory serves.

I'll have to look into re-upping my membership. I've never gotten a piece of mail from the Legion, despite being a former member of sons and a Boys State attendee.

Reactions: DANC
Wounded twice on consecutive days in Jan of 68. We were just going through all his records for some VA related stuff. Shot up and mortared on some hill in the central highlands, medevac'd to Pleiku to Cam Rahn Bay to Tokyo and then Walter Reed. A little over 6 months total, most of it in Tokyo and Walter Reed. First time I'd ever seen the telegram saying he'd been wounded and the description of what happened. They sent one to mom and my grandparents.

As a kid it was wild to see all the scars. He'd be out in the sun all the time, but the scars wouldn't tan. Looked like someone painted beige stripes on his neck, chest and right arm.
I don't think I knew that. Big salute to your dad! Did he get any kind of disability for it?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Draft Old Style $2.50
I never heard from either the Legion or I probably would have joined.

They didn't seem real welcome to VN-era vets at the time (I was not in VN, but was in while it was going on. I'm a Veteran of Foreign Bars).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT