ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 Defense?

The IU Defense has been outstanding al year. Play gritty, with heart, physical and makes stops.
Such a bummer the offense (85%) and Special Teams (15%) are letting down the Defense who has completely showed up all season.

Yes, definitely top 25 defense.

I wonder how many of the D will be back next season. McFadden is an All American, but if doesn’t get drafted in the first few rounds his odd go way down of making it in the NFL. Same with Mullen.

The IU Defense has been outstanding al year. Play gritty, with heart, physical and makes stops.
Such a bummer the offense (85%) and Special Teams (15%) are letting down the Defense who has completely showed up all season.
This defense deserves a better offense. Sheridan has got to go and we MUST replace him with a solid offensive coordinator who can run that side of the team like a boss, because it is not something Coach Allen is capable of. Sheridan is so painfully not a Deboer.

Yes, definitely top 25 defense.

I wonder how many of the D will be back next season. McFadden is an All American, but if doesn’t get drafted in the first few rounds his odd go way down of making it in the NFL. Same with Mullen.
McFadden was 2nd or 3rd team all American last year. If He is again an All Anerican this year, what more can He prove at the College Level to improve his Draft Status. He is already playing with a Broken Thumb. Why risk additional injury? Somebody Who wants to judge football talent and production as opposed to athletic ability based upon testing at the "Underwear Olympics" will be happy to take him.

Let’s hope IU’s record doesn’t rain on McFadden’s All Big and All American accolades. His play is clearly deserving.

I can see C4, Cam Jones, thinking about the next level too; He’s playing at an All BIG level, as well.

I think Noah Pierre, 21, showed he can play CB in the BiG. It’s clear MSU was looking to take advantage of his replacement of Mullen. These game reps will be valuable v. tOSU, Saturday.

And yes, IU improved many of their NCAA defensive category rankings with the MSU performances.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and TMFT
Let’s hope IU’s record doesn’t rain on McFadden’s All Big and All American accolades. His play is clearly deserving.

I can see C4, Cam Jones, thinking about the next level too; He’s playing at an All BIG level, as well.

I think Noah Pierre, 21, showed he can play CB in the BiG. It’s clear MSU was looking to take advantage of his replacement of Mullen. These game reps will be valuable v. tOSU, Saturda.

And yes, IU improved many of their NCAA defensive category rankings with the MSU performances.
When all is said and done I think we’re realistically looking at Micah & Tiawan being in the mix for AA again.

Add Cam Jones, Kramer, Anderson, and maybe Monster as all B1G candidates.

McFadden looks like a mini-TJ Watt at times. Think he’s a second rounder at least. Think C4 can play pro too, he’s fast and tough, mid-round pick. I worry about Tiawon’s size at next level, but think he’ll by by a mid round draft or higher too. Anderson may get a shot as well.

When all is said and done I think we’re realistically looking at Micah & Tiawan being in the mix for AA again.

Add Cam Jones, Kramer, Anderson, and maybe Monster as all B1G candidates.

For sure. If Tiawan stays injured and he has a want to play with his younger brother, I could see him sticking around for another year. Not too sure how likely that is but you never know.

Reactions: vesuvius13
McFadden looks like a mini-TJ Watt at times. Think he’s a second rounder at least. Think C4 can play pro too, he’s fast and tough, mid-round pick. I worry about Tiawon’s size at next level, but think he’ll by by a mid round draft or higher too. Anderson may get a shot as well.
I honestly think Cam might have better pro potential than Micah because he's a true OLB and Micah is a MLB in an OLB's body. I hope he proves me wrong and I'm quite certain he'll get his NFL shot and even probably get drafted in the mid rounds.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I honestly think Cam might have better pro potential than Micah because he's a true OLB and Micah is a MLB in an OLB's body. I hope he proves me wrong and I'm quite certain he'll get his NFL shot and even probably get drafted in the mid rounds.
McFadden is the size of ILBs in NFL so I am sure if he goes a team will want him. I hope Mullen comes back to play with his brother. Noah Pierre shows he can play corner in the B1G and he is physical. IU needs to move BonHomme to ILB to prepare for next year when the LBs move on.

Last edited:

You may have heard of Ray Lewis who played a lil' ILB. I had the chance to meet and stand next to him. I'm 5'11" and taller than him. Players can play: Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Ray Lewis, TY Hilton; size doesn't stop true talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT