ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Izzo isn't leaving now, but MSU will have a hard time replacing him

I would take Fife over Crean. I hope MSU hires Crean, he drives the program in the ditch, Fife leaves, and MSU is stuck with a non-tournament team leading the nation in turnovers.

Reactions: IUgradman
If Beilein and Izzo leave in the same year might there be a bidding war for Crean. lol

Does anybody really see them hiring Crean? I have my own opinions on Izzo. I will say this. In my opinion Crean would run a cleaner program there but with a lot worse results.

His alma mater Central Michigan in the MAC might be a eventual landing spot for Crean if he fails at Georgia. Back home in Michigan. Lower expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
His alma mater Central Michigan in the MAC might be a eventual landing spot for Crean if he fails at Georgia. Back home in Michigan. Lower expectations.

Agreed, but short of NCAA problems, I don't see how a MBB coach possibly fails at UGA...they have no expectations.

Tom Crean at top of list???
I thought you were joking, but he is #2 on the list! . Number 2 is a good description for Crean.

BTW, when clearing out and getting ready to remodel our son's old room, we came across an autographed Tom Crean basketball. The basketball is very nice looking and a shame to throw away. If anyone wants it, please let me know. The autograph is a little faded since I tried various solvents to try to remove the signature, but it isn't that noticeable.

Agreed, but short of NCAA problems, I don't see how a MBB coach possibly fails at UGA...they have no expectations.
I work with a client in ATL that has several Georgia alums that are excited. I just smile.

Georgia has a great football program which will give Crean some shade ... For awhile. I hope Georgia fans are excited about their football team. That's where it ends this year. Georgia fans will need a hand clicker to keep track of unforced turnovers, and deflections, that's always fun. Or make turnovers a drinking game in which you are too blitzed to realize the game is over, and they lost again.

Last edited:
Reactions: mk23
I thought you were joking, but he is #2 on the list! . Number 2 is a good description for Crean.

BTW, when clearing out and getting ready to remodel our son's old room, we came across an autographed Tom Crean basketball. The basketball is very nice looking and a shame to throw away. If anyone wants it, please let me know. The autograph is a little faded since I tried various solvents to try to remove the signature, but it isn't that noticeable.

Send it to me. I’ll throw it away immediately.

If it's the one he air balled while "shooting" free throws in Maui, i'll pay you $1000 for it. lol

PS -- i wanted to link the video but i can't find it. i'm guessing his PR firm did some scrubbing. luckily the UGA BOT was unaware such video existed.

Reactions: mike41703
What's the point of your post? This is a purely future event.

What's the point of yours? Reckon if mine was to see who'd post the dumbest response, you'd win going away.

A "purely future event"? Just like commitments from unsigned recruits, all the games in the upcoming Season, 2018 Hoosier Hysteria and everything else related to hoops that hasn't happened yet. Perish forbid anyone here would ever talk about any of that.

What's the point of yours? Reckon if mine was to see who'd post the dumbest response, you'd win going away.

A "purely future event"? Just like commitments from unsigned recruits, all the games in the upcoming Season, 2018 Hoosier Hysteria and everything else related to hoops that hasn't happened yet. Perish forbid anyone here would ever talk about any of that.
Thanks for the compliment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT