ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen as IU basketball coach

IUFan4Lifer

Redshirt
Nov 5, 2010
Aside from X's and O's - these are the qualities a coach needs to bring to a program. Similar to what Tom Allen brought to IU Football:
  1. Coaching Up Players
  2. Inspiring Players to want to play hard
  3. Exceeding Program Expectations
  4. Insisting on team respect and program respect
  5. No slackers or crappy attitudes
  6. #LEO

Reactions: IUFANBB
Aside from X's and O's - these are the qualities a coach needs to bring to a program. Similar to what Tom Allen brought to IU Football:
  1. Coaching Up Players
  6. #LEO
I’m not a huge Allen fan but I think he recognizes his weak points and seeks help. Ie hiring Deboar

1. Coaching Up Players
  6. #LEO
What player on basketball team plays as hard as Peyton Ramsey did

Tom Allen doesn't have to tell Peyton Ramsey to play hard. It's in his DNA. We don't have a single guy on the bball team who can even be mentioned in the same breath as Ramsey when you're talking about toughness, desire, motivation and competitiveness. Some of this falls on Archie but generally when kids are soft they're just soft.

Reactions: larlane
Tom Allen doesn't have to tell Peyton Ramsey to play hard. It's in his DNA. We don't have a single guy on the bball team who can even be mentioned in the same breath as Ramsey when you're talking about toughness, desire, motivation and competitiveness. Some of this falls on Archie but generally when kids are soft they're just soft.
I don’t believe this then get rid of them

1. Coaching Up Players
  6. #LEO
Amen. Best post I've read. Some posters get so caught up in the x's and o's they lose the forest for the trees. What you write is what matters most. That said I'm obviously not advocating Tom Allen for the basketball coach. Let's stick with basketball guys....

Last edited:
Reactions: IUFan4Lifer
  1. Coaching Up Players
  6. #LEO

7) Major improvements in recruiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Coaching Up Players
  6. #LEO
7) Major improvements in recruiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, that's what we need! A coach that doesn't know what the opposing team is doing. Hint: onside kick! Cost IU the bowl game against Tennessee!

1. Coaching Up Players
  6. #LEO
Too early to assign all of those accomplishments to Allen. He had a nice year, but most of those attributes will only apply when they beat good teams, which wasn’t the case last season. And recruiting still lags almost of the other Big 10 schools, so moving up looks difficult.

Archie making Tom Crean look like the John Wooden of coaching at the IU program.

Didn’t think it could get worse than Crean but we managed to out-do ourselves on this one.

Archie is a complete zombie on the sidelines.

3op5tf.jpg

LEO is something crean would have embraced. Forrrrrrr sure

You're no better than victimbear. We went to IU at the same time and you probably didn’t get into any of my parties. Creating a winning football program at IU is a Herculean effort. Allen has the best W/L ever after 3 years. Try to post about stuff you comprehend next time. Like being a douchebag about Romeo. You’ve really got that one down pat

Reactions: Lillyr66
Tom Allen still has A LOT to prove himself. Like beating a team .500 or better for starters. Let’s focus on a basketball coach.

Tom Allen still has A LOT to prove himself. Like beating a team .500 or better for starters. Let’s focus on a basketball coach.

We’ve talked before, so I’ll make this brief. You’re an embarrassment of a poster. A total man baby. You bring nothing to this board. Ball St was over .500. It’s also not Allen’s job to insure that other teams win their games. But you know that. You’re just a pathetic waste of space.

Reactions: IUFan4Lifer
You're no better than victimbear. We went to IU at the same time and you probably didn’t get into any of my parties. Creating a winning football program at IU is a Herculean effort. Allen has the best W/L ever after 3 years. Try to post about stuff you comprehend next time. Like being a douchebag about Romeo. You’ve really got that one down pat

I didnt get in to your parties? Are you serious? LOL. That is awesome.

I think Allen should be praised, has done better at IU than anyone in 20 years! He just isn't that smart of a guy, lots of football coaches are not that smart. He is a hard worker, passionate, and can motivate football players, that will do just fine at IU.

I wanna know more about your parties tho. That department I pretty much won at, anyone that went to college with me wont dispute me I promise. 7 years at IU, AA meetings and Kilroys VIP card at 19. What do you know about skipping the line at sports or kilroys and getting 2 people in? At 19?? Got laid multiple times because of that, once in kilroys bathroom on the floor when there was the birth canal. Might have caught 7 diseases, but she was Asian..... worth it. Oh man my alcoholic ass had fun!!!!

I could tell so many stories.

We’ve talked before, so I’ll make this brief. You’re an embarrassment of a poster. A total man baby. You bring nothing to this board. Ball St was over .500. It’s also not Allen’s job to insure that other teams win their games. But you know that. You’re just a pathetic waste of space.
Ball State went 5-7. Get a clue kid.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I didnt get in to your parties? Are you serious? LOL. That is awesome.

I think Allen should be praised, has done better at IU than anyone in 20 years! He just isn't that smart of a guy, lots of football coaches are not that smart. He is a hard worker, passionate, and can motivate football players, that will do just fine at IU.

I wanna know more about your parties tho. That department I pretty much won at, anyone that went to college with me wont dispute me I promise. 7 years at IU, AA meetings and Kilroys VIP card at 19. What do you know about skipping the line at sports or kilroys and getting 2 people in? At 19?? Got laid multiple times because of that, once in kilroys bathroom on the floor when there was the birth canal. Might have caught 7 diseases, but she was Asian..... worth it. Oh man my alcoholic ass had fun!!!!

I could tell so many stories.

Your reply is an amazing mess. Well done. I don’t even know what to say about this abortion of a post. You still suck major balls though.

He had no points, rebounds, assists, blocks, or steals tonight. Did have 3 fouls and a -8 plus minus coming off his career game. Is reporting his stats hate enough for you?

I thought the rumor you’ve been pushing was that the he banged Green’s gf? Sure seems like he banged yours actually. His stats for this game is legit. Your posts about him and the baseless accusations you’ve leveled against him are entirely different

I thought the rumor you’ve been pushing was that the he banged Green’s gf? Sure seems like he banged yours actually. His stats for this game is legit. Your posts about him and the baseless accusations you’ve leveled against him are entirely different

You def are a nerd. It was a bit funny when someone said that romeo banged my gf the first few times. To repeat other peoples jokes tho, for sure nerd. Did you have 2 kegs at a party once????

STFU you moron. He just had the best season for IU in like 30 years. This is just one more in the pile full of BS posts that show you’re dumber than a bag of dicks. I go to all the IU football home games. Try going to 1 next year.
Had season tickets son Is a freshman and you are one angry liberal

STFU you moron. He just had the best season for IU in like 30 years. This is just one more in the pile full of BS posts that show you’re dumber than a bag of dicks. I go to all the IU football home games. Try going to 1 next year.

We beat NOBODY this year. So sick of hearing this fake news. He may be on the right track but until we get some wins against winning teams, the idea that the program is even better than the Mallory years is simply just not so.

Whether Allen controls if other teams win or not has nothing to do with the fact that our wins were primarily against bad teams.

Besides us, Tennesee beat 2 teams with winning records - UAB and Kentucky.

Not rooting against Allen, let's please just be realistic about the facts.

KAGA 2020 my friend

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT