ADVERTISEMENT

Told you

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
I told you guys no to under estimate Butler because they were a good team. they have beaten some goods teams and knew it would be a struggle. I am very disappointed in our effort today and this is a game that we should not lose. It is just Crean just can not adapt if teams don't just let us run and move the ball.

I told you guys no to under estimate Butler because they were a good team. they have beaten some goods teams and knew it would be a struggle. I am very disappointed in our effort today and this is a game that we should not lose. It is just Crean just can not adapt if teams don't just let us run and move the ball.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. NOBODY HERE THOUGHT IU WOULD EVER WIN THIS GAME, IF THEY DID THEY ARE CRIMINALLY INSANE.

Also the thing I dislike the most about Crean as a coach is his substitution. The start of the second half we cut it to 9 quickly but then subs in 3 new guys and Butler kicked it right back to 14.

Reactions: 5morebanners
You've lost 2 games. The sky is not falling. After you beat Louisville the Crean supporters will be back in full force.

I was not disappointed in the loss yesterday. I have come to expect it under Crean. Any disciplined team that plays defense will give IU fits. I have seen it for eight years so I was not disappointed yesterday.

Reactions: russelltodd
Crean is gone after this year in my opinion. We will have a crappy BIG season and be a low seed in tourney and do nothing in the tourney

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Crean is gone after this year in my opinion. We will have a crappy BIG season and be a low seed in tourney and do nothing in the tourney
Those pesty 5☆ players we dont need...Might save his j-o-b this season.

IUScott is a hater......check

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Martin was unconscious. What were we supposed to do. It happens. The kid is ridiculous. This team will be fine. Butler beat 'Zona. They're a very good team. It's not on Crean.

Reactions: schmib
Martin was unconscious. What were we supposed to do . . . It's not on Crean.

What were we supposed to do?

For one, play defense? Maybe, just maybe Martin was unconscious because we allowed him to catch the ball wherever he wanted?

Take care of the ball? We had 7 more turnovers than Butler. You think those 7 extra chances to score weren't big?

This team will be fine - as long as they play at home. When they play someone who gets into you defensively away from AH, well, you get what you got yesterday.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
What were we supposed to do?

For one, play defense? Maybe, just maybe Martin was unconscious because we allowed him to catch the ball wherever he wanted?

Take care of the ball? We had 7 more turnovers than Butler. You think those 7 extra chances to score weren't big?

This team will be fine - as long as they play at home. When they play someone who gets into you defensively away from AH, well, you get what you got yesterday.
We were all over him defensively. Crean does a fantastic job (this year) of teaching/coaching close outs on 3 pt shooters. The kid was just en fuego. Nothing we could do. As far as the TOs, that's just Crean's style of play. He'll trade TOs (to some extent) for playing uptempo and extra possessions. We'll be fine. You'll see. The athleticism is there. The shooting is there. And this year, the defense is there. It's not like they put up 90 freaking points. You guys have got to relax. We're fine. Where did IU win the Kansas game, by the way? Chicken Little's everywhere after we lose to a ranked team who has quality wins including one over Arizona on a nuetral court, who is loaded. You guys are hilarious.

We were all over him defensively. Crean does a fantastic job (this year) of teaching/coaching close outs on 3 pt shooters. The kid was just en fuego. Nothing we could do. As far as the TOs, that's just Crean's style of play. He'll trade TOs (to some extent) for playing uptempo and extra possessions. We'll be fine. You'll see. The athleticism is there. The shooting is there. And this year, the defense is there. It's not like they put up 90 freaking points. You guys have got to relax. We're fine. Where did IU win the Kansas game, by the way? Chicken Little's everywhere after we lose to a ranked team who has quality wins including one over Arizona on a nuetral court, who is loaded. You guys are hilarious.

Paid for by The Committee To Re-elect Tom Crean

Martin was unconscious. What were we supposed to do. It happens. The kid is ridiculous. This team will be fine. Butler beat 'Zona. They're a very good team. It's not on Crean.

Get over 4 seeds being the absolute best we can do every March?

Why? And no.

I figured they were good because they beat Arizona.

All over him defensively?

They allowed him to catch the ball wherever he wanted. They did not fight through screens or switch properly. That is NOT good defense.

All over him defensively?

They allowed him to catch the ball wherever he wanted. They did not fight through screens or switch properly. That is NOT good defense.

IU's defense allows the offense to post up too easily and get the ball. The player then either scores, gets fouled or throws it back out to an open teammate for a 3-pointer. IPFW did it to us and we couldn't stop it until we began playing a zone. Unfortunately, a zone would not work against Butler because it has too many good outside shooters.

In my opinion, our bigs need to learn how to deny an opponent the opportunity to post up and receive the ball. Our players also need to do a better job of blocking out for rebounds. They usually leave their feet when a shot hits the rim instead of putting a body on an opponent.

Did't you post earlier that there was no chance IU would lose to Butler?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT