ADVERTISEMENT

My gosh..... It's only been approximately four hours of tournament play so far.....

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
.... and they might as well exchange the tennis shoes for ROLLER SKATES.

There are SO MANY travels it's crazy!!!! If they're not going to call the foot shuffling... might as well put skates on.

Also..... the double dribbles!!!!! Now they call it .... getting control of the ball, after a pass or rebound or anyother reason
they lose control of the ball.... but it is blatant Double Dribble.

Don't let me get into the Moving Screens and Carrying the ball!!!!

They've pretty much thrown the Rule Book out the door.... and in my humble opinion.... it has RUINED COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!!!

.... and they might as well exchange the tennis shoes for ROLLER SKATES.

There are SO MANY travels it's crazy!!!! If they're not going to call the foot shuffling... might as well put skates on.

Also..... the double dribbles!!!!! Now they call it .... getting control of the ball, after a pass or rebound or anyother reason
they lose control of the ball.... but it is blatant Double Dribble.

Don't let me get into the Moving Screens and Carrying the ball!!!!

They've pretty much thrown the Rule Book out the door.... and in my humble opinion.... it has RUINED COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!!!
Just like every other sport, (pro and college), they're promoting offense at the expense of the defense. Apparently they think fans only care about offense.

Wait till you get a load of Eddy’s ultra long-armed point guard. He’ll be doing his own little version of the Lido Shuffle every trip up the court.

• Haha
Reactions: Tscurlo and ulrey
Just like every other sport, (pro and college), they're promoting offense at the expense of the defense. Apparently they think fans only care about offense.
Problem is... its not even good offense. It promotes a bunch of hero ball. And defensively, your only recourse is to arm bar, grab and bump. Which also hurts the flow of good offense. I have really started losing interest in the game of basketball.

In one game saw a player dribbling the ball by bringing his hand from the side of the ball and twisting his wrist from the side to over the top of the ball, He did it with both hands. In my day that would have been a carrying violation. You had to keep your hand on top of the Ball through the entire dribbling process. Wonder how Good these kids would be if they were forced to play under the old rules.

Reactions: Tscurlo
In one game saw a player dribbling the ball by bringing his hand from the side of the ball and twisting his wrist from the side to over the top of the ball, He did it with both hands. In my day that would have been a carrying violation. You had to keep your hand on top of the Ball through the entire dribbling process. Wonder how Good these kids would be if they were forced to play under the old rules.
Imagine if they had to use a ladder to empty the peach basket

Indeed.

If the OP has problems with a couple
hours of traveling, double dribbles, carries, 3 seconds etc then get ready for the new reality of bought and paid for players in a cash based program that is laughably opposed to having a culture/identity and is solely concerned with wins at any cost.

And they ain’t even here today to carry the basketball “illegally.”

Bueller??? ………..

Embrace your future……

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT