ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Leary on Dan Dakich's 1430am show said this....

Indiana is not fun to watch. I have to say I agree with Todd. What excites you about this team? I can't think of one phase whether it's outside shooting, inside dominance, rebounding or defensive schemes. What say you?
  • Scoring inside by MR
  • Rebounding by KW
  • Steady improvement by MM
  • Scoring inside by KW
I am also thankful to God for every game that I get to follow.

Mike Woodson on his radio show: "We shoot tons of free throws (at practice), we shoot tons of threes. I can't explain it." #iubb

6:14 PM · Jan 29, 2024
·
Views
tenor.gif

Agree. And if I have the game on “in the background” what is the interest level in the 8 year olds playing in their driveway?
Kids don’t want the game ticket or jersey.
Adults don’t travel to watch the team, nor even Indy to Bloomington to see a home game.
Advertising is less valuable with few people listening.
This is a really poor product.
I have been gone from IU since I graduated in 1999 and got a job out of the state and haven't lived there since. I do go back and visit family. Three significant things happened since I graduated.

1) IU fired Knight and has never replaced him with anything consistently high performing. Thus, the program has suffered. This program brought a ton of national interest to IU for academics. Kids wanted to go there. Still do, but not like it was before 2000..
2) Purdue hired Matt Painter who has turned Purdue into the basketball program of the state
3) Purdue hired Mitch Daniels as President in 2013 and you've seen their academic programs strengthen.

Combine 2 and 3 and the demise of IU basketball and you get two programs and 2 schools going opposite directions. I see Purdue shit often here in NC. They are proud of it and rightfully so. I tip my hat to them. It's taken 20+ years, but they did it. They have become what we once were. The only thing missing is a banner and I would not be surprised if they get it this year. Lord knows they are due!

I tell you he tried getting Mack shots but they blew that up multiple times.
Sets are easy to defend. You have to have some ball reversal with a purpose, some weak side movement, get some people some shots without a dribble. It’s past time to play pairs with floor extension.

Indiana is not fun to watch. I have to say I agree with Todd. What excites you about this team? I can't think of one phase whether it's outside shooting, inside dominance, rebounding or defensive schemes. What say you?
Please give me directions as to how I get his program on my cell phone. Verizon guy didn’t get it for me. He got me radio.net app but can’t figure out past that. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Please give me directions as to how I get his program on my cell phone. Verizon guy didn’t get it for me. He got me radio.net app but can’t figure out past that. Any help appreciated. Thanks
I got a radio app on my phone and was actually listening to Dan's show while I was taking our recyclables to the community bin which is the Law here in PA. On the website for 1430 It says you can use itunes and iheart radio. There are other options here. https://www.indysportsticket.com/listen/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT