ADVERTISEMENT

To all those bashing Scott or melting down in general

Your sarcasm is noted.
Perhaps you've never met the man or are too young to know and appreciate his history:

As a Pacers’ head coach for 12
years, Leonard won 529 games
and three ABA championships.

Before coming to the Pacers,
“Slick” had an outstanding playing career on the high
school, collegiate and pro levels and was named as
one of the state’s “50 Greatest Players.” A two-time
All-American at Indiana University, he was captain
of the Hoosiers’ 1953 NCAA championship team. He
played seven years in the NBA with the Minneapolis/
Los Angeles Lakers.

Leonard is a member of the Indiana Basketball
Hall of Fame and was the first person inducted into
the Indiana University Sports Hall of Fame. He was
voted by a national sportswriters and broadcasters
association as the ABA’s All-Time Coach. Recently, he
was honored as a member of Indiana University’s All-Century Basketball Team.

He also is one of just six individuals in Pacers history
to have a banner raised in his honor. Hanging
from the rafters of Bankers Life Fieldhouse is a banner
honoring Leonard and his 529 victories as coach of
the Pacers.

What you have overlooked or forgotten is that "fred's right hand man"... before the ink was dry on his contract... went out and found the money and had the stones to fire AM in the middle of the pandemic year when nobody...and I mean nobody thought it would happen until at least after this year.

He then backed the Brinks truck up to Brad Stevens' doorstep but he wanted to stay in the NBA.

He then found the connection we have all wanted to make to our past success and wrapped him in an innovative package of former winning head coach and successful assistant coach also connected to our success.

A year ago; everyone that matters believed we would right now be awash in another AM team with no TJD, no shooters and no quality incoming recruits. Instead we have TJD, shooters and great recruits coming in.

Last night sucked and guess what...there will be another just like it along the way, but we are in far better condition than any of us had hoped to be a year ago.

Breathe
Good point. No Archie Miller.

I have no doubt Woody has several viable years, yet. The difference is, I think all the coaches listed above him started coaching at a much younger age. In other words, by the time they got to 63 they already were comfortable in their gig. Woodson, in contrast, is new to coaching college basketball. It's not the pros...no seemingly endless recruiting trips, only to have a snot-nosed kid decide to go to a college his girlfriend goes to or some other ridiculous reason like that. I hope Woodson finds success such that it makes his life more fulfilling well into his 90's. All those coaches you listed of longevity, they are some of the most successful in college basketball, finding that success at a younger age and continuing with it. How many less successful coaches are still at it in their gray hair stage of life? Let's hope he's successful and feeds off of the energy success stimulates.
Your comments point to why the addition of Dane and Thad were so instrumental. Woody has said the same. It’s the sum of the whole that will make the current regime successful.

As bad as that last game was, and it was abysmal, its only one game and it’s Coach W’s 9th. I’m not guaranteeing success but it’s way too early to give up.

Your sarcasm is noted.
Perhaps you've never met the man or are too young to know and appreciate his history:

Los Angeles Lakers.

the Pacers.
No one is arguing Slick wasn't great for basketball and a true legend. But go to podunck anywhere and ask them who he is. Then ask them if they know who Bobby Knight is.

Leonard was as Hoosier as you get, but the movie "Hoosiers" would never have been made without the Bob Knight coaching and winning championships at IU.

Last edited:
Your sarcasm is noted.

Los Angeles Lakers.

the Pacers.
You will have to trust me on this but I even knew what high school he played for without looking (same high school as Tommy John by the way). Still completely different level than Knight with respect to his impact on basketball in Indiana. Not claiming he wasn’t without accomplishments.

LMAO 😂
I have a close-up, framed photo of George Harrison's face on a desk. One time a younger person asked if it was me. Another one didn't know who it was when I asked. It is so obvious. It's a changing world...out with the old, in with the new. Related to that in a distant way, I hate that noise they play now before an IU basketball game. I'm impressed with the volume, the loudness, but it's just noise. Noise doesn't inspire warriors preparing for battle or players about to game. Good music that reaches into the soul is what motivates one to greatness. Who's in charge here?

I have a close-up, framed photo of George Harrison's face on a desk. One time a younger person asked if it was me. Another one didn't know who it was when I asked. It is so obvious. It's a changing world...out with the old, in with the new. Related to that in a distant way, I hate that noise they play now before an IU basketball game. I'm impressed with the volume, the loudness, but it's just noise. Noise doesn't inspire warriors preparing for battle or players about to game. Good music that reaches into the soul is what motivates one to greatness. Who's in charge here?
It sure ain't King Leonidas directing the band

It sure ain't King Leonidas directing the band
Had to Google "King Leonidas", not knowing WTF he was, is, or will be - King Leonidas' voice is quite powerful, which can be expected from a royal lion. His yell to 'stop that ball' is powerful enough to blow everyone away to the net from its hurricane-like force. (insert delayed laughter).

That they did for his first 25 years or so, then they changed while Knight continued to coach in accord with the promptings of his true self. If only we could all be so disciplined in our personal beliefs.
Being your true self isn’t a positive if you are a vengeful, spiteful, narcissistic megalomaniac…

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
Your sarcasm is noted.

Los Angeles Lakers.

the Pacers.

Hardly anybody is around to remember slick. He's boom baby guy for people in their 50s.

Rmk is more recent. A legend but also the reason for his own and our demise. His legend status was only used to hurt iu since he left. I still remember Tim and Karen's t tech stand on 135.

Urban meyer is gonna learn what happens to legends when they treat people poorly. He will have his praisers sure. The die hards. He will need them too bc most people are mot impressed w ahole behavior. I don't care how many kids games you win.

Hardly anybody is around to remember slick. He's boom baby guy for people in their 50s.

Rmk is more recent. A legend but also the reason for his own and our demise. His legend status was only used to hurt iu since he left. I still remember Tim and Karen's t tech stand on 135.

Urban meyer is gonna learn what happens to legends when they treat people poorly. He will have his praisers sure. The die hards. He will need them too bc most people are mot impressed w ahole behavior. I don't care how many kids games you win.
Your comments about RMK are too crazy to parse.

As for Urban Meyer his receivers blow. Do you find it hurtful he tells them they blow. The Jags sucked before he got there and are having more success this year then last-they won one game last season. He will still be Jags head coach next year.

Better to tell his staff their jobs are on the line and give them a chance to improve rather then stab them out of the blue once the season is over. Sounds like the same scenario as with Tom Coughlin. The Giants players hated him and the press hated him until the Giants started winning.. No guarantee that the same will be the case for Urban but he will not go down blowing sunshine. If he goes down he will go down fighting to do what he is paid to do.

Last edited:
Maybe we all did, karma from the previous 20, which I enjoyed immensely. Doesn’t mean the guy in charge wasn’t all of those things I mentioned…
Ah, you came back. Like a dog returning to its’ vomit. Let me correct your apparent misconception about my initial reply. I wasn’t referring to any kind of collective karma, just pointing out that you, as a fan, personally deserve the futility of the past twenty years because you’re obviously an ungrateful, self-righteous POS. Hope that clears it up…

Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT