ADVERTISEMENT

This sounds like a Biden special

Your kind blamed hundreds of thousands of deaths on Trump for a virus China cooked up. Also for countless other things.
I'm not sure who you're talking about when you say 'your kind.' Nor am I sure what you're referencing. I don't remember anyone blaming Trump for COVID, but I do remember people being critical of his response.

I also don't know what that has to do with anyone on this post. To paraphrase something someone posted yesterday, why does everything have to come back to Trump?

God, that's horrible.

Kind of a dick move to make a cheap joke/pot shot at Biden from this.
Six countries are involved in the air drop operation, and it's not clear yet which country's chute(s) failed to deploy.

At least five deaths from this incident, including two kids. Hundreds of thousands on the brink of famine. Horrific.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

How hopeless when the aid packages feel like bombs

I wondered if/when this was going to happen.

I've thought for some time, and had intended to see if @Aloha Hoosier had any insight, about two things we could be doing to provide aid to the Gazan civilians: one, putting a hospital ship just offshore and taking in the sick and injured and the premies and anyone else they could assist, and two, bringing in aid with amphibious landing ships, bypassing the border checks and the IDF. The pier they're now talking about would do the same thing as the landing ships, but it's going to take a month or two for it to become operational. They need to get aid in there in the meantime.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

I've thought for some time, and had intended to see if @Aloha Hoosier had any insight, about two things we could be doing to provide aid to the Gazan civilians: one, putting a hospital ship just offshore and taking in the sick and injured and the premies and anyone else they could assist, and two, bringing in aid with amphibious landing ships, bypassing the border checks and the IDF. The pier they're now talking about would do the same thing as the landing ships, but it's going to take a month or two for it to become operational. They need to get aid in there in the meantime.
I’m not surprised it happened. It’s a dangerous way to provide relief.

Hospital ships aren’t staffed and ready to go all the time. It would take a few weeks to get one ready and deploy it.

We have no ships that can go on the beach and have vehicles drive off them. Those were LSTs and we decommissioned the last one about 1995. Amphibious ships could do a supply mission, but everything would go ashore via helicopters, LCACs or LCUs. Amphips aren’t designed to carry the kind of supplies or amount needed.

Reactions: UncleMark
Hospital ships aren’t staffed and ready to go all the time. It would take a few weeks to get one ready and deploy it.

They should have done it several weeks ago then.

We have no ships that can go on the beach and have vehicles drive off them. Those were LSTs and we decommissioned the last one about 1995. Amphibious ships could do a supply mission, but everything would go ashore via helicopters, LCACs or LCUs. Amphips aren’t designed to carry the kind of supplies needed.

I assumed there might be a reason my idea wasn't workable when they started talking about the pier instead. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: manichi

man, the headline within the headline is why the holy eff are we having to drop food aid into Gaza six months after this war started?

They should have done it several weeks ago then.

I assumed there might be a reason my idea wasn't workable when they started talking about the pier instead. Thanks for the insight.
Wouldn't be all that popular. Medical staff is in military hospitals on or near bases in the U.S and overseas and are providing healthcare to US military and veterans. When we deploy these ships to a US warzone, we also call up reservists - who of course are probably working in civilian medical facilities around the US. Also don't know the current maintenance situations of the MERCY or COMFORT, which are the two active hospital ships. They could be in maintenance phases.

Reactions: UncleMark
I'm not sure who you're talking about when you say 'your kind.' Nor am I sure what you're referencing. I don't remember anyone blaming Trump for COVID, but I do remember people being critical of his response.

I also don't know what that has to do with anyone on this post. To paraphrase something someone posted yesterday, why does everything have to come back to Trump?
Biden did this. The man cannot stop killing. He better hope SCOTUS grants immunity.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC

I don't know..... if it was me, I might move out of the way of something dropping from the sky.

But maybe that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
You might not see it. I think it’s probably coming fast
Maybe. But if I'm in the flight path of an incoming plane - they have to slow down to do the drop, if they're coming in low - I'd get out of the way of the flight path.

Or, if they were dropping from higher up, there's plenty of time to get out of the way.

My guess is, they were trying to be the first ones to the packages and got smashed.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Maybe. But if I'm in the flight path of an incoming plane - they have to slow down to do the drop, if they're coming in low - I'd get out of the way of the flight path.

Or, if they were dropping from higher up, there's plenty of time to get out of the way.

My guess is, they were trying to be the first ones to the packages and got smashed.
ACME airdrop anvils.

Meep Meep

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and DANC
So you think our Air Force drops huge, heavy pallots, onto tent cities?
No. I'm not sure what happened, other than loose reports that a parachute failed to deploy. I don't know anything about the logistics of an airdrop like this. I'd guess that you'd drop something expecting it to land in a certain spot assuming the parachute would deploy and when that doesn't happen it'd probably land somewhere else.

For what it's worth, US Central Command said the airdrop that killed civilians were not caused by US airdrops.

Joe was there with Hillary. They were narrowly missed by a munition (pallet of toilet paper, rigged by Air Force DEI 'cruits)....

Ask him!

Joe knows things.
He lost a son in a failed toilet paper drop. Or maybe it was a best friend. It doesn’t matter. Point is he knows how they feel … and his corvette came out unscathed

He lost a son in a failed toilet paper drop. Or maybe it was a best friend. It doesn’t matter. Point is he knows how they feel … and his corvette came out unscathed
I know I’ve made light of these tragedies but it’s a war zone for gods sake and can be some complicated maneuvers. **it just happens some times.
Having said that, if you know that’s something is going to be totally FUBAR, rest assured that team Biden will be the team standing on the wall succeeding yet again!

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT