ADVERTISEMENT

**** this defense

Tom Allen is such a complete moron. He finally hires the right offensive coordinator and he nullifies it by hiring an idiot as a defensive coordinator. Guerreri is in charge of the secondary and the number of blown coverages this season has been disgraceful. Today it's been completely pathetic. And don't get me started on about his idiot son in law in charge of special teams.

Whisky’s QB was the worst IU has seen all season, even worse than Indiana State’s. Paddock is the 2nd string guy, and yet he looks like TB12 against IU. No pass rush, poor coverage, even worse tackling. Better tighten it up or this will be a loss.

Reactions: vesuvius13
This god damn defensive performance is uncalled for. We score more points in the first half than we have in years and we can’t tackle anyone. Where is Casey this week? What adjustments are the defensive coaches making in real time - none? The Ball State guy is starting his first game at illinois and looks like a fn conference player of the year candidate! This is the reason we Indiana fans throw our arms up and call for firing coaches every other week. That defense better have a 180 degree turn around this half.

Tom Allen is such a complete moron. He finally hires the right offensive coordinator and he nullifies it by hiring an idiot as a defensive coordinator. Guerreri is in charge of the secondary and the number of blown coverages this season has been disgraceful. Today it's been completely pathetic. And don't get me started on about his idiot son in law in charge of special teams.
Special teams made 3 mistakes already today - penalty on Lucas’s return, missed PAT, picking up a punt that would’ve rolled 10 or more yards. Special teams not excelling today.

Zero pressure on the QB. All time in the pocket. No blitzes. Just pathetic coaching. This defense is Allen’s. The offense has taken some steps and the defense can’t guard a wood post.
If this goes south in the second half, I think that is the final nail for Allen.

Zero pressure on the QB. All time in the pocket. No blitzes. Just pathetic coaching. This defense is Allen’s. The offense has taken some steps and the defense can’t guard a wood post.
If this goes south in the second half, I think that is the final nail for Allen.
That would certainly place Scott in a bit of a quandary. But it ain't over yet.

That's one of the worst defensive effort I have ever seen. The mental errors were bountiful and the team showed no interest in tackling. They also gave up on plays, and the yards after carry on the receivers was ridiculous. The defense backs are all soft and are playing flag football out there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Where is Casey? Is that Stanford transfer that plays on D hurt?
They passed so much Casey was kind of out of his element. I did notice he over-pursued on one play and the TB cut back for a long TD run.

I'm really surprised at how cad Carter has been. Early on this year he looked like he'd be more than adequate...maybe even a third team ABT type of guy. But....turns out he's slow as hell and can never hold the edge....witness the last play of the game. A guy like Lance Bryant last year was so much more effective, although limited in talent.

But most surprising was the play of Sharpe and Toomer in the defensive backfield. At times this year both have been effective. Saturday, they were pathetic. Toomer's been hurt, but he didn't appear to be hurting Saturday....he was just terrible.

And the strangest aspect of all of it is the play of Paddick. 5'11" guy, last year was his first as a starter at BSU. Had 18 TDs and 14 ints there. He did look great the last drive v. Minnesota when the starter went down. I thought that was a bad omen.......you could kinda see it coming.

Reactions: Vern Pain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT