ADVERTISEMENT

Third and 10 inside the 50

Jaylin up the middle for 2 yards forcing the punt.

C'mon Walt.
We can’t go downfield. The call there wasn’t the issue . . . not much you can do when it’s third and long. Defensively, we’re getting handled. They’re running it well and the ball is going over their heads. Not good on either side of the ball.

We can’t go downfield. The call there wasn’t the issue . . . not much you can do when it’s third and long. Defensively, we’re getting handled. They’re running it well and the ball is going over their heads. Not good on either side of the ball.

On the first drive of the game, it was 3rd and 10 from their 44 after IU moved the ball 31 yards.

Jaylin up the middle for 1 yard was a terrible call that set the tone for this game.

The call was the issue. Walt effed that call up.

On the first drive of the game, it was 3rd and 10 from their 44 after IU moved the ball 31 yards.

Jaylin up the middle for 1 yard was a terrible call that set the tone for this game.

The call was the issue. Walt effed that call up.
No, when it’s third and long, we don’t have much we can execute. From that spot, punting, flipping the field and playing D is the smart move. Unfortunately, our D has struggled.

No, when it’s third and long, we don’t have much we can execute. From that spot, punting, flipping the field and playing D is the smart move. Unfortunately, our D has struggled.

I don't know what game you're watching or if you understand football at all.

Just outside of FG range, you are not flipping the field. Especially so with a punter prone to boot it 60 yards for a touchback

From ESPN.

3rd & 10 at LOU 44​

(11:48 - 1st) Jaylin Lucas run for 1 yd to the LOU 43

Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't know what game you're watching or if you understand football at all.

Just outside of FG range, you are not flipping the field. Especially so with a punter prone to boot it 60 yards for a touchback

From ESPN.

3rd & 10 at LOU 44​

(11:48 - 1st) Jaylin Lucas run for 1 yd to the LOU 43
We don’t have much we can execute on third and long. I can’t type it any slower, even for you.

If Jaylin made the guy miss, it is a first down easily, probably at least 20 yards.
There was absolutely nobody else to that side of the field if he got through the hole.

He had to beat his man and couldn't do it. Walt had a bad game, but that play was execution.

Reactions: vesuvius13
... Walt had a bad game, but that play was execution.
I agree they had a decent shot at making that play go. I also agree that Coach Bell had a poor game. I also see it as one of his better games!

Fingers crossed Coach Bell continues to improve. I believe he has improved, and the offensive coaching of the players has improved. Which didn't pay off yet, yesterday, and that's a tough loss, but coaching up takes time. Yes, the best ones show results quickly, and Coach Bell hasn't shown yet to be one of the best ones. But I've seen improvement, I won't write him off. Coaches with good character get better, hopefully he's one. I'm seeing some results. At least reasonable oline play helps a lot.

Initially didn't see what Coach Allen saw in hiring him. But I am hoping that those who had Coach's ear turn out to be correct. Because I believe Coach HAD to vett the Ocoordinator hire very carefully, he had to know if he missed it was probably his last hire. I also believe Coach Allen's ethics have him digging hard so as not to be stealing his pay, but earn it. I'm pleased with the most recent coaching turnovers.

I'm pleased with the transfer portal performance. Portal is the new landscape. (See Colorado) I felt initially IU and Coach Allen were swinging and missing, and were NOT preparared for it. This year was a clear improvement. IU can get quality players, and many of them, every year from the portal if they work at it. That's a must. Coach Allen showed improvement there! Must be some NIL money helping players see the light and come to best place!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT