ADVERTISEMENT

These Chicago Cubs are really scrappy…

GiggityGoo

Junior
Mar 17, 2022
You will likely see them in the post season. Really solid starting staff, maybe the best defense in baseball. Good young hitters that know how to work counts. Suzuki and Hendricks are still on ice. Mervis and Morel waiting in the wings down in AAA.

They lack for star power but they’re just a really well built baseball team. Shades of 2015. Year before the real year.

What happens when they sign Shohei?

Relief pitching has been very solid. Starting rotation looks like it will need to be changed. Wesneski is really struggling. I am not sure they have enough hitting to contend but the defense and pitching look pretty good.

Relief pitching has been very solid. Starting rotation looks like it will need to be changed. Wesneski is really struggling. I am not sure they have enough hitting to contend but the defense and pitching look pretty good.
Wesneski ain’t long for this rotation. Hendricks will take his spot once healthy. Taillon and Smyly just need to settle down. They should be fine, they aren’t new to this.

I'm excited to see Suzuki and Henricks back in action. And I've been keeping an eye on Mervis and Morel down in AAA. Can't wait to see them in the big leagues soon!

What about the elephant in the room - Shohei Otani. Man, if the Cubs sign him, it would be a game-changer! Just imagine having a two-way player like Otani on our roster)

I'm feeling optimistic about the Cubs' chances in the postseason. It's definitely giving me flashbacks to 2015, and I'm hoping this could be the year before the "real" year of glory.

You will likely see them in the post season. Really solid starting staff, maybe the best defense in baseball. Good young hitters that know how to work counts. Suzuki and Hendricks are still on ice. Mervis and Morel waiting in the wings down in AAA.

They lack for star power but they’re just a really well built baseball team. Shades of 2015. Year before the real year.

So far they haven't sucked. I am very happy about that. Go Cubs Go!

Enjoy the 5-6 record while you can.
We all know what lurks.
Two words: June swoon.

Which begs the question, can a sub-500 team even swoon?

Steele gave up a couple of home run balls but nobody was on. Other than that he looked pretty good last night. Ian Happ had 2 home runs himself. For the life of me I don't know why the Dodgers left that relief pitcher in. He gave up 3 or 4 home runs. Cubs Win. Holy Cow!

Enjoy the 5-6 record while you can.
We all know what lurks.
Two words: June swoon.

Which begs the question, can a sub-500 team even swoon?
Often the swoon hasn’t waited for June … with the Cubs at the bottom of the table … with fans guessing who gets sold at the trading deadline. A little false hope can’t be all bad can it?

If only Marquee Sports Network wasn't so hard (or expensive to watch). Waiting for them to stop making it so difficult to watch, and trying to remember to tune in to online radio in the meantime. Even if Heyward is now playing for the Dodgers - he was my favorite from the "woah - they can play!" era.

Where ya gonna go?

I'm not sure I've seen a more tone deaf, DGAF ownership group.
Well, the Bengals ownership used to be even worse. I guess somehow they lucked into Joe Burrow, and maybe have now decided to compete. Maybe Mike Brown's kids are less cheap than Mike Brown?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I was shocked that the Reds paid Greene.
They really haven't paid him yet. The salary is backloaded with a 2M buyout clause and is incentive driven.

Salary
2023: $1,000,000
2024: $3,000,000
2025: $6,000,000
2026: $8,000,000
2027: $15,000,000
2028: $16,000,000
2029: $21,000,000

I was also shocked to read that Greene is the only player that the reds are obligated to pay after this season.

Reactions: Brockway

What happens when they sign Shohei? Ecco alcuni modi per annullare l'abbonamento a Eolo. Le opzioni per annullare il servizio internet di Eolo possono variare a seconda del metodo di sottoscrizione del contratto. Di solito, le opzioni per terminare il servizio sono. https://eolospeedprova.it/come-disdire-eolo/
It is likely that the team being referred to in the comment is a baseball team that has a strong starting pitching rotation and defense, as well as young hitters who are adept at working the count. The team also has some talented players in the minor leagues who are waiting for their chance to shine. Although the team may not have many star players, they are well-built and reminiscent of a successful team from 2015. The comment ends with a question about what will happen when the team signs Shohei, which is likely a reference to Shohei Ohtani, a Japanese baseball player who is known for his abilities as both a pitcher and a hitter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
It is likely that the team being referred to in the comment is a baseball team that has a strong starting pitching rotation and defense, as well as young hitters who are adept at working the count. The team also has some talented players in the minor leagues who are waiting for their chance to shine. Although the team may not have many star players, they are well-built and reminiscent of a successful team from 2015. The comment ends with a question about what will happen when the team signs Shohei, which is likely a reference to Shohei Ohtani, a Japanese baseball player who is known for his abilities as both a pitcher and a hitter.
This one needs it's operating system upgraded to the latest version.

Chicago radio hosts criticized the AAA hitter callup … as too late … opportunity lost … regardless The team in the friendly confines doesn’t look like trade deadline sellers this season.

Chicago radio hosts criticized the AAA hitter callup … as too late … opportunity lost … regardless The team in the friendly confines doesn’t look like trade deadline sellers this season.
They’re struggling a bit right now. To be expected. Hopefully Mervis gives them a boost.

[These Chicago Cubs are really crappy…/QUOTE]
Fixed it for you.

Damn scrappy. Worst record in the NL!

With a win tonight, 7 series victories in a row. Pretty good.

Very scrappy.

Y’all should have listened to me rather than discounting my excellent analysis as early as May.

I hope they sneak in and get the Phillies. I'm a Phil's fan and me and my cub fan buddies can have some fun with it.

I hope they sneak in and get the Phillies. I'm a Phil's fan and me and my cub fan buddies can have some fun with it.
Pretty much would have to get to the NLCS to get that matchup. Should the Cubs make the playoffs (and tonight's loss at NYM might have put a severe crimp in that, given CHC goes to TOR next, and that won't be pretty), their most likely opponent would be MIL (winner gets LAD). PHI pretty much is a lock to draw SF, then get ATL should they win.

Pretty much would have to get to the NLCS to get that matchup. Should the Cubs make the playoffs (and tonight's loss at NYM might have put a severe crimp in that, given CHC goes to TOR next, and that won't be pretty), their most likely opponent would be MIL (winner gets LAD). PHI pretty much is a lock to draw SF, then get ATL should they win.
Eh, there are a lot of games left. If the cubs get hot again they could pass SF and get the 5v4 against the Phillies. Or the cubs could pass Milwaukee and the Phillies could fall to 6 and play a series in Wrigley. I might try to get tickets if that one happens.

Eh, there are a lot of games left. If the cubs get hot again they could pass SF and get the 5v4 against the Phillies. Or the cubs could pass Milwaukee and the Phillies could fall to 6 and play a series in Wrigley. I might try to get tickets if that one happens.
PHI’s not falling to 6. Plausible CHC could make a run to catch SF (they do play at Wrigley next month). But they strike out way too much.

The real problem for the Cubs is the last week when they go to ATL and MIL. That’s where they’re gonna wish they hadn’t blown games like last night (not to mention a bunch of games they lost earlier because they had a closer who couldn’t retire a statue), since those are games they’ll likely have to chase. Doable? Yes. Difficulty? Very.

PHI’s not falling to 6. Plausible CHC could make a run to catch SF (they do play at Wrigley next month). But they strike out way too much.

The real problem for the Cubs is the last week when they go to ATL and MIL. That’s where they’re gonna wish they hadn’t blown games like last night (not to mention a bunch of games they lost earlier because they had a closer who couldn’t retire a statue), since those are games they’ll likely have to chase. Doable? Yes. Difficulty? Very.
That MKW series could be a de facto playoff series, which would be awesome.

I ain’t scared of no Braves (ok I am) we just took 2/3.

Reactions: SRIV94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT