ADVERTISEMENT

There is no place anti-semitism won't find us.

Traditions and customs. I stop believing in a deity long ago, for the exact reason that you brought up. Either there is no god in my view or if there is, he's an asshole of the highest degree. These thoughts are likely to offend people and I never seek understanding from others. But that is my rationale.

That being said, you can still practice and embrace traditions and customs (Rosh dinner, breaking the Fast, baking and dressing up for Purim, candle lighting for Sabbath or Hanukkah, etc).
No offense taken at all....you merely stated your beliefs and didn’t disrespect mine. Quite different compared to some statements on here meant to use someone’s faith as a club against them or to ridicule. I have a very close friend that doesn’t believe in a deity.... doesn’t mean you can’t be friends but it does take an effort when he drinks to not criticize.....but it’s worth the trouble :)

Traditions and customs. I stop believing in a deity long ago, for the exact reason that you brought up. Either there is no god in my view or if there is, he's an asshole of the highest degree. These thoughts are likely to offend people and I never seek understanding from others. But that is my rationale.

That being said, you can still practice and embrace traditions and customs (Rosh dinner, breaking the Fast, baking and dressing up for Purim, candle lighting for Sabbath or Hanukkah, etc).

Question, why would God be the bad entity in your scenario? He did not kill all those people, we humans did. We were given free will, it is up to us to make the right decisions.

God did not murder the Jews, the Nazis did. God did not write graffiti on Eppy's synagogue, some jerk human did.

Question, why would God be the bad entity in your scenario? He did not kill all those people, we humans did. We were given free will, it is up to us to make the right decisions.

God did not murder the Jews, the Nazis did. God did not write graffiti on Eppy's synagogue, some jerk human did.

He allowed someone to do it through their creation.

My problem is the two year old that dies of cancer, the tsunami that wipes out thousands of people, and other natural disasters.

The service at the synagogue this evening was a balm for my soul. It was heartwarming to see an overflowing crowd ( over 1,000 people) show their support. There were leaders from the Muslim community, Sikh, Christian, LGBTQ, and several other leaders spoke eloquently and passionately to the crowd. One of the speakers said that antisemitic hate crimes are up over 57 % the last two years and an unbelievable 100% in the Midwest. Did you know Indiana is one of only 5 states to NOT have a hate crime law on the books? Many spoke to that issue. Hoping Eppy will be on to add to this, as I'm sure I forgot a lot. It will be the top story on the local news tonight, if you're interested in watching, I imagine.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

It's the problem of evil, the oldest and most compelling argument against the existence of (the Western concept of) God. The idea is that an all-powerful and all-beneficent being would not allow such gratuitous evil to exist. Therefore, an all-powerful and all-beneficent being must not exist. The problem of evil can only logically be solved in four ways:

1. God does not, in fact, exist.
2. God does exist, but he is not all-powerful.
3. God does exist, but he is not all-good.
4. There is some greater good that outweighs the (apparently) gratuitous evil that we witness.

Last edited:
It's the problem of evil, the oldest and most compelling argument against the existence of (the Western concept of) God. The idea is that an all-powerful and all-beneficent being would not allow such gratuitous evil to exist. Therefore, an all-powerful and all-beneficent being must not exist. The problem of evil can only logically be solved in four ways:

1. God does not, in fact, exist.
2. God does exist, but he is not all-powerful.
3. God does exist, but he is not all-good.
4. There is some greater good that outweighs the gratuitous evil that we witness.

Does our recognition of evil as wrong suggest the existence of our innate inclination toward a greater good (eg, God)?

Does our recognition of evil as wrong suggest the existence of our innate inclination toward a greater good (eg, God)?
Sorry, I had a very busy weekend, and am a bit tired. Can you rephrase that? I'm not sure if you're asking about the actual existence of God, or rather about our belief in the existence of God.

Sorry, I had a very busy weekend, and am a bit tired. Can you rephrase that? I'm not sure if you're asking about the actual existence of God, or rather about our belief in the existence of God.
Doesn't the fact that people generally prefer good over evil suggest that we are specifically and intentionally wired that way?

Doesn't the fact that people generally prefer good over evil suggest that we are specifically and intentionally wired that way?
That's a possible argument. There are two other ways of viewing it, though:

1. What we consider "good" is simply that which evolution has predisposed us to, because it is most beneficial for the survival of our species.
2. "Good" is simply the label we assign to the behavior that we prefer. It's simply a matter of subjective judgment that one is good and the other is evil; there is no objective difference between the two.

1. What we consider "good" is simply that which evolution has predisposed us to, because it is most beneficial for the survival of our species.
2. "Good" is simply the label we assign to the behavior that we prefer. It's simply a matter of subjective judgment that one is good and the other is evil; there is no objective difference between the two.

No doubt there are other ways to look at it.

Glad to see you're still active here, Goat. I've been away and was worried when I read your post at the top of the WC.

No doubt there are other ways to look at it.

Glad to see you're still active here, Goat. I've been away and was worried when I read your post at the top of the WC.
I'm far less active, but it's only because I'm working like 80 hours a week right now. So I post at night before bed, and during the day from the toilet. :p

I'm telling you, though, putting a half dozen posters on ignore was the best Rivals-based decision I ever made.

tumblr_mejcjkwKYT1rgjcwbo2_250.gif

Happy to hear an arrest has been made. News conference at 1:00pmest. I knew this was coming a couple days ago but interested to hear the details. My understanding is it's a wife/husband tandom not a couple young punks. Mayor Brainard gave us a heads up a couple days ago. Seems this is a rare case of the authorities actually finding the alleged perpatratiors so I'm interested in hearing the details.

I'm far less active, but it's only because I'm working like 80 hours a week right now. So I post at night before bed, and during the day from the toilet. :p

I'm telling you, though, putting a half dozen posters on ignore was the best Rivals-based decision I ever made.
Glad to hear you're work's going well. Very well done. ;)

What does any of this have to do with Lucy comparing a star to genocide. Dumb
I reject the context of the posts he was responding too. Our resident spammer is trying to say it is endorsed by Trump. It’s just wrong and I reject a need to defend it. What Lucy is saying is hate is hate. The hatred right now on the left towards Trump is more loud than what you hear about anything else.

It’s rediculous.

I reject the context of the posts he was responding too. Our resident spammer is trying to say it is endorsed by Trump. It’s just wrong and I reject a need to defend it. What Lucy is saying is hate is hate. The hatred right now on the left towards Trump is more loud than what you hear about anything else.

It’s rediculous.

Nope. That's nothing close to what lucy stupidly referred. What you said has a sliver of merit. What lucy said was egregious. There is more than one level of hate unless you ha e little control of your emotion. Smashing the ground vs massacring people...not the same. I hate trump, I wouldn't declare all Christians voting for him to be killed. But hate is hate right?

Reactions: Lucy01
Nope. That's nothing close to what lucy stupidly referred. What you said has a sliver of merit. What lucy said was egregious. There is more than one level of hate unless you ha e little control of your emotion. Smashing the ground vs massacring people...not the same. I hate trump, I wouldn't declare all Christians voting for him to be killed. But hate is hate right?
I would not compare the massacre of 6 million people to destroying a Hollywood Star.... I don’t think Lucy really does either. Comparing the two is no comparison. Both come from hate and I think that is the point...

Reactions: Lucy01
Lovely artwork was found on the garbage shed at our temple. ****ing idiots. They only know hate.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/eppy991/library/

Wish I could figure out how to attach personal photos better.
I along with many conservative evangelicals stand with the Jews. Paul said salvation came from the Jews, meaning we have a Jewish Messiah who died for all humankind. We have the Scriptures who were written by those of the House of Israel. I can't think of anyone who takes the Bible seriously who does not love the Jews and the nation of Israel. We do so because God loves them. Years ago I preached through the book of Acts, and I noticed a pattern. Every time Paul went to a new place he first went to the Jewish Synagogue. He did this because God wanted him to since God has never forsaken His chosen people, those who are Jewish. Any group of people who are against Israel, against the Jews, who do not pray for the peace to come their way finds themselves against the Will of God. I've been on vaction this last week and had not heard about this story. Thanks for bringing it up.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
But you believe they will all go to hell if they don't accept Jesus...so your support is disingenuous. Tell us what happens next...at the rapture if all the Jewish people don't accept Jesus as their savior.

I along with many conservative evangelicals stand with the Jews. Paul said salvation came from the Jews, meaning we have a Jewish Messiah who died for all humankind. We have the Scriptures who were written by those of the House of Israel. I can't think of anyone who takes the Bible seriously who does not love the Jews and the nation of Israel. We do so because God loves them. Years ago I preached through the book of Acts, and I noticed a pattern. Every time Paul went to a new place he first went to the Jewish Synagogue. He did this because God wanted him to since God has never forsaken His chosen people, those who are Jewish. Any group of people who are against Israel, against the Jews, who do not pray for the peace to come their way finds themselves against the Will of God. I've been on vaction this last week and had not heard about this story. Thanks for bringing it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
But you believe they will all go to hell if they don't accept Jesus...so your support is disingenuous. Tell us what happens next...at the rapture if all the Jewish people don't accept Jesus as their savior.
Jesus came to be the light. John 8:12 says Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Christ died for the sins of the world which includes Jews and Gentiles. John 1:11 says He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Christ first came and offered Himself to the Jews. But they rejected Him. After the Lord was resurrected Peter makes an offer (Acts 2)to the Jews by saying it is not too late for them to receive Christ after rejecting Him. As I said before as Paul went to every town or village he first went to the Jews. Why? It's because God still offers salvation to the Jews even though they rejected the Lord Jesus. Jews and Gentiles are in the same boat. We all have sinned before God (Romans 3:23) and are guilty before Him. The only way out of our legal predicament is Jesus. So it's not just the Jews but also Gentiles who must come to the Lord. I believe after the Rapture God will send His two witnesses (Rev 11) to preach and many Jews will be saved. When Jesus returns to the Earth to set up His 1,000 yr reign all of Israel will believe in Him. The Prophet Zechariah says of this day in Zechariah 12:9-10 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem. "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. Israel will finally as a nation believe in the Messiah Jesus. They rejected the first offer, but when He comes back they will accept him. Until that day comes the mission of the Church is to preach the Gospel and call people to this faith in Jesus that saves them from their sins. It's not unloving to preach. It's the most gracious thing to do.

Lovely artwork was found on the garbage shed at our temple. ****ing idiots. They only know hate.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/eppy991/library/

Wish I could figure out how to attach personal photos better.
Epp, that’s really sucks! Wish I lived close, I’d be over to help clean that garbage up. No excuse for this act or mentality. Would love to catch them in the act.

Reactions: Eppy99
Jesus came to be the light. John 8:12 says Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Christ died for the sins of the world which includes Jews and Gentiles. John 1:11 says He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Christ first came and offered Himself to the Jews. But they rejected Him. After the Lord was resurrected Peter makes an offer (Acts 2)to the Jews by saying it is not too late for them to receive Christ after rejecting Him. As I said before as Paul went to every town or village he first went to the Jews. Why? It's because God still offers salvation to the Jews even though they rejected the Lord Jesus. Jews and Gentiles are in the same boat. We all have sinned before God (Romans 3:23) and are guilty before Him. The only way out of our legal predicament is Jesus. So it's not just the Jews but also Gentiles who must come to the Lord. I believe after the Rapture God will send His two witnesses (Rev 11) to preach and many Jews will be saved. When Jesus returns to the Earth to set up His 1,000 yr reign all of Israel will believe in Him. The Prophet Zechariah says of this day in Zechariah 12:9-10 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem. "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. Israel will finally as a nation believe in the Messiah Jesus. They rejected the first offer, but when He comes back they will accept him. Until that day comes the mission of the Church is to preach the Gospel and call people to this faith in Jesus that saves them from their sins. It's not unloving to preach. It's the most gracious thing to do.
Oy

Reactions: DrHoops
Yeah, but what about all the bastards that die before all that shit happens?
Are you asking about what happens to people before Jesus died? Jesus said Abraham was still alive to the Sadducees in Mark 12. You have Moses and Elijah who were shown in Matthew 17. So you have people here who are believers. There were believers before Jesus walked the Earth. Abram who later was renamed Abraham became a believer. These people put their trust in the Lord before Jesus' ministry. In fact you have many from Genesis to Malachi who trusted in the Lord. They knew there was a promised Messiah coming and they put their trust looking forward. What we are called to do today is to put our trust in Jesus looking back and believing the Gospel, the good news. The truth is if God did nothing then all of us would be without hope. We have all sinned before Him Romans 3:23 says. Yet even though the wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord according to Romans 6:23. I am doing a set of sermons and studied all the passages which speak about the Messiah and the offices the Messiah would inhabit. He would be a prophet, priest, and King. All wrapped up into one person is the salvation we need. And not only was He those things, He was God in the flesh. I'm excited to speak to people this weekend about the truth about who Jesus is.

Are you asking about what happens to people before Jesus died? Jesus said Abraham was still alive to the Sadducees in Mark 12. You have Moses and Elijah who were shown in Matthew 17. So you have people here who are believers. There were believers before Jesus walked the Earth. Abram who later was renamed Abraham became a believer. These people put their trust in the Lord before Jesus' ministry. In fact you have many from Genesis to Malachi who trusted in the Lord. They knew there was a promised Messiah coming and they put their trust looking forward. What we are called to do today is to put our trust in Jesus looking back and believing the Gospel, the good news. The truth is if God did nothing then all of us would be without hope. We have all sinned before Him Romans 3:23 says. Yet even though the wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord according to Romans 6:23. I am doing a set of sermons and studied all the passages which speak about the Messiah and the offices the Messiah would inhabit. He would be a prophet, priest, and King. All wrapped up into one person is the salvation we need. And not only was He those things, He was God in the flesh. I'm excited to speak to people this weekend about the truth about who Jesus is.
He was clearly not asking about them. He was obviously asking about all the poor Jews who lived and died without accepting Jesus between Jesus' death and the Second Coming. Two thousand and counting years worth of Jews. What about them? What about the 6 million Jews who died in the Holocaust without accepting Jesus? What is their fate? I'm fairly certain that's what Mark wants to know, since that's what he was clearly referring to.

He was clearly not asking about them. He was obviously asking about all the poor Jews who lived and died without accepting Jesus between Jesus' death and the Second Coming. Two thousand and counting years worth of Jews. What about them? What about the 6 million Jews who died in the Holocaust without accepting Jesus? What is their fate? I'm fairly certain that's what Mark wants to know, since that's what he was clearly referring to.
I think I answered it. People, all people have to receive Jesus as Savior to be saved. It's because He truly is the Savior. Now if He wasn't then people would have their own preference. The reason why everybody needs to be saved is because we all have sinned before God. The only way to get out of going to court and being found guilty is for another to pay the price that is ours. That's why Jesus died. BTW, did you know that Jesus is called the Advocate for the believer? As you know the word, "Advocate" is just another word for lawyer. Just think the only Savior of humankind is a lawyer!!! 1 John 2:1-2 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

I think I answered it. People, all people have to receive Jesus as Savior to be saved. It's because He truly is the Savior.
So "all the poor Jews who lived and died without accepting Jesus between Jesus' death and the Second Coming" are phvcked then. So much for being the Chosen People.

So "all the poor Jews who lived and died without accepting Jesus between Jesus' death and the Second Coming" are phvcked then. So much for being the Chosen People.
You're overcomplicating this. First, those who lied about having accepted Jesus (aka Republicans) were accepted and forgiven for their lies, even they never honestly accepted Jesus. Second, Republicans were all given a second chance at the Gates to either accept or lie that they accept. So it's only the poor, dumb, stubborn Jews (aka Democrats) who were phuqued.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT