ADVERTISEMENT

The Tail is wagging...

Terrible. Bombing Damascus right now. Innocent Syrian civilians will perish. Imagine what will happen should a bird get shot down! Not impossible and would lead to a serious conflict.
This is a multinational response to the Syrian government gassing to death innocent Syrian civilians. Unlike the Syrian government’s apparently deliberate targeting of civilians, the US and our allies are doing all they can to avoid civilian deaths - as we always do.

This is a multinational response to the Syrian government gassing to death innocent Syrian civilians. Unlike the Syrian government’s apparently deliberate targeting of civilians, the US and our allies are doing all they can to avoid civilian deaths - as we always do.

Will punishing Assad lead to a decrease in violence, death, and destruction? Logic suggests it will have the opposite effect. This will not help the Syrian people.

Will punishing Assad lead to a decrease in violence, death, and destruction? Logic suggests it will have the opposite effect. This will not help the Syrian people.
It might prevent Assad from killing more of his country’s people with chemical weapons.

Reactions: 76-1

Well, it will be more helpful than being on his team...you know, helping gas and bomb his own people like the Iranians are doing.

Reactions: Lucy01
It might prevent Assad from killing more of his country’s people with chemical weapons.

40 allegedly died in that incident. How many hundreds of thousands of civilians died over the course of the Syrian conflict? Continuation of the conflict is not in anyone's interest.

I have no issue with the attack itself, but I do still believe it should have required a congressional vote.

No issue? Where is the UN authorization? Where is the proof of who committed this atrocity? Why do we strike today when the independent experts are arriving on scene tomorrow. That's absolutely despicable. It's a replica of Iraq.

How do you want it concluded?

Even if Assad committed these atrocities, the sad reality is that doing nothing was probably the best course of action. So we punish Assad tonight, but how many needless deaths will result from allowing this conflict to fester? The rebels and their families fled Douma on buses, and Assad was finishing his mop up. And now, what happens?

No issue? Where is the UN authorization? Where is the proof of who committed this atrocity? Why do we strike today when the independent experts are arriving on scene tomorrow. That's absolutely despicable. It's a replica of Iraq.
UN authorization? Are you serious? How in the world would that ever happen given that Assad is so far up Putin’s butt he can smell the Volga?

Last edited:
Even if Assad committed these atrocities, the sad reality is that doing nothing was probably the best course of action. So we punish Assad tonight, but how many needless deaths will result from allowing this conflict to fester? The rebels and their families fled Douma on buses, and Assad was finishing his mop up. And now, what happens?

Did not Russia veto a U.N. investigation? You had mentioned the Brits backing off, they must have changed their mind?

Uh oh...Hoosier_Hack is going to have to change his avatar of giving the Eiffel Tower the finger. Guess France is right with us on this. ;)

Reactions: Bill4411
Did not Russia veto a U.N. investigation? You had mentioned the Brits backing off, they must have changed their mind?

We voted against 2 UN resolutions as well. Why could we not wait to allow the independent experts investigate TOMORROW??

We have France and Britain on board. Germans, Dutch, others, said way too fast. Not enough evidence. Just as in Iraq, experts about to investigate and we act without conclusive evidence.

We voted against 2 UN resolutions as well. Why could we not wait to allow the independent experts investigate TOMORROW??

We have France and Britain on board. Germans, Dutch, others, said way too fast. Not enough evidence. Just as in Iraq, experts about to investigate and we act without conclusive evidence.

I do not know what intel we have, you may be correct. But this last attack is hardly the first chemical attack in Syria. I guess the rebels could have gassed themselves dozens of times?

These military generals are the best trained and educated leaders in the world. Handling themselves very well tonight.

James Mattis opposed tonight's actions according to BBC North America. Overuled by Trump and Bolton. Non-military demanding military options that military is opposed to is a recipe for disaster.

Trump says idiotic things.
True but the decisions are reasonable. Tax reform, deregulation, NAFTA, TPP NATO, Russian sanctions and a willingness to meet with North Korea. This is a very different Presidency than we have ever seem. I think collusion is in the rearview mirror.

Allegedly 40 lives lost in that attack. 300-400THOUSAND civilians dead over the course of the Syrian conflict. Yup, let's extend this ad infinitum.

Boots on the ground now?

Again, you’ve lost your mind Toast.

You want a war stopped without anybody using military force or impacting civilians.

Mind.
Lost.

“Sprinkle victory dust and dance the happy dance!”

Reactions: Lucy01 and 76-1
James Mattis opposed tonight's actions according to BBC North America. Overuled by Trump and Bolton. Non-military demanding military options that military is opposed to is a recipe for disaster.

Guess a tweeting twit should be believed over what the SecDef is saying at this moment and over what the actual strike appears to be. Thanks fir relaying the twit’s tweet.

True but the decisions are reasonable. Tax reform, deregulation, NAFTA, TPP NATO, Russian sanctions and a willingness to meet with North Korea. This is a very different Presidency than we have ever seem. I think collusion is in the rearview mirror.
I think Trump is a despicable human, but I can’t disagree with everything he’s done or agree with everything. Some I’m good with, some I’m not.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT