ADVERTISEMENT

The Southern border boogeyman

Certainly not all, but for some they are fleeing narco gangs. I am not sure Mexico is safe for them.

For most from Venezuela I don't think that is the case, they are fleeing communism. Mexico would be good for them I would think. They just may recall the old days where Cubans fleeing communism could stay if they made it.
The people of Venezuela are largely to blame for their country turning into a cesspool. They can eat the problems they created. Along with them, most of the people crossing the border are coming from counties whose ideology isn't compatible with American values or our political system.

We live in a competitive world with dwindling resources. We can't take them. They aren't my responsibility or any other Americans responsibility. They will keep coming until our social safety net and economic systems collapses. What good will that do anyone?

They don't know it, but they are active participants in the implementation of Cloward-Piven strategy.

If the left wants these damn immigrants so much, then maybe everyone who votes D be obligated to house them.

The fact is, these people have countries. They should stay and work to improve them. Unless these places really are shitholes. But that can't be true. Right?

If the left wants these damn immigrants so much, then maybe everyone who votes D be obligated to house them.

The fact is, these people have countries. They should stay and work to improve them. Unless these places really are shitholes. But that can't be true. Right?
The response you’ll get is “yeah, their countries may be shitholes but that’s actually OUR fault”, or something along those lines.

Jesus Christ. And you Trumpers call liberals snowflakes. I'm not sure how you guys work while your vaginas are so filled with sand.

Stewart is a funny comedian. Sometimes he makes good points. Sometimes he misses. That's all. Thread done.

people with limited education, no practical experience, who live in a bubble opining on policy
Stewart graduated from William and Mary. No grad school but id hardly call him."limited". Also was a 3 year starter on their soccer team.

And you guys need to quit the bs. He had a segment a couple weeks ago criticizing Biden and you guys lapped it up. He is political satirist. Sometimes times you'll laugh and agree. Sometimes you won't. Thread done.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory

Seems like the right wants them too since they wouldn't pass the border bill.

And saying people should house them just because they don't buy into republican fear mongering is a joke

The people of Venezuela are largely to blame for their country turning into a cesspool. They can eat the problems they created. Along with them, most of the people crossing the border are coming from counties whose ideology isn't compatible with American values or our political system.

We live in a competitive world with dwindling resources. We can't take them. They aren't my responsibility or any other Americans responsibility. They will keep coming until our social safety net and economic systems collapses. What good will that do anyone?

They don't know it, but they are active participants in the implementation of Cloward-Piven strategy.
If maga and the right represent American values then maybe it is time for change.

I grew up learning that America was melting pot and welcoming to all. Maybe you should read the message on the Statue of Liberty

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
If you don't preaching to the brainless that nothing but criminals and terrorists are coming across the border illegally isn't fear mongering, you're not smart to understand what Trump is saying.

Trump spews it because he knows a large partition of his base believes it. You'll argue that you don't but still vote for him.
You’re either lying or misinformed about what Trump said.

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Oh man hoot. I don’t know. I’m not sure that’s a connection I’d make. My guess is more than immigration they don’t like the price of Oreos

MM66, realize polls showing Blacks and Hispanics turning to Trump defies the traditional thinking that the Dems have a lock on these voters.

Nevertheless, it is happening.

The question is why, and this piece agrees with me. The reason being Trump's position on immigration and attacking Biden's so called open borders.

The piece entitled Blacks and Hispanics Are Turning to Trump—Thanks to Biden's Open Border in part has this to say...

But it's not just Black Americans. Hispanic voters, too, are poised to give Trump historically high numbers. And of course, it's not just the injustice. Top of mind for many minority voters flipping for Trump is immigration. For all the talk of the white working class being Trump's base, it's minorities who have been asked to bear the brunt of President Biden's open border policy. It's our communities where these migrants are settled, our children's already struggling schools where their children are placed, and our already devalued jobs that they are now competing for.

It would seem they don’t.

But, the stats the retired border intel officer are pretty disturbing. 13% of crossers being a threat to the country compared to 87% that want to better their lives. 13% of a big number is a damned big number.
Is convicted the key word there? I wonder if numbers of crimes without convictions are up?

Stewart graduated from William and Mary. No grad school but id hardly call him."limited". Also was a 3 year starter on their soccer team.

And you guys need to quit the bs. He had a segment a couple weeks ago criticizing Biden and you guys lapped it up. He is political satirist. Sometimes times you'll laugh and agree. Sometimes you won't. Thread done.
I only see a clip here and there. I don’t watch any of those shows. Don’t care for it. But if he goes after both sides then I was wrong.

And I know about him playing at William and Mary. I’ve played there. One of the first schools to get turf. Most excited I’d ever been bc I loved indoor. My coach came up to me before the game and said If he sees my foot on top of the ball one time I’ll sit. We had the kickoff and our forward passed it back to me and I settled it under my foot. Coach pulled me. I literally played 2 seconds.

Beautiful campus. Public school. Not sure many realize that.

• Haha

Soccer player? I didn’t think he could be any more of a douchebag than he already is. Explains a lot.

are you able to count? can you tell the difference in numbers between the biden admin and trump admin? do you understand title 42 as well as the remain in mexico policy? or are you just doing your usually blabbering forgetting what board you stumbled on?
Trump ran on it in 2016. You acting like this is all Biden is stupid.

Are you sure you understand the policies you cited?

Title 42 was a result of COVID. So you're against COVID policies that restrict you, just not others. Got it.

Remain in Mexico, the presumption is they're here legally. That's not to say it isn't something that should be addressed, but there is also evidence that the numbers jumped drastically as Trump threatened to put the hammer down. Kind of like idiots who run out and buy more guns, ammunition or upgrades thinking they won't be allowed in the future. It was a literal run for the border.

Trump ran on it in 2016. You acting like this is all Biden is stupid.

Are you sure you understand the policies you cited?

Title 42 was a result of COVID. So you're against COVID policies that restrict you, just not others. Got it.

Remain in Mexico, the presumption is they're here legally. That's not to say it isn't something that should be addressed, but there is also evidence that the numbers jumped drastically as Trump threatened to put the hammer down. Kind of like idiots who run out and buy more guns, ammunition or upgrades thinking they won't be allowed in the future. It was a literal run for the border.

Numbers don’t lie.

so you don't want to learn. Just say you prefer willful ignorance. As i said the numbers don't lie
The opening paragraph was a page turner. I know there are more immigrants crossing the border now. I referred to it earlier in this topic.

You're deflecting. Trump ran on brown people immigration in 2016. This didn't start with Biden.

Cool. I don't subscribe to the Washington Post.

Again...you act like Biden started all this. You should now focus your criticism on those blocking legislation.

Be objective. Be fair. LOL
you're talking about mcm...fair and objective aren't in his wheel house.

They don't even want to bother knowing what the legislation said...their propaganda says it's bad so it must be bad. One poster the other day claimed it was for helping sanctuary cities lmao. They don't want to know anything outside of their bubble of propaganda.

They want to keep blaming dems when it was their side that blocked addressing the issue.

The opening paragraph was a page turner. I know there are more immigrants crossing the border now. I referred to it earlier in this topic.

You're deflecting. Trump ran on brown people immigration in 2016. This didn't start with Biden.

This might be free. You need to read more. This is like your crt isn’t in schools then we show you and you slither off. Get news from more sources.

This might be free. You need to read more. This is like your crt isn’t in schools then we show you and you slither off. Get news from more sources.
LOL it was one, a charter school in New York. LOL School, not schools, and certainly not pervasive that it was an issue. More boogeyman talk! You're scurrrrred.

I read plenty. I just don't subscribe to the Washington Post or the New York Times. That link wasn't free either. Again, the opening paragraph is a page turner.

I already know December set a record for border crossings. I already immigration is an issue and straining portions of our country. I'm addressing the morons who think this is uniquely Biden's problem.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
LOL it was one, a charter school in New York. LOL School, not schools, and certainly not pervasive that it was an issue. More boogeyman talk! You're scurrrrred.

I read plenty. I just don't subscribe to the Washington Post or the New York Times. That link wasn't free either. Again, the opening paragraph is a page turner.

I already know December set a record for border crossings. I already immigration is an issue and straining portions of our country. I'm addressing the morons who think this is uniquely Biden's problem.
Uh No I linked all the states implementing it.
And the charts aren’t for just dec. It’s all of trump’s years compared to Biden. The numbers are staggering.

I don’t mind teaching you things but you have to at least try. Do you want to learn? You are wrong on damn near everything you write

Would you believe he graduated from Michigan?

200w.gif

Would you believe he graduated from Michigan?
He sounds like one of the guys on my frosh dorm floor (who had to drop Finite) explaining how it was statistically impossible for anyone to hit 10 FTs in a row because a player has never shot 100% from the line in their career and 10 out of 10 is 100%, so the streak would stop at 7 if he was a 70% FT shooter, resulting in missing the next 3.

Last edited:
Criminally underrated Sandler movie, assuming that's a thing for Sandler movies.

bionic GIF
It was decent. Been on the movie channels a bit lately.

Tries to paint the picture that, when you break it down, Jews and Palestinians really should and can get along... and that white rednecks and "corporations" are really the problem that should be blamed.

Which....when you think about it...

Has current mainstream "news" finally devolved into an Adam Sandler movie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT