ADVERTISEMENT

The Schlub look

It's not a huge deal to me, but I do notice that people have been dressing like crap at work ever since covid. We're a "business casual" office, but there are an increasing number of people coming to work looking like they just came in from weeding the garden, or worse. It's pretty shabby a lot of the time. I do miss when people tended to dress better, or at least dress appropriately for the occasion.

But, I retired today, so who cares?

Everyone should, for society’s sake.

I'm not a Dem so I'll defer to Ohio.
Star Trek Bullshit GIF

I think members of Congress should be reminded that the suit and tie they are expected to wear is technically a casual dress code already, and demand they start showing up in morning dress. If your jacket doesn't have tails, you don't get to vote.
And when you go to court, do you bring your wig with you?

Goat as Rumpole?
When I think of Morning Coats … I think of British Gentlemen … who at one time typically had enough wealth to avoid employment.

I think WW2 rationing brought on the more general use of lounge suits which used less fabric. Few, I expect would require a morning coat as business attire today. (Buckingham palace excepted).

I honestly don't know where I come down on this. As I'm writing this I'm wearing a suit because I have some meetings this afternoon that more or less require that, but especially since COVID, my non-meeting dress code has been WAY relaxed.

I do feel like the halls of the US Capitol should require more formal/dressier clothes. I don't care what John Fetterman wears on the campaign trail or back in Pennsylvania, but I don't think it's too much to maintain the expectation that you wear a suit and tie in official legislative duties.
Racist

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT