ADVERTISEMENT

The publisher of our local newspaper and I played our middle tees this morning

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
in our member/member tournament and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. He is 65 and I am 66, so I think it was time to move to the middle tees.

Many of our middle tees are where our back tees were until they opened three new back tees about six weeks ago. In other words, most of them still are very challenging for the average golfer.

I have no idea where my playing partner and I stand in the tournament. The final round is Sunday.

Reactions: stollcpa
Well, what happened Sunday? Don't leave us hanging.

We wound up finishing fourth overall. I should have parred a minimum of nine holes. However, my approach shots either frequently hit the greens and rolled into high rough barely off the greens or my shots remained on the greens and I wound up three-putting them.

I did not have a par or birdie the entire round even though I hit the ball fairly well. I think the medication I am taking for my prostate infection is having an adverse effect on my putting.

Well, what happened Sunday? Don't leave us hanging.

We wound up finishing fourth overall. I should have parred a minimum of nine holes. However, my approach shots either frequently hit the greens and rolled into high rough barely off the greens or my shots remained on the greens and I wound up three-putting them.

I did not have a par or birdie the entire round even though I hit the ball fairly well. I think the medication I am taking for my prostate infection is having an adverse effect on my putting.

Your ball flight into the green must be too low ... maybe consider a softer ball to get it to stop more on the green or consider new irons with a higher launch angle.

Or spend hours working on your lag putts and off green chipping so you can par those bad boys.

That's completely understandable @McNutt76. It must be hard to maintain your new erect putting stance with a prostate infection. I suggest a prostate / ED medication cocktail to get your putting groove back on.

Your ball flight into the green must be too low ... maybe consider a softer ball to get it to stop more on the green or consider new irons with a higher launch angle.

Or spend hours working on your lag putts and off green chipping so you can par those bad boys.

I hit a lot of really high 8, 9 and wedge shots into the greens and none of them held. As a result, I would either have a downhill putt or an extremely long one. Sometimes they were both long and downhill.

Our staff rolled our greens on Friday and they were totally different than the ones I had played all week while I was on vacation. I think they did that to trick us. Now, they are in the process of aerifying them.

You are right regarding my golf balls. I don't like to buy expensive ones because I lose so many on our course. I use Precept Laddie golf balls and have been doing so for years. Our former club pro recommended them to me and I instantly liked them. His daughter played college golf and used them while she was on her college team.

As for my irons, I use TaylorMade Rbladez and absolutely love them because they are forgiving and enable me to hit high shots with them. Because I can't use my lower body on my swing due to my bad knee, I have a different swing than most golfers. That said, I use hybrids instead of 4,5,6 and 7 irons.

I have a weird golf swing, but I still have accomplished a great deal playing golf over the years. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I still think my medications are causing it. I have an appointment with a urologist on Wednesday. Hopefully, I don't have prostate cancer. My father and his father (my grandfather) both had it.

Reactions: IUAPEX
That's completely understandable @McNutt76. It must be hard to maintain your new erect putting stance with a prostate infection. I suggest a prostate / ED medication cocktail to get your putting groove back on.

As I said on another post, I am seeing a urologist Wednesday. Hopefully, I will be able to stop taking my meds.

Reactions: Brockway
. I use Precept Laddie golf balls and have been doing so for years. Our former club pro recommended them to me and I instantly liked them. His daughter played college golf and used them while she was on her college team.

As for my irons, I use TaylorMade Rbladez and absolutely love them because they are forgiving and enable me to hit high shots with them. Because I can't use my lower body on my swing due to my bad knee, I have a different swing than most golfers. That said, I use hybrids instead of 4,5,6 and 7 irons.

I have a weird golf swing, but I still have accomplished a great deal playing golf over the years. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I still think my medications are causing it. I have an appointment with a urologist on Wednesday. Hopefully, I don't have prostate cancer. My father and his father (my grandfather) both had it.
What in the holy hell!

Thanks for the report, I think.o_O

If it's a suppository, his Dentist friend has just the insertion tool, and I'm sure is dying to help out his buddy!

I hit a lot of really high 8, 9 and wedge shots into the greens and none of them held. As a result, I would either have a downhill putt or an extremely long one. Sometimes they were both long and downhill.

Our staff rolled our greens on Friday and they were totally different than the ones I had played all week while I was on vacation. I think they did that to trick us. Now, they are in the process of aerifying them.

You are right regarding my golf balls. I don't like to buy expensive ones because I lose so many on our course. I use Precept Laddie golf balls and have been doing so for years. Our former club pro recommended them to me and I instantly liked them. His daughter played college golf and used them while she was on her college team.

Wait, you have a bad knee?

How in the bloody hell did that happen?

How did you hurt your knee?

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT