ADVERTISEMENT

The official NFL draft thread.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Would/Should they take him? I’ve seen him drop to the 2nd round for whatever that’s worth.
Given there’s no sports on tv I’ve been paying more attention to the draft than in recent years.

You guys excited for this draft?

the Colts like overall #1 picks at QB.

maybe learned their lesson with the one they didn't take in Elway.

should have called his bluff.

not familiar with Love, but not excited about Rivers.

Would/Should they take him? I’ve seen him drop to the 2nd round for whatever that’s worth.
Given there’s no sports on tv I’ve been paying more attention to the draft than in recent years.

You guys excited for this draft?
I'd take Love if he falls to us. I wouldn't say I'm excited for it, but I am hopeful Ballard hits on his pics. We need a stud WR. Or two.

I doubt he falls. I've seen Eason mocked to the Colts.

They obviously didn't much care for the guys they felt they had a chance to get at 13. That tells me that if they take a quarterback, it will be one of the lower ranked guys.

I'd like to see them get a young guy to sit for a year and learn from Reich and Rivers.

the Colts like overall #1 picks at QB.

maybe learned their lesson with the one they didn't take in Elway.

should have called his bluff.

not familiar with Love, but not excited about Rivers.
If I recall, Elway was threatening to play baseball, which gave him leverage.

Reactions: outside shooter
If I recall, Elway was threatening to play baseball, which gave him leverage.
I've hated Elway since that all happened and that was before the Colts came to Indy and I became a fan. I just thought he was a punk, and I still do.

Maybe, but I think we might be alright there with Doyle and Mo Allie-Cox. If a good lower-round pick is there as BPA I'm ok with it.
Maybe, but seems every year we have an injury at that position. We already know Rivers has a history of throwing to his TE's. I think its a need given our personel. I've also read it's a weak class for the TE's after the first 2-3 so it's possible the Colts might address the TE spot in round 2.

Maybe, but seems every year we have an injury at that position. We already know Rivers has a history of throwing to his TE's. I think its a need given our personel. I've also read it's a weak class for the TE's after the first 2-3 so it's possible the Colts might address the TE spot in round 2.
Maybe, and it's all speculation, and I agree we're a little thin at TE but 3rd string guys are always available if need be. But I don't see us addressing TE in Round 2 unless a BPA TE falls to us, and like you say the class is a little thin. No one jumps out as a great prospect there. I think we need OT to replace Costanza and WR more than TE in round 2. But again, Ballard always preaches BPA so I'm good with that however it shakes out. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Eppy99
Ok.....interesting possibility. I agree with Holder, it doesn’t mean they will do it but at least we have a GM who’s ready to pull the trigger if the right player falls.

So let’s speculate for fun. Your Chris Ballard, what position or player are you hoping might fall?

So let’s speculate for fun. Your Chris Ballard, what position or player are you hoping might fall?
I think they get another two years out of Castonzo, but I think if a stud DE or LB who can play the edge falls they might take a serious look. This could be Houston's last year in Indy if the price isn't right to re-sign him. So maybe AJ Espenesa from Iowa or Gross-Matos from PSU. I'd like to grab Michael Pittman from USC with one of our 2nd round picks. He sounds like the receiver most ready to make an impact that won't go in the top half of the 1st round.

I think the other question that might need to be answered is do the Colts see Malik Hooker has the long term answer at safety? He has a contract option coming up. There's some good CB and safeties at the bottom of the 1st round that might slide into round 2.

I think the other question that might need to be answered is do the Colts see Malik Hooker has the long term answer at safety? He has a contract option coming up. There's some good CB and safeties at the bottom of the 1st round that might slide into round 2.
They've reportedly been entertaining trade talks for Hooker and also Quincy Wilson.

They've reportedly been entertaining trade talks for Hooker and also Quincy Wilson.
Hooker is still on his rookie contract, which means he's pretty cheap. I'd prefer to keep him and draft another DB as another cheap replacement then get what a 5th round pick or whatever he might be worth.

Yeah I think the writing was on the wall with Hooker that they aren't sold on him because they haven't picked up his 5th year option as a 1st round pick. We'll see.

Here we go...it starts now...

I'm stuck watching the ABC broadcast. So far this is horrible television. I know we've had no sports and now I'm complaining...but really this is bad.

I'm stuck watching the ABC broadcast. So far this is horrible television. I know we've had no sports and now I'm complaining...but really this is bad.

I take that back. They are different.
I find it interesting to think about long term changes in all aspects of life that will occur when and if we ever come out of the virus situation.
I think the addiction to viewing sporting events may wane for some.
Like you said, we haven't had any sports for quite some time, but this draft doesn't have my full attention.
It drags on way to slowly, 10 minutes is an eternity, just make the picks and get it over with already.

Reactions: largemouth
I take that back. They are different.
I find it interesting to think about long term changes in all aspects of life that will occur when and if we ever come out of the virus situation.
I think the addiction to viewing sporting events may wane for some.
Like you said, we haven't had any sports for quite some time, but this draft doesn't have my full attention.
It drags on way to slowly, 10 minutes is an eternity, just make the picks and get it over with already.
i'd watch ESPN, but I cut the cord and haven't looked back.

Reactions: Brockway
Unless someone trades up I see Jordon Love droppig to 34. Watch the Saints draft him now.

Here we go. The Colts are about to add players. Now it gets interesting.

I didn't know ABC was covering the draft too, just thought it was just on ESPN. I'll check out which of the two are less annoying.

The Colts just clearly got better. That's what you want to see with picks in the first few rounds.

Here we go. The Colts are about to add players. Now it gets interesting.

I didn't know ABC was covering the draft too, just thought it was just on ESPN. I'll check out which of the two are less annoying.
Going with ESPN - they have the more epic theme music running. Love that music they play during their NFL coverage. Brings to mind all those broadcasts with Boomer and Tom Jackson on Sunday nights.

EWaCADtWsAIAWF-

RB. Didn't see that happening. Dude is good but has a lot of miles on him. They must not be planning on re-signing Mack.

That pick came out of left field, to me.

So the Colts trade out of their 75th pick with Detroit. Now we enter into those later rounds where good GMs earn their keep, and we'll see what Ballard comes up with.

RB. Didn't see that happening. Dude is good but has a lot of miles on him. They must not be planning on re-signing Mack.

That pick came out of left field, to me.
Taylor is a CLASSIC Ballard pick. High intelligence, high character, extremely productive, and extremely durable. When you couple that with the fact that he was actually the fastest running back in this draft, it should have been obvious that he was a possibility.

Although I admit, it was a surprise to me as well. I think we had other more pressing needs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT