ADVERTISEMENT

The Official - INDIANA vs Iowa - Score Prediction Thread

Kind of a weird flex considering that if you look at last years rankings (you know the ones that will on the sidelines at Kinnick on Saturday) Iowa was 24 vs Indiana at 66.

My friend also wants to know if the recruiting rankings will be awarded points too ((you guys are Really making him nervous))🙄

Reactions: vesuvius13
Fact Check: Big Ten division records since breaking into East and West divisions……
East leads 65-59

Pretty darn equal. Only difference is Ohio State is dominating everyone in the conference and winning conference titles.

Sorry, Rutgers and Maryland have been by far the worst 2 teams in the B1G. So I would imagine the West has all but guaranteed themselves 4 wins annually just through those two. Indiana vs Purdue, Ohio State vs Illinois were canceled last year. There really isn't any way you can compare the two divisions. I'm sorry. Having to play Ohio State and Penn State every year while Iowa is playing......Wisconsin and ?? Northwestern? To sit there and pretend that's comparable is being disingenuous.

Kind of a weird flex considering that if you look at last years rankings (you know the ones that will on the sidelines at Kinnick on Saturday) Iowa was 24 vs Indiana at 66.
Yeah, Indiana had a very low class last year due to the limited number of players IU brought in. The B1G East STILL out recruited the West. ha You are proving my point.

Ugh I unfortunately think we will fall short.
IU 26 IOWA 30

I hope I get to eat crow. I gladly will!

O$U has now beaten 17/18 big ten opponents they’ve played, all of the games coached by Ryan Day, by double figures. Only IU last year lost by single digits.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Good news / bad news:

Good news: IU win 22-21
Bad news: Sheridan has trouble in red zone. It takes 5, including end of game winner, FG from IU’s all big ten kicker and only one touchdown from the offense (or a defense caused touchdown) to get to 22.

But a win is a win!

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Fact Check: Big Ten division records since breaking into East and West divisions……
East leads 65-59

Pretty darn equal. Only difference is Ohio State is dominating everyone in the conference and winning conference titles.

Ohio State by itself makes it unbalanced. Ordering by records looks more balanced now based on records since Michigan State has imploded and Iowa passing Penn State this past year. Before last season, Penn State was ahead of Iowa and a few years ago MSU was in Tier 3.

Tiers based on records since 2014 when divisions split
Tier 1: Ohio State
Tier 3: Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State
Tier 4: Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern
Tier 5: Minnesota, Nebraska, Indiana
Tier 6: Maryland, Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers

Note: MSU and Nebraska are falling like rocks. Indiana is slowly climbing

It's getting more balanced based on PSU and MSU having a bad year last season

If I had to do tiers now, it would be

Tier 1: Ohio State
Tier 3: Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, Indiana
Tier 4: Michigan, Northwestern
Tier 5: Minnesota, Michigan State, Maryland
Tier 6: Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers

The problem is that Maryland and Rutgers are recruiting pretty well, especially Rutgers. I don't think it will be long before they are noticeably better than Nebraska, Purdue and Illinois (if they aren't already this year). So the records from 2014 til now will probably be the most even split that we will see. Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland (the supposed bottom feeders of the East) are getting better. It looks like Nebraska, Purdue and Illinois will be the worst teams in the conference moving forward and they are all in the Big Ten west.

In a few years, it won't look equal based on trajectory of the programs.

Last edited:
Iowa 21 - IU 18

Two seemingly evenly matched teams, one with the home field advantage - advantage goes to Iowa.

I will be happy for IU to be 1-1 after these first two weekends, depressed as hell if 0-2, ecstatic to the point of giddiness if 2-0.

Regardless, this board has definitely drank the coolaid. I hope all the prognosticators are correct. But difficult for me to see IU rolling through Iowa.
It is a shame you are such a downer and can't look at the roster for this year. IU add very highly rated transfers that will make the team stronger than last year but I doubt any facts will matter.

• Haha
Reactions: kjcush and baileyiu
It is a shame you are such a downer and can't look at the roster for this year. IU add very highly rated transfers that will make the team stronger than last year but I doubt any facts will matter.
Ahh. September in Bloomington. She sums it up pretty good for our fan base. Maybe this season will be different.

Regardless, this board has definitely drank the coolaid. I hope all the prognosticators are correct. But difficult for me to see IU rolling through Iowa.

We're the higher ranked team....

We are getting points because we are on the road. If the roles were reversed, we would be giving the points.

We're the higher ranked team....

We are getting points because we are on the road. If the roles were reversed, we would be giving the points.
Hey man. We may very well win and blow them out. And I will be ecstatic. That said, don’t put too much stock into college football rankings in week 1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT