ADVERTISEMENT

The new freshman red shirt rule

mobilehoosier

Senior
Nov 17, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
I’m thinking we may have over thought the new rule. Feel like we may have left something out there. Wish we’d have played some guys earlier and more. May have been too conservative with certain freshmen.
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: td75
First one many would have suggested was Penix, to which I say he very well may have finished out PSU game, and had IU won (or even if didn't) may have taken over the helm at that time.

Per other FR, not sure that many have jumped out that didn't get more than 4 games that seem "like obvious choices" but keep in mind there are what 7-9 true FR who did blow past 4 games this season, so it's not like they were totally unwilling to play people.

I also think guys looking good in week 11 may be benefiting from a full season of practice & film and being fresher still, to finally get the time now in games and making the most out of it.

In other words, I don't really think any obvious "they should have been out there more" players have been held back. Love to hear who you think would be someone if you do.

Why was the new rule set at 4 games? Why not 2 or 5? Or why not just give everyone 5 years if they want it? Maybe more would graduate? I’m just curious?

Why was the new rule set at 4 games? Why not 2 or 5? Or why not just give everyone 5 years if they want it? Maybe more would graduate? I’m just curious?
Since it's an NCAA rule, you might want to contact them and share the results with us.

Gotta come up with some number. Who know how they decided on 4 as opposed to something else.

Your post did give me a thought, though -- what about a 5th year of eligibility to graduated players who enroll in grad school?

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT