ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

Hideki DQ’d after using non-conforming club on BG Hole 1.

Club guy put “white out-like substance” in grooves and on face of club. Grooves OK - face not OK.

It's been awhile degenerates. I haven't played golf in awhile and after taking a long time off from DFS football I made my comeback starting 3 weeks ago. Well, today I had my biggest win and should probably retire again from fantasy sports. Today I won the week 10 Draftkings Millionaire Maker. I've had a lot of close calls in golf, but honestly this was sorta our of nowhere. Since I won this contest I get automatically entered in the 200 person Football live final down in Miami. I have to figure out if the wife will let me go in person. WE're pretty care with the Covid protocols but now that our youngest just got her first shot, I'm hoping maybe the wife and I can head down to Miami together and do this live in person championship. Top prize takes 2.5 million! Hope you all are well! Wish we could all celebrate together! Peace out!
Did you ever make it to Miami for this?

Had our offseason rules meeting for one of our FF leagues last night and it got me thinking about the coming season and then I remembered this.

Did you ever make it to Miami for this?

Had our offseason rules meeting for one of our FF leagues last night and it got me thinking about the coming season and then I remembered this.
So as it turned out I didn’t qualify for the the fantasy football world championship. What I did qualify for was the the millionaire maker’s championship. It included all the winners of millionaire maker contests from the past year. The event was in Scottsdale
This past January. It was pretty amazing. The contest itself was championship weekend to decide who would play the Super Bowl. There were about 200 entries. The winner would bring home another million dollars. I decided i was playing for the million dollars and would be pretty contrarian to differentiate myself as much as possible with only a two game slate. As you may recall I’m those two games most people were betting heavily on Kansas City to beat Cincy and then you had the Rams/SF. I had decided I was gonna go heavy on players from the Rams and sprinkle in other plays. I can’t recall my entire lineup but I can tell you i faded some of the bigger Chiefs players and went with a Stafford OBJ/Kupp combo instead of using Mahomes/Kelce/Hill. This was the difference that almost allowed me to climb from near last place to almost winning a second million dollars. If you recall the Rams went bonkers late in the game. I was collecting points right and left from Kupp, OBJ and Stafford. I was gonna the 300 hard passing bonus, and I think 100 yard receiving bonus’s. I had a path at the end of the game to win the contest. The Rams were driving the ball and we’re actually feeding it to the Ram RB I needed points from (I think it was Akers). I needed a Stafford to Akers TD pass and I could win it all. It didn’t happen, but the biggest takeaway I’ll always remember from this game is the Rams we’re killing the clock with kneel downs. Because everytime a QB takes a knee you loose rushing yards I lost just enough of a fraction of a point to drop me down one spot in the standings. I think it was like 4th place to 5th place. That last kneel down cost me $20k. Oh well at this point I mess playing with house money.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
So as it turned out I didn’t qualify for the the fantasy football world championship. What I did qualify for was the the millionaire maker’s championship. It included all the winners of millionaire maker contests from the past year. The event was in Scottsdale
This past January. It was pretty amazing. The contest itself was championship weekend to decide who would play the Super Bowl. There were about 200 entries. The winner would bring home another million dollars. I decided i was playing for the million dollars and would be pretty contrarian to differentiate myself as much as possible with only a two game slate. As you may recall I’m those two games most people were betting heavily on Kansas City to beat Cincy and then you had the Rams/SF. I had decided I was gonna go heavy on players from the Rams and sprinkle in other plays. I can’t recall my entire lineup but I can tell you i faded some of the bigger Chiefs players and went with a Stafford OBJ/Kupp combo instead of using Mahomes/Kelce/Hill. This was the difference that almost allowed me to climb from near last place to almost winning a second million dollars. If you recall the Rams went bonkers late in the game. I was collecting points right and left from Kupp, OBJ and Stafford. I was gonna the 300 hard passing bonus, and I think 100 yard receiving bonus’s. I had a path at the end of the game to win the contest. The Rams were driving the ball and we’re actually feeding it to the Ram RB I needed points from (I think it was Akers). I needed a Stafford to Akers TD pass and I could win it all. It didn’t happen, but the biggest takeaway I’ll always remember from this game is the Rams we’re killing the clock with kneel downs. Because everytime a QB takes a knee you loose rushing yards I lost just enough of a fraction of a point to drop me down one spot in the standings. I think it was like 4th place to 5th place. That last kneel down cost me $20k. Oh well at this point I mess playing with house money.
Thanks.

Amazing run regardless.

I have no idea how to play them. If you got $120M just for signing up, how motivated are you to win or even try under adverse conditions?
Norman recently said their studies showed fans wanted team competition. So I can envision Ryder Cup-like events, where a LIV tourney is a day of individual scores, a day of team best-ball, and a day of alternate shot. Maybe differently-created teams each week? draws?

But you’re right - if you’ve already got $120,000,000 win or lose, can “the pride of winning” still produce the highest competition?

Change sux. Thanks, Obama.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
In and I appreciate your mistake last week.
Big winner by a wide margin. Congrats.

I was a little over-served on the 4th and realized that evening when friends had left that it was actually Monday and I needed to get the contest set up. The rest writes itself.

Still some spots left. Contest locks at 1:00 am EDT on 7/14

Nice checking the early standings to see Justin Rose WD’d. There’s my donation.
Harris English is +4 thru 3, T124. A WD at some point wouldn't surprise me if he can't get it together, so we may be in the same boat.

Apparently in the history of professional golf, here is the entire list of golfers who led after 54 holes, hit 18 of 18 greens in regulation in the final round, and lost:

Rory McIlroy, 2022 British Open
(end of list)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT