ADVERTISEMENT

The day Crean is finally gone...

notabout to shed a crocodile tear for someone who has made tens of millions of dollars coaching basketball. If he doesn't gently step aside this off season he deserves every bit of derision coming his way.
Do you honestly believe it's possible there could be any more derision he hasn't already been given?

Can someone just forward him the prophetic email by the Marquette fan? 17 years in so I'd say Tom ain't changing his spots.

Mizzou fan here.. I'm all for hating your coach (see Kim Anderson)

but what's the key reasons you guys are so down on Crean? Not backing him really just curious bc from an outsiders view he just won the big ten last year and this year beat U.K. and UNC before the key injuries took place?
Substitution patterns are horrible
Teams turnover rate is around 320 in the country
His teams play terrible defense
Even with a team with a high turnover rate he wants them to play faster.
He can't get past the sweet 16 even after winning the conference.
His out of conference schedule is embarrassing.

Substitution patterns are horrible
Teams turnover rate is around 320 in the country
His teams play terrible defense
Even with a team with a high turnover rate he wants them to play faster.
He can't get past the sweet 16 even after winning the conference.
His out of conference schedule is embarrassing.
Scott.....please remember this is business.....set the hook and close first.......We can send them a Thank You and Congratulations card after the deal is done....and before buyers remorse sets in.

Scott.....please remember this is business.....set the hook and close first.......We can send them a Thank You and Congratulations card after the deal is done....and before buyers remorse sets in.
i don't think he's coming regardless of your overtures. Apparently his ego didn't mesh with our AD's

Anyone that thinks it's a good idea to be disrespectful is likely not a true fan or one whose mother didn't raise them well. I'm 34 and have been ready for the Crean tenure to be over for awhile. Has he under achieved? Sure. Has he done some positive things? Absolutely.
It's okay to boo and not show up to games. Attacking the man and his family is deplorable and dirty. It's quite embarrassing to be honest.

Anyone that thinks it's a good idea to be disrespectful is likely not a true fan or one whose mother didn't raise them well. I'm 34 and have been ready for the Crean tenure to be over for awhile. Has he under achieved? Sure. Has he done some positive things? Absolutely.
It's okay to boo and not show up to games. Attacking the man and his family is deplorable and dirty. It's quite embarrassing to be honest.
this is true.....what is also true is that if Crean was offended by Missou's offer to the point of blowing up the opportunity....then we should be equally offended that he is still here.

this is true.....what is also true is that if Crean was offended by Missou's offer to the point of blowing up the opportunity....then we should be equally offended that he is still here.

Yeah, Crean offended us first!!!! That's not fair that their AD can get upset before Fred. Fred, let him have it!

Mizzou fan here.. I'm all for hating your coach (see Kim Anderson)

but what's the key reasons you guys are so down on Crean? Not backing him really just curious bc from an outsiders view he just won the big ten last year and this year beat U.K. and UNC before the key injuries took place?

Those two posters also forgot to mention miss management of a players roles . Examples. Being made centers into sg's ,even pgs...Turning forwards into guards or playing guards in forward spots (aka essentially making team a 4 guard line-up)

Lack of awareness in needed position when coming to recruiting...Forgetting were needing a point guard or center so, just doing it the tom Crean way and literally going without one the entire year.(or yearS*)

Lack of overall body of work recruitment.Too many 4 stars for a school like Iu ,not enough 5 stars, absolutely shameful in a state of almost certainly the countries number one breeding ground of bball players

Bad in state recruitment. See above

Lack of player development. Whether its the long term troy Williams ( 3 year prospects who continue to show a lack of fundamental abilities such as ball handling,turning the ball over, knowing their role as a player,etc)
Or the players like Oladipos and zellers who overall played down to their overall potential to the point if it being very evident once you saw how much better they became in the NBA after playin under Crean many years.
...Having two of the top NBA draft picks on your team yet failing to make it past sweet 16.(literally think about that for a minute)...
Etc etc etc

Lack of team development.
Failing to make it a point to get the ball to our centers in game. This has been a HUGE problem for both Bryant And Zeller,
Failing to create leaders for the team/to take the pressure off,creating chemistry,etc.

This is just one in depth aspect coming from nothin more then a aau player of the game for kix n giggles when I was younger . (aka no coach here/yet still very evident

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT