ADVERTISEMENT

The day Crean is finally gone...

I wish he would leave on his own. But if he does not I will hope the fan base has no mercy on him. I for one would tell him to his face to get the hell out we don't want him here. He is not a good enough coach for Indiana University.

Cut and paste:

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

Reactions: FamousShoes22
If or when he leaves everyone show some class and be respectful.

Agreed. I know many of us (myself included) have used this forum to vent, but when CTC leaves, he should be allowed to preserve his dignity and shown at least a modicum of respect.

Reactions: IUKC
I wish he would leave on his own. But if he does not I will hope the fan base has no mercy on him. I for one would tell him to his face to get the hell out we don't want him here. He is not a good enough coach for Indiana University.

Ah yes, attitudes like this, those other coaches are beating down our doors to coach at IU.

Reactions: echs86
Later clappy! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! Classy and respectful enough?
What I figured from some of the fan base. We all want him gone or maybe almost everyone but why do you feel the need to make a fool of our fan base. If we make a change the candidates probably would look at how the former coaches are treated by the fans.

Reactions: Davehack
Later clappy! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! Classy and respectful enough?

Do they teach you to hate other people in whatever religious services that you actually attend? This assumes that you even listen to the sermons.

What I figured from some of the fan base. We all want him gone or maybe almost everyone but why do you feel the need to make a fool of our fan base. If we make a change the candidates probably would look at how the former coaches are treated by the fans.

Being overly derisive is a sign of the
lack of emotional maturity by that poster

Being overly derisive is a sign of the
lack of emotional maturity by that poster
IU fans have put up with this carnival sideshow for 9 years....and Crean has been very much supported over that time...Here of late, its time to pay the piper, and fans are vocal. He refuses to leave without the appropriate walking papers....so it might get nasty.

Reactions: russelltodd
Leave a defeated person some dignity. It's both the smart thing and the right thing to do . . .

notabout to shed a crocodile tear for someone who has made tens of millions of dollars coaching basketball. If he doesn't gently step aside this off season he deserves every bit of derision coming his way.

Reactions: russelltodd
It'd probably be a better idea to save the celebration for the announcement of a new coach (assuming a celebration would be warranted).

IU fans have put up with this carnival sideshow for 9 years....and Crean has been very much supported over that time...Here of late, its time to pay the piper, and fans are vocal. He refuses to leave without the appropriate walking papers....so it might get nasty.

Supported monetarily, but let us not go overboard. Chants at high school games his kid is playing in, fire Tom Crean websites, wishing him dead, let alone the very classy comments on message boards. Not supportive. A bad look for many of us that cherish IU, those events and those classless comments reflect poorly on the alumni.

If we make a change the candidates probably would look at how the former coaches are treated by the fans.

Do you and Jones REALLY believe this crap?

You REALLY think a coach is going to troll internet chat rooms and gauge the fan base from what he reads?

IMO, Any coach that has reached the level of being considered for the IU job is going to be extremely confident in his abilities and could not care less about fans and what they say on a forum. He knows if he wins, the fans will love him, PERIOD.

Do they teach you to hate other people in whatever religious services that you actually attend? This assumes that you even listen to the sermons.

I love the cuddly Old Testament stories where God ordered men, women and children slaughtered.

Those were always my favorite bed time stories.

"Mom, tell me the one again where God turned Lot's wife into a salt block just b/c she turned around!!"

Reactions: 23rdPS
Supported monetarily, but let us not go overboard. Chants at high school games his kid is playing in, fire Tom Crean websites, wishing him dead, let alone the very classy comments on message boards. Not supportive. A bad look for many of us that cherish IU, those events and those classless comments reflect poorly on the alumni.
I don't support any disrespect to Crean and/or particularly any of his family. That is flat out unacceptable. On a message board, however, some unkind things will be said. That exists everywhere on sports message boards...IU just happens to have a very active fanbase...so the numbers are there good and bad.

Ah yes, attitudes like this, those other coaches are beating down our doors to coach at IU.
How do you know who would be beating down our doors to coach at IU. We still have a guy who calls himself a coach. The guy can't coach defense, doesn't get the local talent to come to IU and doesn't get on his players for making stupid plays. Anyone can go out there and tell his players to play fast and to shoot the ball. Basketball is both offense and defense which Crean must not know because he has done a lousy job of teaching defense.

Do you and Jones REALLY believe this crap?

You REALLY think a coach is going to troll internet chat rooms and gauge the fan base from what he reads?

IMO, Any coach that has reached the level of being considered for the IU job is going to be extremely confident in his abilities and could not care less about fans and what they say on a forum. He knows if he wins, the fans will love him, PERIOD.
You don't have to read the message boards to know how he has been treated. All I am saying show some respect to him if he is let go.

You don't have to read the message boards to know how he has been treated. All I am saying show some respect to him if he is let go.
It doesn't help if reports are true that Mizzou offered and Crean turned down the offer. That would inflame IU fans further. This divorce needs to be finalized, and soon. As to the respect point...I believe that Dakich, Doyle, etc....will blow the fan abuse out of proportion just like they are doing calling IU fans delusional and lunatics for wanting him gone in the first place. This simply needs to end. If it takes IU a month to replace him with the right guy after he's gone....so be it.

I love the cuddly Old Testament stories where God ordered men, women and children slaughtered.

Those were always my favorite bed time stories.

"Mom, tell me the one again where God turned Lot's wife into a salt block just b/c she turned around!!"

You just read it wrong. Yes, that is what it says but you can't just take it word for word and not look deeper into it. Those were all metaphors of life...........yeah.....

You just read it wrong. Yes, that is what it says but you can't just take it word for word and not look deeper into it. Those were all metaphors of life...........yeah.....

Just like those verses from the OT condemning homosexual men, I take it? We shouldn't take those literally, either?

Ever notice how the Bible never says anything about woman on woman action?

Just like those verses from the OT condemning homosexual men, I take it? We shouldn't take those literally, either?

Ever notice how the Bible never says anything about woman on woman action?

No you should definitely take those as literal. For sure. I guess. Maybe. Probably not.......

If he is let go just do it with some class which IU fans use to have.

I feel like most IU fans do still have class. You will always have the jokers but that's anywhere. He's a grown man and understands its all about sports. I don't see how someone can take a nutty sport fan too serious.

I have a high end bourbon on the shelf ready to crack the day Crean is fired. And I will do a dance. Like no one is watching.

Mizzou fan here.. I'm all for hating your coach (see Kim Anderson)

but what's the key reasons you guys are so down on Crean? Not backing him really just curious bc from an outsiders view he just won the big ten last year and this year beat U.K. and UNC before the key injuries took place?

but what's the key reasons you guys are so down on Crean? Not backing him really just curious bc from an outsiders view he just won the big ten last year and this year beat U.K. and UNC before the key injuries took place?
Its best that you don't dig too deep.....Ignore us IU fans....and just believe what Doyle, Dakich, etc....and even some here are saying...We are delusional about wanting Crean gone. Just believe that, and offer him just enough $$ to say yes. After the deal is done...we'll talk further.

From Mizzou's perspective, he fits nicely. He is a tireless worker and has contacts nationally.

From Indiana's perspective, we see him mismanage games often. He has proven over his long career that his teams don't get better as the season goes on (last year being the only outlier). Most were over Crean long long ago and we refuse to accept mediocrity let alone 10 place finishes in the B1G. He has 2 Micky D's playing right now. One is a Jr and the other a So no less and we still can't crack the upper half of the B1G let alone tourney? No thanks. Time for us to move on. In 9 seasons at IU we haven't seen the other side of a sweet 16. With the facilities and talent in this state, you have to try to be that bad.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Its best that you don't dig too deep.....Ignore us IU fans....and just believe what Doyle, Dakich, etc....and even some here are saying...We are delusional about wanting Crean gone. Just believe that, and offer him just enough $$ to say yes. After the deal is done...we'll talk further.

LOL oh...oops. I didn't get the memo. Please retract my last statement. He's a great coach and if he decides to leave IU and upgrade to Mizzou, we will be heartbroken...... there, did that look real?

Reactions: Harpo Marxist
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT