ADVERTISEMENT

The Current State of Media

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
trying to watch the Scottish Open

was interrupted by the press conference about the assassination attempt that refused to say anything about the assassination attempt, after last nights presser that refused to say anything about the assassination attempt, and not one media member said “well, if you can”t talk about the investigation, then why are you having a press conference?”

and the local station just told me I could watch “gavel to gavel” coverage of the Alec Baldwin trial next week.

my morning breakfast game in law school was counting editing errors in the Indy Star - may revive it

was interrupted by the press conference about the assassination attempt that refused to say anything about the assassination attempt, after last nights presser that refused to say anything about the assassination attempt, and not one media member said “well, if you can”t talk about the investigation, then why are you having a press conference?”

and the local station just told me I could watch “gavel to gavel” coverage of the Alec Baldwin trial next week.

my morning breakfast game in law school was counting editing errors in the Indy Star - may revive it
They're still scrambling to attempt to find a way to make the Secret Service team Joe had him assigned appear even slightly competent and the shooter to come off as a disassociated loner with no real political aims...

They'll be two tracks: crazy man, nothing to see here, move along...;
or the MSNBC/The View version, that somehow Trump caused it (and it'll be inferred that he should be continued to be stalked because he's "an existential threat to democracy").

They're still scrambling to attempt to find a way to make the Secret Service team Joe had him assigned appear even slightly competent and the shooter to come off as a disassociated loner with no real political aims...

They'll be two tracks: crazy man, nothing to see here, move along...;
or the MSNBC/The View version, that somehow Trump caused it (and it'll be inferred that he should be continued to be stalked because he's "an existential threat to democracy").
My prediction is the Secret Service will say they thought the guy on the roof was one of their own.

But there us no real way to explain letting a guy get on a roof in line of sight/line of fire of the guy you are supposed to protect.

But actual job performance is no longer the main idea. DEI and demographic hiring trumps competency. Trying to discipline or fire a government employee requires 3-4 times their salary in legal fees and months to years of appeals.

This afternoon I heard one of the commentators of a major network make a point that the shooter registered as Republican, but conveniently neglected to add he donated money to the Biden campaign in ’22. It didn’t fit their narrative apparently.

When I was at IU in the early ‘70’s, the editor of the IDS would display the editing mistakes made by student writers in a class-enclosed cabinet located outside the journalism building. I imagine this form of public humiliation has been discontinued as anti-bullying sentiment has swelled.

This afternoon I heard one of the commentators of a major network make a point that the shooter registered as Republican, but conveniently neglected to add he donated money to the Biden campaign in ’22. It didn’t fit their narrative apparently.
False

He donated $15 to a progressive PAC, not to Biden, and then he later registered as a Republican.

He did not register as a Republican to vote in the primaries for someone he thought would lose, since he didn't vote in the primaries, He only cast a vote once, in 2022 midterms.

His classmates say he was an apolitical loner, with friends who were Trumpers.

His neighbors describe his family as not politically active: never talked politics, never put up political signs.

I know you're distraught! Not Antifa, Not BLM. Not LGTBQ. Not even a Democrat! Just an NRA gun-nutter.

False

He donated $15 to a progressive PAC, not to Biden, and then he later registered as a Republican.

He did not register as a Republican to vote in the primaries for someone he thought would lose, since he didn't vote in the primaries, He only cast a vote once, in 2022 midterms.

His neighbors describe his family as not politically active: never talked politics, never put up political signs.

I know you're distraught! Not Antifa, Not BLM. Not LGTBQ. Not even a Democrat! Just an NRA gun-nutter.
I read he was a hard core MAGA with full hatred for Trump

False

Thank you for your added incite. So you say he voted in the ‘22 midterms. Now tell us who he voted for. Have you not heard that some voters are registering under the guise of the opposite party so as to vote for certain opposing candidates in attempts to sway local elections for House/Senate seats?

Also, you were quick to say his parents didn’t talk politics with neighbors, but neglected to reveal that both his folks are registered Democrats. What has been the political rhetoric he’s been under the influence of for the past decade? Only a very small percentage of politically-minded people bother to display yard signs. I never have/will and some might consider me hard core Republican. I’m that way because my folks were. I couldn’t help but be influenced in that direction. It’s the same reason I’ve liked IU all my cognizant life It’s funny how that works, isn’t it!

Don’t try and tell me he’s apolitical. Why do you think this “apolitical” person was aiming at the presidential candidate’s head, just for target practice? To act out his video game experience? Because he thought he was the reincarnation of Hitler and feared genocide? He was politically motivated, one way or the other… or somewhere in between.
BTW, I have friends who are Democrats - it means absolutely nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT