ADVERTISEMENT

The beauty of a simple meal

Usually smoking. But yes. I will occasionally do some old school BBQ thighs on charcoal.
We had this med mal client at crazy’s office who was making six figures a year selling steaks out of his pickup truck. He figured out when the guys at fort Leonard wood army base got paid and he’d show up with a truck full. Then he’d go do it at Scott Air Force base on their payday. He had other customers but the army guys were his cash cow. Madness

Good read.

Hemingways last sought-after meal appears to have been a NY strip, baked potato, Caesar salad, and glass of Bordeaux. Pretty good.

You get three items and a drink. List your favorite simple meal.

Give me an Au Cheval cheeseburger, twice baked potato, slice of original cheesecake with a drizzle of caramel and fresh strawberries (sweetest batch), washed down with Delirium Tremens.

We had this med mal client at crazy’s office who was making six figures a year selling steaks out of his pickup truck. He figured out when the guys at fort Leonard wood army base got paid and he’d show up with a truck full. Then he’d go do it at Scott Air Force base on their payday. He had other customers but the army guys were his cash cow. Madness
Pay day is the same day for all military, but it’s a good business idea.

Reactions: BradStevens
At the Annual we’ll do a couple whole hogs
One of my college buddies sisters served a whole hog at their wedding. It was great.

Another college buddy served Kilroy’s stuffed breadsticks late night. It was the bomb. Stumbling around trashed eating a Kilroy’s breadstick dressed up in a tux. Who cares if you get a little cheese sauce on it? It’s a rental.

This is the long way of saying we need a late night snack in Auburn.

Good read.

Hemingways last sought-after meal appears to have been a NY strip, baked potato, Caesar salad, and glass of Bordeaux. Pretty good.

You get three items and a drink. List your favorite simple meal.
Crab Legs

Nachos

Cheesecake

The tallest dirty martini possible. Blue cheese olives. Vodka (Gin sucks)

One of my college buddies sisters served a whole hog at their wedding. It was great.

Another college buddy served Kilroy’s stuffed breadsticks late night. It was the bomb. Stumbling around trashed eating a Kilroy’s breadstick dressed up in a tux. Who cares if you get a little cheese sauce on it? It’s a rental.

This is the long way of saying we need a late night snack in Auburn.
Lol. Wives are coming. You aren’t staying up late.

“Snarl, I have a headache. I’m going to lay down . . . Oh, you’re not going to come with me?”

Last edited:
Sounds good but I like my tea unsweetened and I’d add a baked potato. My wife would insist on a salad but I’d eat less of it than she’d like. Also with bleu cheese dressing because I really like it. 😎
^^^ this, but a sweet spud.

Pretty tough to pick just one thing.

1. Rabbit and gravy

2. Red skinned mashed potatoes

3. Grilled corn on the cob

My backup to #1 would be surf and turf. A bone in ribeye and lobster. Or crab cake instead of lobster.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Me no likey sweet spuds at all but my wife does.
Don’t get me wrong, love me some taters, but the sweet spud is just so much better for us.
As a side note, I’ve ran across a few (damn few, but a few) that serve sweet tater fries, who have figured out the seasoning perfectly! Done right, they can be a game changer. I think one of the places was an eatery inside…. ORD…. I think it was. I was totally amazed.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Don’t get me wrong, love me some taters, but the sweet spud is just so much better for us.
As a side note, I’ve ran across a few (damn few, but a few) that serve sweet tater fries, who have figured out the seasoning perfectly! Done right, they can be a game changer. I think one of the places was an eatery inside…. ORD…. I think it was. I was totally amazed.
Sweet potatoe fries are never crisp enough. It’s inferior for the fry application

Last edited:
Deer loin (marinated in olive oil overnight) grilled over charcoal

Fried walleye

Fried potatoes and onions in butter

Bell’s Best Brown Ale (or Oktoberfest)

In Sept I'll be doing a fly-in trip to a middle of nowhere lake in Ontario to fish for Walleye and Northern Pike for 7 days. we'll be eating a few pounds of walleye a day each the whole trip. it's amazing. by day 5 you start experiencing the issues of an almost 0% fiber diet though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT