ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you for the 4 years Al Durham!

SO.IN.HOOSIER

Recruit
Mar 4, 2021
Today Al Durham put on his instagram that he was leaving the program. Whether that means he will spend his last year else where, or go play pro ball overseas is still uncertain. He wasn't the best player to put on an IU jersey, but he was a well mannered, classy player. I've had many of days where I couldn't stand his basketball play, but at the end of the day I am happy we got to see him play as a Hoosier for four years. Nothing but love. Once a Hoosier, always a Hoosiers! Good luck in where ever you end up next!

I will miss seeing Al out there. Honestly, he will probably go down as one of my favorite Hoosiers post Bob Knight era. Gave us everything he had for 4 years. Good luck going forward Mr. Durham. You will be missed.

Al increased his points, rebounds, and assists each year of his career. That's not bad.

Also, what I appreciate about him most was the effort he put in during the losing streak 2 seasons ago while other players played like they didn't care. In particular, the Michigan game at home. It might have been 40-2 at half time had Al not gotten the team going single handedly.

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass!
you can't blame the guy for leaving. program is in shambles, the coach doesn't improve his players. Losing streak almost all 4 years. Never got a chance in the big dance. I actually feel really bad for Al. Let him spend his final year closer to home. Georgia might be perfect fit talent wise and his family can go to every game. I truly wish him the best of luck and Im grateful for the 4 years he gave us.

you can't blame the guy for leaving. program is in shambles, the coach doesn't improve his players. Losing streak almost all 4 years. Never got a chance in the big dance. I actually feel really bad for Al. Let him spend his final year closer to home. Georgia might be perfect fit talent wise and his family can go to every game. I truly wish him the best of luck and Im grateful for the 4 years he gave us.
I don’t blame anything on Al, He played hard for four years! The door comment was a figure of speech!

Was not a great player but per teammates it looks like a great guy.
Congrats on sticking out 4 years.
Good luck with your next step.

Let him spend his final year closer to home. Georgia might be perfect fit talent wise and his family can go to every game. I truly wish him the best of luck and Im grateful for the 4 years he gave us.
It would be an ironic ending for him to be playing his final year for Crean.

It would be an ironic ending for him to be playing his final year for Crean.
If I was him I’d transfer to a school near home and play in front of friends and family for a season before going out into the real world and start a career. Georgia might be the place.

Reactions: Sassy61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT