ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee football = Indiana basketball

Stellara1

Freshman
Oct 29, 2016
The similarities between these two proud programs are intriguing. Both have tremendous fan/financial support and relatively fertile recruiting grounds. Still for whatever reason they just can't seem to hire the "right guy" for the job. Both programs stuck in decades long "serious rebuilds".

The similarities between these two proud programs are intriguing. Both have tremendous fan/financial support and relatively fertile recruiting grounds. Still for whatever reason they just can't seem to hire the "right guy" for the job. Both programs stuck in decades long "serious rebuilds".
Actually we mirror Nebraska Football.

5 National Championships
Stuck in the shadows of former legendary coach
Fanbase that is fanatical
Can't get to the tournament or a bowl game.

Actually I disagree on 1 of your points: fertile recruiting ground. While I agree, that should be a strength for our program, I don't think of TN as a hotbed for HS football, and it's also not a big state population-wise. Probably even more of a hindrance for them, since you need so many more players to be good in football. I was always shocked that UT, OU and NB would have such good football teams for that reason, especially NB. They've got to lure a lot of kids a long way from home to an out of the way place to be competitive. (FYI, the wikipedia page I found listed TN and IN as the 16th and 17th most populace states, but just under 7,000,000). CA has almost 40 million, TX 30 mill, and FL and NY around 20 mill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT